e90 vs Audi b8

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-square

Club Guest
Dear friends, Over the weekend I test drove the Audi B8 and I was quite impressed. So, now the question is that if one is to decide on either the B8 or the new e90, which one will give a better bang for the buck? p/s: I know that this posting at the BMW forum will attract biased opinion favouring the roundrel and it will also be the same if i were to post it on the Audi forum, albeit favouring the other marque. So, guys... though as difficult as it may be, try to be as objective and unbias as possible :top:

I sat in a b8 last year at Sunway Pyramid when Audi had a road show. I was quite impressed with its interior and the overall design of the car. By comparison, the e90's interior is too plain, so its +1 for the Audi on the interior.I also give Audi another +1 on the exterior design. Plus, the Audi is more rare and exclusive since there aren't very many b8's on the road yet,whereas the e90 is a very common sight. I haven't driven either cars, so I cannot tell you which one to choose based on the way they drive.You have to test drive the e90 and compare it to the driving of the b8,then make a decision from there. But I take the Audi based on looks and exclusivity alone.

I am trying not to be biased, but many would agree that bmw's simply drive better. I can attest to it because I also own an Audi('95 A6 2.6 V6).But I also admit that the Audi's driving dynamics aren't too far behind that of my bmw(e32 730i). If you can live with a bit of shortcoming in driving dynamics, then I say the Audi is choice.

I sat in a b8 last year at Sunway Pyramid when Audi had a road show. I was quite impressed with its interior and the overall design of the car. By comparison, the e90's interior is too plain, so its +1 for the Audi on the interior.I also give Audi another +1 on the exterior design. Plus, the Audi is more rare and exclusive since there aren't very many b8's on the road yet,whereas the e90 is a very common sight. I haven't driven either cars, so I cannot tell you which one to choose based on the way they drive.You have to test drive the e90 and compare it to the driving of the b8,then make a decision from there. But I take the Audi based on looks and exclusivity alone.

I am trying not to be biased, but many would agree that bmw's simply drive better. I can attest to it because I also own an Audi('95 A6 2.6 V6).But I also admit that the Audi's driving dynamics aren't too far behind that of my bmw(e32 730i). If you can live with a bit of shortcoming in that area, then I say the Audi is choice.

If you guys are really interested in the B8 put your bookings on hold first. The 2.0L turbo will hit our shores this coming March.

front wheel drive = sucks, rear wheel drive = unmatched driving dynamics ... :D

Superb fuel economy on B8! Especially when power is at par with 325i ... Anyone can share?

B33mEr;385223 said:
front wheel drive = sucks, rear wheel drive = unmatched driving dynamics ... :D

Go and test drive first the B8 first. The pricing for the 2.0L T would be aound RM268K base model.

those who is goin to test drive this beast, please do this, switch to S mode, pedal to the metal, and listen to the sound of 'brrrrp','brrrrppp' during the gear change. It is awesome, feels like in the F1 car.

The S model complete with full body kit is unimaginable. Wear an tear is a bit higher compare than UDM, resale value is not that good, based on the previous model

Rayman;385310 said:
those who is goin to test drive this beast, please do this, switch to S mode, pedal to the metal, and listen to the sound of 'brrrrp','brrrrppp' during the gear change. It is awesome, feels like in the F1 car.

The S model complete with full body kit is unimaginable. Wear an tear is a bit higher compare than UDM, resale value is not that good, based on the previous model

I am not sure about the new models, but my '95 Audi A6 gives me a lot less problems than my e32.I've owned the A6 for more than three years and only had to change the driver's side power window switch.Resale value on Audis aren't good, but I think they are getting better because from what I gather, more and more people think driving an Audi is cool and hence there will be more of these cars around in the future.That's my prediction.l

funfer_fahrer;385262 said:
Go and test drive first the B8 first. The pricing for the 2.0L T would be aound RM268K base model.

i'm sure it will be good but not as good as our UDM bro :D unless of course if you're talking about d quattro :love:version which is a different case lah :top:

alpina b5;385351 said:
if buy a3, buy volkswagen golf better
if i were you, i wouldnt do that. quality wise, a3 is much better than VW. after 3 years, VW sound proof will gone, not totally gone la, but compare to a3, VW will a lil bit bising. this is based on the complained by VW owners. performance wise, a3 can ta-pau VW golf GTi any time.

B33mEr;385365 said:
i'm sure it will be good but not as good as our UDM bro :D unless of course if you're talking about d quattro :love:version which is a different case lah :top:

Yes bro. With the quattro version the debate between front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive is over. Even without the quattro, the B8 is still a pleasure to drive. How often you drive like a mad man to discover its soul? Very seldom, right?

This is my unbias opinion (comparison of base models):
1. Exterior design: +1 to B8
2. Interior design : +1 to B8
3. Fit & Finish : +1 to B8
4. Interior space : +1 to B8
5. Desirability : Equal
6. Technology : +1 to B8 because of the availability of MMI on it's base model
7. Drivability : + 1/2 to E90
8. Power : +1 to B8
9. Resale value : +1 to E90
10. Cost of ownership : +1 to E90

Looks like we have a obvious winner here (if you disregard about the residual value later on).
Ultimately, like what Astroboy said, "follow your heart" la.

bmw4eva;385361 said:
I am not sure about the new models, but my '95 Audi A6 gives me a lot less problems than my e32.I've owned the A6 for more than three years and only had to change the driver's side power window switch.Resale value on Audis aren't good, but I think they are getting better because from what I gather, more and more people think driving an Audi is cool and hence there will be more of these cars around in the future.That's my prediction.l

Bro bmw4eva,

Since you've owned both an Audi and Bimmer, probably you would be able to provide me a better appreciation of the maintenance cost of both marques. Which will be relatively higher, both in terms of regular maintenance and parts. Also, I gather that there are more electornics in the Audi, so am kind of a little more cautious with the headaches that would potentially come with them (you know how's it like when electornics fails and it costs a bomb to fix it).

Based on the price, i can only compare the A4 with the entry model e90 320i and the a4 seems to pack more power compared to the 3-series.

A4 - 160bhp @ 5000rpm ; 250Nm @ 1500rpm
3 series - 115 bhp @ 6400rpm ; 200Nm @ 3600rpm

Top Bottom