How is your f10's internet experience?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
macdaque;638055 said:
Apparently does NOT void the warranty. http://www.dvdinmotion.com/faq . Apparently u can restore original / remove dvdinmotion at any time by reinserting the cd. (sorry typo earlier, meant to say doesn't, edited)
Thank u macdaque for organising.now will get ready with vin and further instructions from you.

hardly seen any f10 for any of bmwclubmalaysia TT ....come join us larr someday ...

ICEMAN 13;638252 said:
hardly seen any f10 for any of bmwclubmalaysia TT ....come join us larr someday ...

We are shy mah! Do you guys get sponsorship from BMW for events?

xero200;638323 said:
Hey macdaque, I've replied to your PM.

Replied. Be patient a little longer, I am negotiating a good price for us all, they will be reverting shortly, and with a special promotion for us forumers. Will post update very soon.

In anticipation of dvdinmotion, tried today to use thumb drive to play movie in central console usb port.the usb port only read music.look like got to go pasar malam for dvd.surely it can play pirates disc right?..

ICEMAN 13;638252 said:

Bro, would love to join but cannot find tt thread. Stay in puchong, prefer nearby. Thanks

ashman55;638368 said:
In anticipation of dvdinmotion, tried today to use thumb drive to play movie in central console usb port.the usb port only read music.look like got to go pasar malam for dvd.surely it can play pirates disc right?..

Yup, as long as it's the right format!

OK all, don't need to PM me anymore. I have been negotiating with dvdinmotion (Lucie in particular), and have it all set up. The price has been negotiated at US$140, that's lower than bulk price, and lower than the bimmerfest that I previously mentioned! This is a special offer for bmwclubmalaysia.com forumers only.

You can use the link below:

URL: http://dvdinmotion.com/order-bmwclubmalaysia

Glad to also report that I was the first to order and first to pay, download and install the software.
The entire process:
30 secs to download .iso file
1 min to write to DVD (works with ordinary good quality CD too, but I had only blank DVDs)
Start car, ejected my existing CD, inserted dvdinmotionDVD, ejected in about 5 secs
Reinserted dvdinmotionDVD, screen went blank after 5 secs, dvdinmotionDVD ejected, BMW logo came on
DONE!

All in all less than 5 mins!

Then reinserted movie DVD (used David Foster's You're the Inspiration, highly recommended coz fantastic music and performance, only distraction is Katharine McPhee's performance, she looks great in white satin! You guys better keep those eyes on the road!) Works GREAT! Got the sequel to David Foster's DVD, can't wait to surprise my wife!

After you guys try, share your experience please. Hope this works for you all.

If you have any problems, do email Lucie at info dvdinmotion.com [info@dvdinmotion.com], or 'Lucie@dvdinmotion.com'
It's Europe time she is in I think, coz she started replying to me at 2pm, and that is when she can set it all up for you. The software is custom written, so she has to be there to set it up, took her about 15 mins with mine.

I had use DVDinmotion and it works like a charm.The service is excellent.I paid in the morning by afternoon everything done.Credit to macdaque for leading the way.

I hear that Lucie is coding in to allow internet while on the move. She did indicate that there was some problems with cars in Thailand, and asked me to check. I have sent her the screenshots. She assured me that she would be working on the coding. Meanwhile, please exercise care and caution when driving and watching dvd and especially surfing the internet, and eyes on the road please, ok?

Our CIC can't play burned DVD from laptop,but it plays very well pasar malam DVD even in motion..small screen fantastic sound.I wonder what did i do wrong..

ashman55;638690 said:
Our CIC can't play burned DVD from laptop,but it plays very well pasar malam DVD even in motion..small screen fantastic sound.I wonder what did i do wrong..

Haven't tried any non-ori DVD on the F10, I remember years ago when DVD was still the in-thing (now it's blu-ray DVD), the media (DVD-R, DVD+R, etc) was important, as DVD players were rather sensitive to different kinds of media. I had a look a the F10 owner's manual, and the F10 DVD seems to take all sorts of media, so I guess changing your recording media isn't a solution - but do try though.

Has anyone tried ripping a blu-ray, and rewriting into normal non-blu-ray DVD? All good stuff on blu-ray nowadays, it is pointless buying normal DVDs. What software to use? Also, can MP4, avi be converted into DVD? Lots of movies in avi / mp4, now that HDD players are very popular.

Now i find the need to play movies. For my wife and kids in f10,before i don't even bother to try because who in the right mind want to sit in stationary car watching movies even in UDM.Like you said macdaque,can make the wife happy..Certainly we drivers suppose to keep our eyes on the road..Hope you can play ripped dvd in cic,let us know macdaque ok..

ashman55;638856 said:
Now i find the need to play movies. For my wife and kids in f10,before i don't even bother to try because who in the right mind want to sit in stationary car watching movies even in UDM.Like you said macdaque,can make the wife happy..Certainly we drivers suppose to keep our eyes on the road..Hope you can play ripped dvd in cic,let us know macdaque ok..

Playing movies like 2012, very difficult to concentrate. Only confining the movies to musicals or non-drama movie DVDs. I don't think we will ever be able to play mp4 and avi movies, though that will be great, coz at our F10 screen resolution, the files would be very small. Maybe can store 200+ movies in a 32GB USB thumb drive. Used to store the movies in mp4 and play from a USB thumb drive via the rear LCD DVD player that BMW co-brands with, but had to remove it coz the rattle was driving me nuts. Our stock Navi DVD player doesn't play movie files, only audio files, unfortunately for now, so that's the next software / hardware upgrade for BMW lah.

Now i know why cannot,because i transfer avi movies from usb via laptop.my son's cartoon collection.Look like got to go to speedy video..

ashman55;638864 said:
Now i know why cannot,because i transfer avi movies from usb via laptop.my son's cartoon collection.Look like got to go to speedy video..
You can convert your avi movies to DVD format to make the files playable on the F10 dvd player. You may wish to explore some software that will enable you to do that - http://www.xilisoft.com/avi-to-dvd-converter.html, other software exists too.

Top Bottom