e90 vs Audi b8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Actually hor, only c-square knows the answer. Like picking a wife la.... if u listen to all your minum kaki on which girl u should marry... habis! We all put all her measurements as priority and focus least on her inner character.. :p

It is you that need to live with her for the rest of your life, not us.. :p make sure she's the one your heart desires.. or is measurements one of your main concerns too? :eek:

... and 320i is 150hp la.. the later 320i has added few more hp... but force induction cars like A4 and C class definitely has greater engine output than a 4-potter NA 320i. U need a 6-potter NA 325i to match those force induction cars.. but price is a different story la..

That's true, Astroboy.... but i am still open to listening to opinions from experts out there, some of whom are able to give me a different perspective of how to look at things.

I still think BMW's look is more ever green.. that some what helps in the value. Both Audi and Merc are great cars but not my "type" or "cup of tea".. :p

When I buy a car, hp is not everything, otherwise, I would have gotten a WRX or EVO.. each car has its advantages and disadvantages. It depends which feature u value most..

For me, I value a balance weight chassis and the a rear wheel drive car, which a BMW scores better.

Other main considerations are resale value, spare parts availability, ease of locating workshops or mechanics that can support my repair at reasonable price, financing interest rate, warranty tenor, and of course maintenance cost in the long run.

The E90 is starting to show its age. Only a minor facelift. Let's be honest here people. You'll get totally new car with totally new tecnology with the A4. It is voted as the winner for Australia's Best Car (Best Prestige Car Category) "...the new Audi A4 is the best Audi has ever made. So good is the all-new version that it's also won the prestige title". "......This latest A4 is the eighth iteration of Audi's mid-size passenger car and it's the best yet by far. It's an all-new design inside and out, which has given Audi boffins the right platform to make key mechanical design changes to improve the driving dynamics. The improvements have paid off, with large gains in A4's handling score compared with last year's model, and across the board improvements in the rest of the On-The-Road scores for ride, performance, braking, and smoothness and quietness".

As for maintenance, resale value and spare parts is concerned, this sentiment is perfectly normal when there is a new player in town trying to break the monopoly and change the consumers' mind. Remember those those days during the early nineties where everybody should own a Merc W124 model? Despite how nice and beautiful E36 in terms of looks performance, not many wanted to admit that the E36 is actually a better car. Why was that? Same thing again - maintenence, spare parts and so on. But now, the story is still the same with an exception - it is now between Audi and BMW. The new B8 is the turning point.

Test drove the Audi too a few times, just for the fun of it. I drive an E90, and the A4's handling & driving dynamics are no match for it. But the A4 is just superb on a highway...and the power in 'Dynamic' mode is amazing. Maybe i've never driven a 325 or a 335 so i cannot compare, but for RM 235k the A4 really does give one of the best value for money cars around. Interior quality is also amazing, top notch & i love the exterior looks....the S Line version is almost as pretty as the 325 sports. But if you want a car with better resale value, better network of after sales service (although Euromobil seems to be improving) and driving dynamics - then the E90 is still the one. Agree with previous statements, if you can afford it, go for the quattro version of the A4.

c-square;385508 said:
Bro bmw4eva,

Since you've owned both an Audi and Bimmer, probably you would be able to provide me a better appreciation of the maintenance cost of both marques. Which will be relatively higher, both in terms of regular maintenance and parts. Also, I gather that there are more electornics in the Audi, so am kind of a little more cautious with the headaches that would potentially come with them (you know how's it like when electornics fails and it costs a bomb to fix it).

C-Square,

To be honest, the cost of maintenance is about the same.There are some parts where Audi is more expensive,and some where the Bimmer is more expensive,so they equal out.But since my e32 has more electronics gadgetry, I have spent more on it to fix compared to the Audi. For example, I spent RM400++ to replace the sunroof motor on my e32, whereas the Audi has no sunroof and therefore no repair on it. Another example is the instrument cluster where my e32 experienced a complete failure of all gauges.Not wanting to spend time diagnosing, I just replaced the whole instrument cluster from a half-cut unit which cost me RM600++.Audi's instrument cluster is completely reliable and never needed tampering with.

