Purchasing a E46 318Ci. First time BMW owner need some wise advice! =)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmw7833;733010 said:
Ohh..diff name in email so never realized..

Bring the money and form with car to OTT this Friday then thing can be fix up if u meet with the sifu.

Just got the news today that car can only be released next Tues earliest. Will try to join the next TT! :D

Congratulations on your new ride bro...

You can always come to the OTT tonight at Borneo Sunway.

just took delivery of the car few hours ago. supposed to be next week but dealer called up saying no more parking at his place hence took early delivery. drove without roadtax all the way to PJ from Serdang. shh. :D

anyway, here are some photos took earlier:

2b2eba56.jpg

9240e8fa.jpg

0c836468.jpg

7bfa3813.jpg

it's a 2004 325i Exclusive Edition but came with projector headlights, xenon and angel eyes. not sure if the xenon projector came original with the car though. anyone can enlighten on this?

just noticed both sides of headlights are not levelled and have no idea how to adjust. does auto-levelling come as standard?

previous owner should be a member of BMWCM since it has the BMWCM number plate holder. :p

dear all...

I'm also a newbie & been quiet for a while... but just to recap, 318ci N42B20 is a problematic engine? this model is running on 5 speed auto gbox correct me if I'm wrong.
I've been thinking of this model and to supercharge it, what do you guys think? or should still go to M54?

thanks for let me tumpang this thread...

Just my personal opinion. buying a 6 potter bmw is always better than a 4 potter. Yes you pay more during service but m54 engine is way better n less problem. Try to source out a 320ci or 325ci if you can. I used to drive a 325ci, which is quite rare in the market. Normally you will either find alot of 318ci and 330ci. Since nowadays both models price difference are quite minimal it is the road tax per year that is you took into consideration. If I were you I will definitely go for a 6 potter. Just my 2 cents.

clavenk;734674 said:
i think you bought this car from serdang right? i think i saw this car before.

Yeap. Serdang. Has it been there for a long time?

just got a text from Fedex saying the SMG steering & slip ring will be received later today. will go accessories-hunting this weekend once I go for initial service @ Optimum. :)

Things-to-get/do:

1. ///M aluminium pedals
2. ///M car mats
3. BMW roundel (Bavarian Auto, SS2)
4. BMW key fob emblem (Racing Fit Motorsport, Sunway)
5. Huper Optik tint (CK Auto, Puchong)
6. Double-Din DVD Player /w GPS (TBC)

anyone has any idea where can I get item 1 and 2? Found them on eBay but shipping charges are quite on the high side. :(

wingzee;735285 said:
just got a text from Fedex saying the SMG steering & slip ring will be received later today. will go accessories-hunting this weekend once I go for initial service @ Optimum. :)

Things-to-get/do:

1. ///M aluminium pedals
2. ///M car mats
3. BMW roundel (Bavarian Auto, SS2)
4. BMW key fob emblem (Racing Fit Motorsport, Sunway)
5. Huper Optik tint (CK Auto, Puchong)
6. Double-Din DVD Player /w GPS (TBC)

anyone has any idea where can I get item 1 and 2? Found them on eBay but shipping charges are quite on the high side. :(

PM vixxx, he able to get for u.

Alex5522;735314 said:
wow.. so fast start the cosmetic of your lovely udm alrdy bro :rock::rock:

Just PMed bro vixxx. Well, have to save up on other purchases/expenses just for all these!:D

Nice car.
The exhaust tip looks like ACS product, but not really matching with the M kit you have.
the 17 inch wheels looks a tad puny on the E46.
Try sourcing for an original 18 inch Staggered MV alloys! Most appropriate for the E46 I reckon

Congrats and keep us posted on the changes and Mods!

ck318ci;735350 said:
Nice car.
The exhaust tip looks like ACS product, but not really matching with the M kit you have.
the 17 inch wheels looks a tad puny on the E46.
Try sourcing for an original 18 inch Staggered MV alloys! Most appropriate for the E46 I reckon

Congrats and keep us posted on the changes and Mods!

Yeap it's an ACS tip. Sourcing for 330Ci 18" rims at the moment.

But gonna go slow lah. Paid a hefty d/p for the ride already. :p

Top Bottom