e90 vs Audi b8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
funfer_fahrer;393978 said:
I know why you like the CX-9. It is because of the Cayenne silhoutte, right?

Eh, how you know lah? Well actually I think it looks pretty good and it certainly large enough. I cannot see myself getting an Alphard. Plus it will really be the family/weekend/wife car. So cannot ask her to drive vanlah. As for real McCoy, the Cayenne, I have no idea how much it costs to run and maintain! Takutlah.

So in the end what are the considerations then?

X3, X5, CX7, CX9, Cayenne, Murano, Harrier, XC90? OR maybe just wait for the next 5 series!

Some are old, some are expensive, some have poor resale value. Geez!! :dontknow:

azwanb;394463 said:
Eh, how you know lah? Well actually I think it looks pretty good and it certainly large enough. I cannot see myself getting an Alphard. Plus it will really be the family/weekend/wife car. So cannot ask her to drive vanlah. As for real McCoy, the Cayenne, I have no idea how much it costs to run and maintain! Takutlah.

So in the end what are the considerations then?

X3, X5, CX7, CX9, Cayenne, Murano, Harrier, XC90? OR maybe just wait for the next 5 series!

Some are old, some are expensive, some have poor resale value. Geez!! :dontknow:

If you are adventurous enough, Cayenne is the car for you. Imagine, exploring new territory and having first hand experience of this Stuttgart beauty. Can be scary at first, but after a while I am sure she'll take good care of you. Just like newlyweds. Good car, commands a lot of respect, opens many doors that you never thought if you were to drive a CX-9, not too expensive nowadays, reasonable acceleration and top speed even for an entry level model. This car also has many followers. (One of them is.. ehem..me). So, it is not that difficult to dispose the car later on. Alphard? Well, that day I parked my Smart forfour next to an Alphard in front of a Naza showroom. My wife was scrutinizing the alphard without realizing behind the heavily tinted window the wife of the Alphard driver was also scrutinizing my Smart car. After she lowered the window, we were shocked to find that there was actually someone inside the car. The lady actually was interested in my car, and just to happen that my wife was interested in her Alphard. They just upgraded to Alphard from Estima. Estima, to them was no syok. Apparently, they changed cars every six to seven months. Ths husband also gila kereta just like me. After exchanging contact numbers, we found that the husband was a big time bak kut teh restaurant owner in Klang. Nothing against bak kut teh, but I just don't want to be associated with bak kut teh if I were to drive an Alphard. Ha ha..

not a big fan of SUVs.. they are tall,heavy and and not very efficient in more ways than one.being tall gives the cars bad drag coefficient,thus affecting performance and fuel efficiency.being tall also put the car's CG at a very undesireable spot,thus affecting handling.to make things worse,SUVs are heavy cars what with all the extra items required to make it 4WD..and as we all know,weight kills a car's dynamics,performance and handling.

unless u plan to do a lot of mud plugging,an SUV for the road just defies logic.but as we can see nowadays,people seem to buy them in droves.. i guess the Americans really do set the world's many logic defying trends now.

just my 2 centimos tho.. i'd rather get a stationwagon if i'm looking for that extra space.

funfer_fahrer;394503 said:
If you are adventurous enough, Cayenne is the car for you. Imagine, exploring new territory and having first hand experience of this Stuttgart beauty. Can be scary at first, but after a while I am sure she'll take good care of you. Just like newlyweds. Good car, commands a lot of respect, opens many doors that you never thought if you were to drive a CX-9, not too expensive nowadays, reasonable acceleration and top speed even for an entry level model. This car also has many followers. (One of them is.. ehem..me). So, it is not that difficult to dispose the car later on. Alphard? Well, that day I parked my Smart forfour next to an Alphard in front of a Naza showroom. My wife was scrutinizing the alphard without realizing behind the heavily tinted window the wife of the Alphard driver was also scrutinizing my Smart car. After she lowered the window, we were shocked to find that there was actually someone inside the car. The lady actually was interested in my car, and just to happen that my wife was interested in her Alphard. They just upgraded to Alphard from Estima. Estima, to them was no syok. Apparently, they changed cars every six to seven months. Ths husband also gila kereta just like me. After exchanging contact numbers, we found that the husband was a big time bak kut teh restaurant owner in Klang. Nothing against bak kut teh, but I just don't want to be associated with bak kut teh if I were to drive an Alphard. Ha ha..

