My E36 Experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anxious;210385 said:
Good luck on ur search for ur E36 318. My car is a E36 325.

My former ride was a E30 318. Being a fresh grad u must understand that owning a 10 yr old bimmer is going to be a strain on ur resources as u must hv noticed from the various postings here.

There reason I chose to get older bimmers is firstly I dont travel outstation much and mainly drive in Pg.

Secondly I could afford to buy the car cash and there do not hv installments to worry about so I hv ready finance to repair the car as and when required.

If finance is a problem, my advise is dont get the Bimmer. At least not yet. Use ur MYVI first. Save some $$$ and then when u can afford a 318 cash, get it.

That way u will be able to enjoy t car w/o worrying abt the repair bill as u should hv spare cash to sort out the repairs.

In the event u still want to get a 318, then pls make sure that u get a car with full service history(all service bills available) and preferbably direct from the owner.

Good Luck.

nice tered and thanks for the advice u stated there..
maybe i'll stick to my wife swift for the moment until i have hard cash to buy my first udm..

Very useful thread, especially for prospective E36 buyers like myself. Currently in first job since grad, but not sure if willing to take the plunge. Maintenance aspect is the scary part for me. Rather not buy 1 and end up neglecting it due to financial constraints later. Just wondering, is there a big difference in maintaining a 318i as compared to a 6 potter?

rear axel standard no lsd chop shop + oil n installation more or less RM1k

Aidi_E30;821089 said:
Very useful thread, especially for prospective E36 buyers like myself. Currently in first job since grad, but not sure if willing to take the plunge. Maintenance aspect is the scary part for me. Rather not buy 1 and end up neglecting it due to financial constraints later. Just wondering, is there a big difference in maintaining a 318i as compared to a 6 potter?

i guess maintaining both is not a huge difference,someone owns 4 pot will enlighten u, perhaps. .I never own 4 potter BMW, all i have are old 6 potters and I dont earn that much..since day 1, what i can say is u need is some knowledge before you decide, the workshop you should go to, and some friends whom you can rely on. If u ask me now, I would say 6 potter is the better choice. if you start with 4 pot, am pretty sure you will hunt for 6 potter in the future..its your choice

2007_Bought e36 325i (M50b25) year 1995 without bring any body that really know about UDM (my silly mistake)
After 2 weeks use_head crack n cost me around 2.5k (2nd head,gasket n bagai2 lagi)
Just after 1 year_my GM gearbox need to do overhaul (totally kong) again cost around 3.5K

That time im really fade up and i start to think that my UDM really f****k my wallet.Anyway i love her so much...but what should i do??
The story just begin on 2010 when me and my wife on the way to Cherating and i try to chase Audi A4 turbo..of course aku makan asap la..
When i arrived in KL i just asking my mech what should i do at least to gain more power n pick up for my UDM n he suggest me to change the engine to
M52b25 with 5 speed gear box(kira ok la,nk masuk M3 enjin x mampu)

I found 1 halfcut(Japan spec) and the clock just 92k km and the price just 4.5k only.For after 1 month maka siaplah jentera aku dgn bernadikan M52b25 with 5 speed gearbox..kos semua skali kalu x silap 7-8k(skali dgn harga halfcut)
Dia punya pick up..walllllaaaaa.....wa cakap lu...terangkat..

Since that time aku nekad mmg x nak jual la my UDM aku n just 5 month ago sprayed to new colour (dark grey n cost 3.5K)
Moral of this story that i can tell u all..REALLY WORTH IT!!

Aidi_E30 said:
Tq. I am happy to share my experiences with all. Maintenance wise 318 vs 325 lebih kurang shj but enjoyment is worlds apart. Get 325/328.

babyvanos said:
2007_Bought e36 325i (M50b25) year 1995 without bring any body that really know about UDM (my silly mistake)
After 2 weeks use_head crack n cost me around 2.5k (2nd head,gasket n bagai2 lagi)
Just after 1 year_my GM gearbox need to do overhaul (totally kong) again cost around 3.5K

That time im really fade up and i start to think that my UDM really f****k my wallet.Anyway i love her so much...but what should i do??
The story just begin on 2010 when me and my wife on the way to Cherating and i try to chase Audi A4 turbo..of course aku makan asap la..
When i arrived in KL i just asking my mech what should i do at least to gain more power n pick up for my UDM n he suggest me to change the engine to
M52b25 with 5 speed gear box(kira ok la,nk masuk M3 enjin x mampu)

I found 1 halfcut(Japan spec) and the clock just 92k km and the price just 4.5k only.For after 1 month maka siaplah jentera aku dgn bernadikan M52b25 with 5 speed gearbox..kos semua skali kalu x silap 7-8k(skali dgn harga halfcut)
Dia punya pick up..walllllaaaaa.....wa cakap lu...terangkat..

Since that time aku nekad mmg x nak jual la my UDM aku n just 5 month ago sprayed to new colour (dark grey n cost 3.5K)
Moral of this story that i can tell u all..REALLY WORTH IT!!

well said bro , dont sell it and keep on whack! whack! and lets TT haha

Top Bottom