e90 vs Audi b8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
LHT,

When the is the new A6 coming to our shores?

the e46 is better. Now we come to the latest models : Audi A4 B8 1.8T and BMW 325 e90.

Interior, i am a minimalist, but i the beemer takes it too far. A +1
Exterior, i think we all know the flame thing went real wrong. At least the e92 was a good comeback. The LED lights aren't a phase, but a mainstay for things to come. Most like it, A +2
Engine, power for capacity has always been beemer's forte. However, Audi cheats with a turbo. On top of that it's just too easy to have an ECU flash and up it another 30hp. Unfortunately for the e90, similar gains are much more expensive. A +3
Economy, turbo is usually bad for economy, but consider two facts : planes of old used turbos to get more power from the same capacity. And they made it economical with multi stage turbos, without having to rev-up to reach the desired performance. Same here, the audi's turbo kicks in at less than 1900 rpm, and cost less road tax. A +4
Passenger, for the passengers, the audi is more spacious. A +5
Driver, the 3 is a cockpit. B +1
Boot space, please see the nearest Audi showroom asap. It's huge. A +6
Aftermarket fun, nuff said. B +3 (added an extra point, cos the B has sooo many options)
Exclusivity A +7, but Recognition? ahhh.. in malaysia, B +4
Handling, if you have test driven one (without the salesman, i have :cool: ), you'll know that it's amazing for a FWD. I drive hard, and one thing that pops into my mind is, how many drivers really know how to push a RWD to the "i'm the king of the road" limit ? I find most FWD drivers, will max the turning capability, usually unintentionally, and take corners real fast. The best common-folk RWD drivers are the ones with cheaper models. Test the theory when you next take your beemer behind a Ferrari in a corner. 9/10 times, you'll be on the ferrari's ass. People fear the swing factor of the RWD. So i'll leave this point for the end.
Resale value, Audi loses here, mostly due to the principal's fault of lack of advertising. Most 2nd hand buyers have probably never heard of Audis before. Kereta apa tu? ahh, kereta olimpik. B +5
Cost of Ownership, since the B7 came out, audi's are cheaper to maintain and the turbos are non-invasive on your pocket. The electronics too are more reliable. A +8
Servicing & Repair, audi owners struggle to find a decent workshop, or they're stuck with the 3 (and only 3) official centres in Malaysia. All in peninsula. B +6
Pussy Magnet, ladies usually look at the audis (exclusivity and they've been to Europe usually are the reasons). Chicks prefer beemers. The rich guys drive beemers. The uncles drive mercedes. Audi owners are what ah ? This has yet to be defined. There are more chicks than ladies, so i'll leave this one to you.

So what's the score ?
Audi B8 +8
BMW e90 +6

If you like chicks, and you really push your RWD setup hard, then the e90 is on par with the new B8.
However, if you prefer ladies (completely generalising here) and like the forgiving nature of a FWD, the the Audi scores 10 points.

I like the M3 e46, especially the CSL, but for the first time in history, audi's new sedan platform has got the right stuff.[/quote]

hi dude,
a whole new A6 will be a while yet, i suspect only after 2010.
the facelift usually sticks around for 2 to 3 years.

the facelift was almost unnoticeable save for the light...they should bring in higher cc specs to compete with 525m sports and 530.

yes they should, but don't expect that from the distributor here. there's a grey importer in KL that has the new RS6 avant for sale. That kicks ass. A lot of ass.

The future A6 models could feature 2.5 or 3.0 turbo variants. These would be superb. It's supra all over again! but with better consumption of course..

Anyway, why the interest in the A6 ? we're hijacking the thread here.

LHT;453637 said:
yes they should, but don't expect that from the distributor here. there's a grey importer in KL that has the new RS6 avant for sale. That kicks ass. A lot of ass.

The future A6 models could feature 2.5 or 3.0 turbo variants. These would be superb. It's supra all over again! but with better consumption of course..

Anyway, why the interest in the A6 ? we're hijacking the thread here.

Seen one of those in their trademark RS blue around in Bangsar, how much is one?

officially, it should be around the RM 1.3 to RM 1.5 million mark.
i hear the greys have it as low as RM 1.25 million.