Just as a warning, the set of FRONT wipers on a Cayenne will set you back RM750 from Auto Eurokars.

A set of front brake discs will set you back around RM8000!

supergripen;394681 said:
not a big fan of SUVs.. they are tall,heavy and and not very efficient in more ways than one.being tall gives the cars bad drag coefficient,thus affecting performance and fuel efficiency.being tall also put the car's CG at a very undesireable spot,thus affecting handling.to make things worse,SUVs are heavy cars what with all the extra items required to make it 4WD..and as we all know,weight kills a car's dynamics,performance and handling.

unless u plan to do a lot of mud plugging,an SUV for the road just defies logic.but as we can see nowadays,people seem to buy them in droves.. i guess the Americans really do set the world's many logic defying trends now.

just my 2 centimos tho.. i'd rather get a stationwagon if i'm looking for that extra space.

I like the high center of gravity. :)

Lately with the wacky weather, having that height to plow through floods really helps especially when you live in Klang, as i do.

The Cayenne S/Turbo is especially good with this height problem with the air suspension and 4 pre-set modes. You cant drive on the lowest mode though. It will reset to the 2nd lowest once the car moves. Only for loading although i heard theres software out there to reflash that will enable you to drive in this "loading mode"?

I think the Cayenne comes with steel springs?

k3nny;394910 said:

Lately with the wacky weather, having that height to plow through floods really helps especially when you live in Klang, as i do.

The Cayenne S/Turbo is especially good with this height problem with the air suspension and 4 pre-set modes. You cant drive on the lowest mode though. It will reset to the 2nd lowest once the car moves. Only for loading although i heard theres software out there to reflash that will enable you to drive in this "loading mode"?

what about hummer h3?

k3nny;394907 said:
Just as a warning, the set of FRONT wipers on a Cayenne will set you back RM750 from Auto Eurokars.

A set of front brake discs will set you back around RM8000!

supergripen;394681 said:

azwanb is going to get a car for his wife. Let me remind you the definition of a happy wife - a wife who drives a Cayenne. I don't think the wife is interested in modding or how high the centre of gravity. Just a standard Cayenne will do. When the wife is happy, she doesn't care if azwanb wants a Cayman S or a Gallardo for that matter. This is not about cars and mods. We are talking strategy here.

funfer_fahrer;395002 said:
azwanb is going to get a car for his wife. Let me remind you the definition of a happy wife - a wife who drives a Cayenne. I don't think the wife is interested in modding or how high the centre of gravity. Just a standard Cayenne will do. When the wife is happy, she doesn't care if azwanb wants a Cayman S or a Gallardo for that matter. This is not about cars and mods. We are talking strategy here.

i was talking about my preferences mind u:wink:

i glad my wife is not the type who needs a high seating position to be happy when driving..in fact,she actually wants a Golf GTi mk6,which we are waiting for(VW to bring in).might settle for the mk6 1.4TSi if the price is right...what i'm worried about is that she will probably end up with a faster car than mine:eek: even after i supercharge my e60:eek:

no matter..i'm pretty happy with her choice of cars.

k3nny;394910 said:

nah i don't buy it.. i guess it all boils down to personal preference la,some like blondes,some like brunettes,some prefer long black hair.nothin' wrong with that:wink:

if i had the kind of money to buy a Cayenne Turbo,i'd probably get a 997.for mud plugging/flood wading antics..hey,i forgot,i don't do mud plugging:rolleyes:

funfer_fahrer;394998 said:
I'm afraid whoever paid for this kind of price got played out big time. I used to bring back Porsche parts from Germany (up to the point where I can speak German when dealing with the Bavarians) and as far as I can remember they didn't cost that much. Just like owning a BMW, you got to know where to cari lubang. For those who don't have any experience, of course they will say that it is crazy to buy parts in Autobavaria.

