e90 vs Audi b8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Audi eh?! I passed by the Jln Maarof showroom and by comparison to any of the BMW dealers, that Audi showroom looks horrible with those roof tiles as old as the bungalow.. even the Suzuki showroom along the same stretch looks a lot more presentable.. makes me wonder how serious are the Audi principle, what happen to "standards"?! quarter million Ringgit merchadise eh?!.. :rolleyes:

astroboy;388052 said:
Audi eh?! I passed by the Jln Maarof showroom and by comparison to any of the BMW dealers, that Audi showroom looks horrible with those roof tiles as old as the bungalow.. even the Suzuki showroom along the same stretch looks a lot more presentable.. makes me wonder how serious are the Audi principle, what happen to "standards"?! quarter million Ringgit merchadise eh?!.. :rolleyes:

go to the audi showroom in glenmarie, thats the only proper germany style showroom

alpina b5;388066 said:
go to the audi showroom in glenmarie, thats the only proper germany style showroom

How sad eh.. Why the Audi principle don't care how their dealer showroom looks like meh? I wonder what else they don't care.. after sales service? developing after sales service team nationwide? ensuring spare part availability? long term plan? or just sell you the car and make the windfall profit.. low overhead ma.. :p

astroboy;388086 said:
How sad eh.. Why the Audi principle don't care how their dealer showroom looks like meh? I wonder what else they don't care.. after sales service? developing after sales service team nationwide? ensuring spare part availability? long term plan? or just sell you the car and make the windfall profit.. low overhead ma.. :p

dats why they don sell as well as bmw or mah-si-lee beng

Aiyah. My view is that go with what your heart feels. I never thought of buying an Audi until the B8, which I obviously bought. I still have an e39 (which I still love) and another non-European car for the wife. My sister bought the BMW and we both test drove the e90 and B8. I ended with the B8 because of its drive and "boy racer" feeling when you switch to the dynamic mode and my sister bought the 320i e90 mainly because she could not wait a few months to get a new car. Besides the e90 was her dream car for some time. If you have a dream car and can truly afford it then go for it. It really honestly does not matter if its an e90, e93, e60, B8 or Perdana. As long as when you sit in it, you feel GOOD!

In my humble opinion, buck for buck when comparing the 320i and B8 (given that its exactly the same price, go for the Audi. Firstly, its made in Germany. Solid as a rock - build quality is amazing. The e90 here is CKD. Secondly, it has much more gizmos and has MUCH better drive performance.

Now, IF you got money and can go for at least a 325 MSport with the iDrive, then go for that.

I am now thinking of selling the other two cars to get another European car - bigger one than my B - really to replace the e39 I keep telling myself to sell. I have no idea what that would be. Timeframe, this August/September. But that CX9 from Mazda looks pretty damn nice to me!

azwanb;393079 said:
Aiyah. My view is that go with what your heart feels. ..

Right! Right!

When I bought the E90, I didn't even test drive the car.. :p I only listen to my heart.. :wink:

.. and no.. I don't have the heart to even test drive a B8.. :p

funfer_fahrer,

Howlah? What car lah. I think I mentioned to you that I won't buy the e60 for several reasons, will certainly not get the current E Class... I think both cars have aged a bit though the e60 is still the better bet between the two. The new 5 series will come out when ah?

In any case, what can be bought below 300k that you would approve you think? I cannot spend more than thatlah - mental problem of spending so much that will depreciate as soon as I sign the registration form!!! Oh... also bank account will just koyak - am sure the Missus will raise an eyebrow and say "what about that Bvlgari ring????". Mati aku.

c-square;385159 said:
Dear friends,

Over the weekend I test drove the Audi B8 and I was quite impressed. So, now the question is that if one is to decide on either the B8 or the new e90, which one will give a better bang for the buck?

p/s: I know that this posting at the BMW forum will attract biased opinion favouring the roundrel and it will also be the same if i were to post it on the Audi forum, albeit favouring the other marque. So, guys... though as difficult as it may be, try to be as objective and unbias as possible :top:

Bro, I am totally unbiased coz I dun have any brand loyalty at all. That's rite, I am a brand slut. Here is my 2-word response to your question :

Porsche Panamera

Rayman;385371 said:
if i were you, i wouldnt do that. quality wise, a3 is much better than VW. after 3 years, VW sound proof will gone, not totally gone la, but compare to a3, VW will a lil bit bising. this is based on the complained by VW owners. performance wise, a3 can ta-pau VW golf GTi any time.

What a convincing argument you've made there, I'm totally sold (not). :stupid:

I don't think an A3 can tapau the GTi. Also I think the VW build quality is pretty solid. I had the previous Golf GTi and it was err.. well rather solid and fast too.

azwanb;393209 said:
funfer_fahrer,

Howlah? What car lah. I think I mentioned to you that I won't buy the e60 for several reasons, will certainly not get the current E Class... I think both cars have aged a bit though the e60 is still the better bet between the two. The new 5 series will come out when ah?

In any case, what can be bought below 300k that you would approve you think? I cannot spend more than thatlah - mental problem of spending so much that will depreciate as soon as I sign the registration form!!! Oh... also bank account will just koyak - am sure the Missus will raise an eyebrow and say "what about that Bvlgari ring????". Mati aku.

I know why you like the CX-9. It is because of the Cayenne silhoutte, right? This is Mazda's first seven seater SUV, but to sit in the cabin or drive you wouldn't know it. As it has become the norm for Mazda of late, this is one thoroughly impressive vehicle. The "value for money" part is where CX-9 fluffs its line. Worst of all is the the fuel consumption, something hardly unexpected when a large 3.7 litre V6 petrol engine is combined with a heavy vehicle like this one. I would say the engine is less refined. Come selling time, say, after 3 or 4 years who (in a right frame of mind) would want to buy 3.7 litre Mazda?:stupid: I would rather buy a second hand 3.2 litre Cayenne.:top: Well, speaking of Cayenne there are actually heaps of good deals in the market. Before the credit crunch it was selling for RM380K (they think they can sell at RM380K). I think, in this current economic climate you can just get even luckier. Bro, go for the real thing. I took that Mazda (almost) path already. Let me tell you that it was not a pleasant experience come selling time. I advertised the car in The Star for 2 consecutive weeks and nobody called. Nobody. Once you get the Cayenne she'll totally forget the BVLGARI ring.

billybrad;394283 said:
The Audi A6 gives the best bang for your buck but with poor resale values I would consider an A3 if you don't mind the size

Why are you keep on reapeating this statement for 16 times? We all got the message, OK.

Top Bottom