Heard the B8 2.0t Quattro is already here,well at least a lone white example la..reportedly for JPJ homologation work.Apparently the first 20 units are already sold out.

Wow.. booking without knowing the spec and price.A lot of fans out there.

supergripen;465794 said:
Heard the B8 2.0t Quattro is already here,well at least a lone white example la..reportedly for JPJ homologation work.Apparently the first 20 units are already sold out.

Wow.. booking without knowing the spec and price.A lot of fans out there.

Any idea on price? And if it's available with FWD?

My best guess wud be around rm310k la.. Quattro only I heard.Best thing about the car would be the 7speed S-Tronic DSG gearbox la.Even in standard trim the car is said to be capable of a 6.5s sprint to the tonne mark.
I'd love to sell off my e60 for this model..

supergripen;467520 said:
My best guess wud be around rm310k la.. Quattro only I heard.Best thing about the car would be the 7speed S-Tronic DSG gearbox la.Even in standard trim the car is said to be capable of a 6.5s sprint to the tonne mark.
I'd love to sell off my e60 for this model..

Wah.. imagine what it'll do once the boost is tweaked! :D

Safri,

Your Play by Play comparison of the B8 and '90 are to the point and whipped with logic and couched in humour. I have to agree with all you had to say. I took the B8 for a spin, did a hard 180 degree U-turn, switched to S mode, put the pedal to the metal and took the lady up to the hilt (well, not quite but enough to hear her roar) and I'd give my bottom buck it has exquisiteness beyond what the '90 offered. The 3 Series Coupe is a different story though. But 4 Door to 4 Door, I'd say the Audi is value for your hard earned cash.

Besides, it's CBU and that being Fully Built Overseas under stringent German QC, you can bet it's far more superior than '90 (Thailand assembled with % local parts ) and C-Class (Malaysian assembled with 30% local parts). And it's cheaper than the '90 or the C-Class.

I'm telling you guys,if the Audi comes with the DSG,it's gonna be awesome...just try the GTI and you'll know what I mean

I'm telling you guys,if the Audi comes with the DSG,it's gonna be awesome...just try the GTI and you'll know what I mean

Visited EM's Hangar in Glenmarie yesterday..saw the white 2.0T parked behind the showroom and I must say it looks fantastic.

The car will be priced between rm305-310k with 10 colours to choose from.No sunroof will be offered but cars will come with S-line trim as standard and 18" 5spoke alloys.Drivetrain is probably the best that is offered in the segment with the new AE888 211bhp TSi engine coupled with a 7speed S-Tronic twin-clutch gearbox with Quattro drive.

Leather/alcantara sports seats and that beautiful dashboard..fantastic.The only downside is that the Audi MMI is offered sans the navi function and the sound system is the normal run-of-the-mill type also found in the 1.8T which I think is a huge error on EM's part.For the price,I'd expect these items to be available with the car OR sell it at a lower price sans these items.Was actually expecting the car to come with navi and a premium sound system.These items would have clinched it for me..as it is,I'm not really 'feeling' it.

The 325i LCI's iDrive and premium sound system is still the best in the market segment..as i see it now,it's 50-50.

Just test drove the Audi 2.0T with S Tronic gearbox and Quattro. The acceleration is amazing with 350 Nm of torque coupled with very smooth gear changes and good control around bends with the quattro system. Compared to the 325i, it just seems the Audi has newer technology, better mileage, more power. Has anyone else tried the Audi and what do they think?

besteffort;480246 said:
Just test drove the Audi 2.0T with S Tronic gearbox and Quattro. The acceleration is amazing with 350 Nm of torque coupled with very smooth gear changes and good control around bends with the quattro system. Compared to the 325i, it just seems the Audi has newer technology, better mileage, more power. Has anyone else tried the Audi and what do they think?

Did you test the car in Malaysia? Is the A4 2.0T Quattro officially out? How much is the OTR price for the A4 2.0T with S tronic?

besteffort;480246 said:

Dude,you just tested a much superior car...not much to compare really.

Audi was notorious in value keeping, has it improved now? U will literally cry when selling it, like selling a Citroen, buyer would offer price so low that only an idiot would accept.. :eek:

Top Bottom