Hehe.. I did. :)

The thing is i thought of asking around. The brakes were already giving a service indicator on the dash.

So i asked Shedden (ExoticMods) and he said he can get it from Singapore. Ultratune/Auto Eurokars quoted 8k/9k respectively while he quoted 7k and will get Raymond to install.

In the end i thought the difference to be negligible so i went with Ultratune. Safer. Hehe. This is for the Cayenne S brake discs.

If you have lubang, hehe.. share share lar bro. :)

As for the wipers, i know kena nicely lar but i really didnt know where else to find. Plus my parents get grumpy/angry when driving around with bad wipers and when it rains so no choice but to change with urgency.

Once again, if you got kang tao, would be MUCHH appreciated. hehe.. :)

With wipers in AB, it around RM200 - 300 for the E60 right if i remember correctly?

Can these be procured cheaper? Off topic so sorry.. hehe but just wondering. :)

funfer_fahrer;395002 said:

HAHAHAHA

Yea i think so. A Porsche driving wife is a happy wife. Esp now the Cayenne is coming in at such reasonable prices at the PI's.

Cayenne's for 300k odd and S 400+ with the turbo's going at 500+ in fact ive heard of the turbo's going at high 400's. :)

Strategy to get approval for home minister for automotive projects. :D

azwanb: Panamera!! :)

supergripen;395057 said:
nah i don't buy it.. i guess it all boils down to personal preference la,some like blondes,some like brunettes,some prefer long black hair.nothin' wrong with that:wink:

if i had the kind of money to buy a Cayenne Turbo,i'd probably get a 997.for mud plugging/flood wading antics..hey,i forgot,i don't do mud plugging:rolleyes:

Yea i think so. Different blokes different strokes, one mans meat is another's poison.

:)

I like NO HAIR at all! HEHEHEH

but now the cayenne turbo's pre-FL can be had for high 400's low 500's?

Is there 997 or even 996 turbo anywhere close to there? The last i checked there was one 996 Turbo S going for close to 1m first owner.

I dont go mud plugging but shiet i live in klang.

In my neighbourhood, everytime it rains heavily, a few roads will be flooded going out. You have to pick your route carefully and prepare to u-turn a few times.

if anyone knows bandar baru klang area quite well? the acmar school? infront of secret recipe? the whole area is a big flood when it rains heavily. cayenne's come in handy. hehehe

k3nny;395122 said:
Hehe.. I did. :)

The thing is i thought of asking around. The brakes were already giving a service indicator on the dash.

So i asked Shedden (ExoticMods) and he said he can get it from Singapore. Ultratune/Auto Eurokars quoted 8k/9k respectively while he quoted 7k and will get Raymond to install.

In the end i thought the difference to be negligible so i went with Ultratune. Safer. Hehe. This is for the Cayenne S brake discs.

If you have lubang, hehe.. share share lar bro. :)

As for the wipers, i know kena nicely lar but i really didnt know where else to find. Plus my parents get grumpy/angry when driving around with bad wipers and when it rains so no choice but to change with urgency.

Once again, if you got kang tao, would be MUCHH appreciated. hehe.. :)

With wipers in AB, it around RM200 - 300 for the E60 right if i remember correctly?

Can these be procured cheaper? Off topic so sorry.. hehe but just wondering. :)

Unfortunately, my only lubang is in Germany. I am leaving for Germany this Sunday. Please PM me your Cayenne's chasis number and model year. If you have the part number the better. I'll see what I can do. By the way, how much labour charges if you get Raymond to install?

funfer_fahrer;395184 said:
Unfortunately, my only lubang is in Germany. I am leaving for Germany this Sunday. Please PM me your Cayenne's chasis number and model year. If you have the part number the better. I'll see what I can do. By the way, how much labour charges if you get Raymond to install?

what is a lubang?

funfer_fahrer;395401 said:
Direct translation means a hole. In this context it is not a hole but a good place to find good deals.

Will PM it to you later in the evening when i get home.

Hope you're having a great trip?

:)
buying alot of mods back? hehe

Top Bottom