E90 BMW 325i vs Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
velocity;238909 said:
The only reason you are not in the league of Bimmer and Merc is you may not have enough money. So you settle with Alfa and try to justify it. and ahhhh the selespeed gear box is realy for sissy bro... pls lah.:thefinger:

oh my god..is this some sort of alfa-bashing post ?
anyway, i think the guys here are right...esp in m'sia where alfa image is severely affected by its lowwwwwwwwwww resale value, countless reliability problems, poor after sales service...it only deserve to be bought as 2nd hand only.

There is a comparison between the Lexus, A4, C230 and the BMW in the "What Car" August issue magazine. Read it yesterday and guess what.

The reviewer prefers the BMW for the following reasons.

a) better handling
b) fuel efficiency
c) classier interiors compared to the rest

Other factors are more or less the same or comparable between the models.

I think you guys are not being fair to selespeed who is also our friend and fellow forumer. I was Alfa man for many, many years until recently. Yes, it one step down financially from BM but my Alfa were all bought new and reliable. My used E46 is actually cheaper.

Anyway, there's nothing like the thrill of an Alfa in full song. It's a man's car.

So many years with Alfa, time to change lah. BM is also exciting car but more mature image. Alfa image is great for single or newly-wed-no-kids, but 3 series image better for one with young kids. Cannot afford a new E90 yet, so start with good E46. :)

My point is don't knock other marque and their supporter. Each marque fill a particular need. Peace bro...

meetoo;239154 said:
I think you guys are not being fair to selespeed who is also our friend and fellow forumer. I was Alfa man for many, many years until recently. Yes, it one step down financially from BM but my Alfa were all bought new and reliable. My used E46 is actually cheaper.

Anyway, there's nothing like the thrill of an Alfa in full song. It's a man's car.

Selespeed and this forum goes back a long way. There was another encounter quite some time ago. This one is a lot friendlier. While I don't mind engaging on the BMW vs. Alfa vs. other marques debate since this is the real world and my family and I do consider other cars, I feel that no one should be provocative. Honestly, I can't help thinking that there are hidden agendas in play when someone tries to advocate other marques or condemn BMW in what is essentially a BMW forum. I've been meaning to patch things up with selespeed since his last foray where I was very involved. Hence, the restraint now. But I hope no one crosses the line and get all personal cos it's just such a bane and the forum just does not need it. There's such a strong proliferation of new members of late. BMW must be doing something right.

JPB, I also had a slightly hot exchange with seles once, but we kiss and make up already :D

Nothing wrong with things heating up sometimes, because I think we're all passionate people, otherwise we won't be on this forum. Life is not meant to be dull for BM-ers (or Alfistas), but it's up to some of us to jump in and cool things when it get too hot.

seles, where are you man? Say something la.... :)

BTW, all true Alfistas are hot-blooded like Italian men, myself included. But now I find I'm more Teutonic, but the hot-blooded flare up occasionally also. That's the spice of life guys! :D

It's okay if you wanna be hot blooded like italian men or italian pizza or italian pasta....but 100% condemn other marques design and styling is unwelcome bro. In real only drive E30 316i but very strongly condemn about BMW styling....it's sick bro. I am not again any other marques...and not even die hard for BMW.

chill...:love:

Guys, please stay within the thread heading which reads: E90 BMW 325i vs Audi A4 2.0T Quattro.

Now Alfa's have been also drawn into this comparison thingy. To each his own...one mans meat is another's ...
Ive been through several Alfa's too in the past, Junior 1600, Gulia, Sud and Alfetta and they all had their ups and downs but no doubt enjoyable driving times.

chill.

hey men!

i am here...

honestly i am not a true hardcore alfista. i only said what i think is factual or true to what i believe. i am critical about bmw for its styling and the bland interior that i feel it should do better with higher end models. the new m3 should have a fresh interior with performance inclination to differentiate it from lesser ones. never did i bash bmw on its performance, handling traits or the safety department. as you would recall, i have high respects for bmw engine development that i wrote in my other threads().

in this thread, i have never touted alfa to be better. only some over-zealous bmw people assume so, especially the very insecure mont-o who acted so defensively. i stated my opinion on audi and bmw. go read and re-read anywhere if i ever mentioned alfa to be superior.

i also never had any animosity toward juan or e46f or others. i think the exchange is educational mature. unlike the last time. but i couldn't stop laughing on posts by other who's name calling and childish and couldn't construct better sentences other than resort to screaming. thumping and yelling.

i am also critical against alfa, especially the 159 which i think they didn't do it right - it's just too heavy.

