Who gives the best deal in your experience ...?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
:listen: not so astroboy ...yes, no spark plugs but still need glow plugs and if its not of the highest quality and not properly installed, piston head and cylinder wall can be damaged.......the point is, based on experience, when having a diesel engine car, extra care for the engine is required.

Other than that, its simply pure driving pleasure.... be it a 3 series or 5 (like mine).:top::top::top:

astroboy;460232 said:
320d, N47B20, 177bhp@4,000rpm, 350Nm@1,750rpm.

Wow! That's massive torque, way higher than the 200, 230 and 250Nm of the 320i, 323i and 325i. With that amount of torque, the acceleration should be almost as good as the 325i :eek:

What's the pricing, can anybody report?

RM255k for 320d Sport, full MSport accessories like the 320i Sport, no iDrive la.. :D :D

Its actually RM7k more than the petrol cousin.. 320i Sport.

The best part about the 320d is look at how early it achieve it peak torque, about 1k rpm away from idling rpm.. :eek:

Next best thing is of course the 4.81L/100km consumption!! :eek: One tank of diesel can easily do 1000km.. :eek: Those are hybrid car figures, even the carbon foot print as well!! :top: minus the costly hybrid car lithium ion batteries.. :D :D

I got mine a couple of months back during AB Private Sale weekend. And a big YES.... 325sports were offered at 270k to 275k depending on colour. Alpine White and Black most popular, 323 at 245k to 248k. VKool tint inculded as well as 6 months road tax. Cars are pre-reg but near 0 milage. Only milage is to Puspakom inspection for registration purposes.... Lately AB trying to push remaining units at higher prices.

etquah;460187 said:
Check-out the financing package as well. They play with interest rates too. If you buy CASH, of course no issues on this.

etquah, you're right. Some dealers give too good discount and play with the interest rate. In the end, the difference among the dealers is plus/minus RM5K for the entire loan period.

Based on history, Chinese New Year is the best time to buy car be it new or pre-registered. The rate can go as low as 1.88%

The 270k price for a new pre-reg 325i sports is gone. My friend was offered this price a month or so back by AB, and when he finally decided, AB withdrew the offer and gave him a new price of RM275k. He kicked up a ruckus of course, and AB gave the reason that stocks are now limited and no mgt approval to release anymore at 270k. So he went to IA to get a better deal than was was being offered. He's taking delivery of his car this week!

whoa...car shopping can sometimes be frustrating too!

too bad 335i is not locally assembled, guess how much would the price tag be for 335i CKD? anyone?

Spaceman;460448 said:
whoa...car shopping can sometimes be frustrating too!

too bad 335i is not locally assembled, guess how much would the price tag be for 335i CKD? anyone?

Definitely frustating, when you thought you got good deal, a better deal will come out. neverending.:wink:

Interesting comments from BMW Malaysia:

"Other than that, BMW says they’ve done adequate testing and the engine should run fine on our Euro 2M fuel, at least within the warranty period."

:D

But we saw this in the IA show room unit! :eek: BlackE90 can be my witness.

MTYyNzM0X3A=.png

The huge Milo can on the bottom left..
BMW_N47_02--P0036719.jpg

.. and check out the hydraulic power steering pump under the aircond compressor. So what Electric Power Steering are they talking about? notice the thick layer of insulation under the top cover? :eek: Notice the black tube next to the throttle? That's the dipstick.. :D
BMW_N47_00.jpg

E46Fanatic;460547 said:
Interesting comments from BMW Malaysia:

"Other than that, BMW says they’ve done adequate testing and the engine should run fine on our Euro 2M fuel, at least within the warranty period."

:D

BMW diesel engines seem quite bullet-proof, at least I've never heard complaints about our 1M diesel from the few 530d owners I know. I notice from the website that the 320d does 0-100km in 8.0s, which is better than the petrol 323i. Composite FC of 6.0l/100km which gives 1000km per tankful! The mind boggles what the bigger and turbocharged diesels can do - eat my 325i Sports without raising a sweat, while I spend $$$ on V-Power. Could be sign of things to come! :rolleyes:

But i dont like Diesel smell. and probably might end up queing behind trucks and lorries at petrol kiosk for diesel...not feeling good.

Spaceman;460614 said:
But i dont like Diesel smell. and probably might end up queing behind trucks and lorries at petrol kiosk for diesel...not feeling good.

Bro, if you drive the diesel beemer, make sure you fill up your tank at night, after 11.30pm la...there will not be any trucks and/or lorries buying diesel during this time. mah...so you won't have this "not feeling good".

Spaceman;460614 said:

If I am not mistaken, the SA told me the fume that come out from the Diesel engine is cleaner than petrol. Cleaner maybe smell better.

Diesel smell, not diesel smoke smell.. :D :D

Don't worry about coundn't get diesel, no matter how shortage diesel gets at one point of time. All u need to do is stop at the rest area or stop a lorry or bus and offer them RM10 for 10L of diesel, they will quickly sell to u and don't be surprised if you see them fully equipped with siphoning equipment ready for such transaction. Otherwise, u can keep a set in your boot too.. :wink:

These truckers will thank you for your offer because those are company fuel anyway but whatever they manage to sell, it becomes personal bonus to the driver.. :D :D

Oh! Yes, they only take CASH.. :top:

good things about turbo diesel and for this particular discussion is the 320d is the torque and the fuel saving...has anyone actually drive this car and give some feed back...yes the 0-100 figure is impressive 8 sec...but i reckon being a diesel with 5k or lower red line rpm...would it still be a blast for a spirited driving ? my experience high revving car is the best choice for it....

For everyone's benefit, just got an email from an SA at AB (BB) about their year end offer. Apparently 323i going for RM248k NEW (not new pre-reg). Have asked for more details about offers on other models.

glock_8;460914 said:
good things about turbo diesel and for this particular discussion is the 320d is the torque and the fuel saving...has anyone actually drive this car and give some feed back...yes the 0-100 figure is impressive 8 sec...but i reckon being a diesel with 5k or lower red line rpm...would it still be a blast for a spirited driving ? my experience high revving car is the best choice for it....

For sure diesels are for city driving and highway cruising, not spirited driving on B-roads and track. One has to weigh that against how much of such driving one does. I haven't been for a just-for-fun B-road drive in more than a year... :)

Top Bottom