Having said that, I know which car I rather drive when I'm about ready to go to work in the morning, and its the one with the Kidney Grille.I always view the Four Ring as a secondary car. The Bimmer is simply a better car to drive.

c-square;385508 said:
Bro bmw4eva,

Since you've owned both an Audi and Bimmer, probably you would be able to provide me a better appreciation of the maintenance cost of both marques. Which will be relatively higher, both in terms of regular maintenance and parts. Also, I gather that there are more electornics in the Audi, so am kind of a little more cautious with the headaches that would potentially come with them (you know how's it like when electornics fails and it costs a bomb to fix it).

C-square,

To be honest, the spare part cost of both cars is about the same.You see, on some parts, Audi is more expensive, whereas on others the Bimmer is more expensive. However, the thing that sets them apart is the fact that my e32 has more electronics,therefore it requires more repair than the Audi. For example, I spent RM400++ on the sunroof motor for my e32 when it finally stopped working, whereas I didn't have to spend that on the Audi since it has no sunroof. Another example is when the e32 experienced a complete failure of the instrument cluster gauges.Not wanting to waste time diagnosing, I decided to change the whole instrument cluster out of a half-cut unit costing RM600++.The Audi's instrument cluster is completely reliable since it is much less complex.

Having said that, I also have to admit one thing; When I walk out of my house to go to work and see these two cars, I know which one I would rather drive.It is always the one with the Kidney Grille. The Four Ring is always viewed as a secondary car. My e32 simply drives better than my A6.

bmw4eva;386215 said:
C-square,

To be honest, the spare part cost of both cars is about the same.You see, on some parts, Audi is more expensive, whereas on others the Bimmer is more expensive. However, the thing that sets them apart is the fact that my e32 has more electronics,therefore it requires more repair than the Audi. For example, I spent RM400++ on the sunroof motor for my e32 when it finally stopped working, whereas I didn't have to spend that on the Audi since it has no sunroof. Another example is when the e32 experienced a complete failure of the instrument cluster gauges.Not wanting to waste time diagnosing, I decided to change the whole instrument cluster out of a half-cut unit costing RM600++.The Audi's instrument cluster is completely reliable since it is much less complex.

Having said that, I also have to admit one thing; When I walk out of my house to go to work and see these two cars, I know which one I would rather drive.It is always the one with the Kidney Grille. The Four Ring is always viewed as a secondary car. My e32 simply drives better than my A6.

I would have to say the Audi maintenance is WAY MORE expensive than the BMW.

My B7 A4 2.0tFSI at 60,000 kms has cost me heaps in maintenance as opposed to my E60 525i with a good 100,000kms.

Euromobil's service is also very very poor with them unable to rectify very simple issues until i jump onto vagsg.com or vagmy.com and ask some questions and point them in the right direction.

Boo to Euromobil for that. However there is one VERY VERY knowledgeable and helpful service advisor there that can solve your problems. If you do end up buying the Audi, do PM me for said SA's name and contact number. :)

k3nny;386818 said:
I would have to say the Audi maintenance is WAY MORE expensive than the BMW.

My B7 A4 2.0tFSI at 60,000 kms has cost me heaps in maintenance as opposed to my E60 525i with a good 100,000kms.

Euromobil's service is also very very poor with them unable to rectify very simple issues until i jump onto vagsg.com or vagmy.com and ask some questions and point them in the right direction.

Boo to Euromobil for that. However there is one VERY VERY knowledgeable and helpful service advisor there that can solve your problems. If you do end up buying the Audi, do PM me for said SA's name and contact number. :)

so now where u fix ur audi, im thinking of getting a TTS

Still Euromobil.

Refer to said helpful service advisor. PM me for his name/number once you get your TTS.

Awesome car. ;)

Top Bottom