Juan Powerblow;239169 said:
Selespeed and this forum goes back a long way. There was another encounter quite some time ago. This one is a lot friendlier. While I don't mind engaging on the BMW vs. Alfa vs. other marques debate since this is the real world and my family and I do consider other cars, I feel that no one should be provocative. Honestly, I can't help thinking that there are hidden agendas in play when someone tries to advocate other marques or condemn BMW in what is essentially a BMW forum. I've been meaning to patch things up with selespeed since his last foray where I was very involved. Hence, the restraint now. But I hope no one crosses the line and get all personal cos it's just such a bane and the forum just does not need it. There's such a strong proliferation of new members of late. BMW must be doing something right.

juan, we are opponents in bmw styling but never enemy.
mana ada agenda? i am also driving a bmw. i also drove an e39 52oi before and i instantly didn't like it. it really is bland. nevertheless, i have to admit that its handling and suspension is a lot better than alfa. when i wrote tgat comment in alfa forum and i kena tembak by the alfa hardcore...

but please while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, accept la comments about styling. i am sure i am not the only one to say bmw styling is too conservative and dull. the sound is also not emotive. but no one can deny bmw is bad in handling, right?

but hey, your e92 rear lines is nice and also the side profile. as for the sales number, the 3 and 5 series do better than mercedes. but the 6 and 7 series fail rather miserably against competitor of the same class.

you got a good brand la, juan

where is redd? redd, come to my defense!

selespeed;239188 said:
only some over-zealous bmw people assume so, especially the very insecure mont-o who acted so defensively. i stated my opinion on audi and bmw. go read and re-read anywhere if i ever mentioned alfa to be superior.

I think you are the one who feel very insecure and acted so defensively. god bless you bro.

selespeed;239192 said:
juan, we are opponents in bmw styling but never enemy.
mana ada agenda? i am also driving a bmw. i also drove an e39 52oi before and i instantly didn't like it. it really is bland. nevertheless, i have to admit that its handling and suspension is a lot better than alfa. when i wrote tgat comment in alfa forum and i kena tembak by the alfa hardcore...

but please while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, accept la comments about styling. i am sure i am not the only one to say bmw styling is too conservative and dull. the sound is also not emotive. but no one can deny bmw is bad in handling, right?

but hey, your e92 rear lines is nice and also the side profile. as for the sales number, the 3 and 5 series do better than mercedes. but the 6 and 7 series fail rather miserably against competitor of the same class.

you got a good brand la, juan

where is redd? redd, come to my defense!

Thanks selespeed! I wasn't targeting you per se. You're always welcomed to say what you feel as a car enthusiast. It's just that I recently heard from the great vine about a car salesman of another continental marque who obviously couldn't sell his cars cucuk-ing around in the forum.

I was having a drink with Albundy the other night and mentioned that the fight between the various marques is inevitable and set to escalate as all these marques create new cars to fight other marques' stronghold segments i.e. the 1-series now brandishing its teeth against the likes of Golf GTi and Alfa 147 etc. This is especially true for Audi and I can't remember any other time when there has been so many BMW vs. Audi comparos i.e. the E92 335i vs S5, the M3 vs. RS4 etc. However, BMW can't claim any compelling victory till it unleashes the new 8-series. Till then Merc drivers will still think their C180K has SLR bits and Audi will keeping gloating about their new RS8, refusing to accept that in straight fights over the other segments, Audi is yet to get their act together to truly match BMW blow for blow. Their new A4 to be unveiled next year will be interesting and judging by the massive improvements in the TT, BMW has cause for concern. Yet again, the What Car? latest review on the new C-Class already puts in behind the E90 which has been around for 4 years.

DevilFan;238682 said:
I am talking abt the fuel consumption. Audi is more cost savings.:rock:

I am not too sure which models you are talking about. But I have with me, the fuel consumption comparison figures between BMW 1 series and Audi A3, and from the official figures, it doesnt look like the Audi is more fuel efficient.

And I am only comparing the Valvetronic engines vs the FSi. The newer BMW HPi (High Pressure Injection) engines will be even more efficient (will be introduced in Msia once the fuel quality improves)!!

Cheers.

Back to the original topic, in the price segment locally here:

1) The E90 325i competes with the A4 2.0TFsi Quattro

2) The E90 320i competes with the A4 2.0TFSi

For (1), personally I'll pick the 325i over the A4 any time

For (2) I think I'll more biased towards the A4 cos (depreciation thoughts aside), cos:

a)200hp on the Audi vs 150 on the BMW
b) CBU German quality with a sunroof vs CKD​

c) Nice wheels and looks complete on the A4 while the 320i stands out as a base model 3 series due to the wheels!​

d) Much more torque on the A4​
How many hardcore BMW fans share my opinon on (2)?

Just read some intial reviews as well, most scribes agree the E90 still has an edge over the W204 especially when comparing top spec C350 vs 335i. However, I must concede that the W204 is indeed a credible effort by MB (finally) and is worth consideration when shopping, if you can get over or are ok with the funky looks...

I can't wait to test the W204 next month...doing a ride and drive.

Juan Powerblow;239257 said:
Thanks selespeed! I wasn't targeting you per se. You're always welcomed to say what you feel as a car enthusiast. It's just that I recently heard from the great vine about a car salesman of another continental marque who obviously couldn't sell his cars cucuk-ing around in the forum.

Wise words, JPB. Another thread has start on BMW vs Alfa. Maybe we should zip up on that issue, Seles. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom