Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
docrayboy;513391 said:
I think using strong language like "put down" and "overboard' is very disrespectful and however long you have been on this forum doesn't give you the right to be so insensitive,especially in the light of the pm you sent me before. Next time, whatever you have to say, say it to me face-toface.

Learn some forum etiquette, young man. If you slam, be prepared to be flamed. Oh, and obviously my well-intentioned PM flew over your head. It's bad form to post the same comment on several threads. That's called 'shouting'. :D

Each car/model has it's own beauty, strength & weakness, just like every human being. Respect them as they are designed & made. We all pick our car according to our budget, priority list & charactor of the car. Not everyone have the same preference & not necessary the 1st in the list must be the torque. Just enjoy your car lah.

BTW, I have a nearly 6yrs old E46 325. It may not be very powerful but enough from everyday use to some really hi speed cruise, confidently & with comfort. Anyhow, I am not a racer, don't think I can handle such power safely. Most of all, i enjoy the silky smooth acceleration & the in line 6 roar especially after 4krpm. That's my perference. It's a good car to me.:rock:

Having said, I may consider a diesel for the next car, :wink: but definitely not now, I still think it need more observation how our diesel will work on the car.

astroboy;513144 said:
Actually anxious budget is between a brand new 320d versus an used pre-LCI 325i comparing the similar price range that matches his budget.

Dun compare LCI 325 because its over his budget. So the pre-LCI 325 is a not a sport model, no iDrive, no sport kit.

I dun think its a fair comparison despite similar price range. Unfair to the old 325i .. :p :D

Yeah, we are here to discuss anxious's question between an almost new pre-reg 2009 320d vs a used pre-LCI 4 year old 325i....so let's keep to the point. Who votes for the 320d for anxious?

dun fight dun fight.... mine e92 335i is the best... 6 in-line cyclinder twin turbo summore..... who dare to say the best if I say mine is the best :p hehehehe....

Wow I don't read the forums for a few days and flame wars are sprouting left and right. Anyway I personally test drove all three back to back at AB this weekend, 320d followed by the 325i and the 320i. I've driven the 330i for extended periods before so I was using that as a benchmark.

The 320d is torquey and smooth but the 350Nm of torque doesn't feel punchy at all, I was kinda expecting more to be honest. The 325i is still a fast car and the 100Nm torque deficit doesn't really show up compared to the 320d. Too bad it's way beyond my price league. The 320i limped along by comparison :D

Since I couldn't find anyone selling a used/recon 330i within my price range, I ended up with the 320d. Only got 6% discount off a pre-reg, my negotiation skills are not up to par yet :D Happily waiting for the car to be delivered hopefully next week!

David Yong;513449 said:
How come mine dun have all these problems ???

.....the current technology makes it possible bro david. Thus far I hv experienced no heating problem, no abnormalities on lube loss, no lag, relatively good consumption (abt 12km/l for a 6 cyc/3000cc) for my "beast" and best ... can kiss the butt of a porsche at high speed:rock: ... :biggrin:

How's that for a turbo diesel astroboy ;)

dzuljazz2001;513521 said:
.....the current technology makes it possible bro david. Thus far I hv experienced no heating problem, no abnormalities on lube loss, no lag, relatively good consumption (abt 12km/l for a 6 cyc/3000cc) for my "beast" and best ... can kiss the butt of a porsche at high speed:rock: ... :biggrin:

How's that for a turbo diesel astroboy ;)

That's great mileage you are getting bro! 8.3l/100km for a 3L diesel vs my 7.1/100km for the 320d.:rock:

sorry guys, just wanna check, y is the exhaust tip done that way?

can we change the tip to something nicer?

My self, budget and power to be equal, i choose 320d....hope to get it next week too....

David Yong;513496 said:
dun fight dun fight.... mine e92 335i is the best... 6 in-line cyclinder twin turbo summore..... who dare to say the best if I say mine is the best :p hehehehe....

N54 biturbo is the best:burnout:

No such problems with it..those symptoms explained by AB are true with turbos of yore..not the new ones.

325i vs 320d..both very different animals in the way they deliver their punch.Both equally as fast,with the 325i having a slight edge.No need to fight over la.. both picked for what they are,one a high revving super smooth six and the other a torquey effortless diesel.I enjoyed driving both.

If it was my money,I'd get the 320d..but that's just me.I'm a turbo junkie..can't be helped;)

docrayboy;513526 said:
That's great mileage you are getting bro! 8.3l/100km for a 3L diesel vs my 7.1/100km for the 320d.:rock:

yes bro ... indeed good mileage Im getting. Basically an individual style of driving is also a major contributor on how much your car will consume ..... if one is a metal to metal type of driving, fc will be much more than driver "squeezing" the pedal before/after flooring it....if you get wht i mean ;)
Using the "auto-cruise" for long distance driving on highways (high-speed driving) will also consume lesser diesel compare to holding the pedal throughout...:burnout:

affan66;513636 said:
bro dzul,

your auto-cruise set at what speed ya? 200km/h? hehehe

:eek: not as good as you bro affan. so far never tried at 200km/h....the most I hv done is at 180km/h :top:coz by the time I "diesel it up" to 200km/h, I hv to hit the brakes oledi (due to traffic). However i think you kanot auto-cruise at high speed in Klang Valley many highways or even the NSE Plus highways, only at LPT. Nice long smooth winding road minus the traffic ;):top::top:

Ever since I drive a beemer, I hardly use auto cruise excpet I want to limit myself to certain speed to avoid ticket at certain area... :wink:

Vroom325;513641 said:
Ever since I drive a beemer, I hardly use auto cruise excpet I want to limit myself to certain speed to avoid ticket at certain area... :wink:

:smokin: only used auto cruise during long distance driving where traffic is minimal .... less stressful mentally and physically too .....can fold both legs on car seat during easy cruise ;)

Just curious, at 180km/h, what is the rpm meter you're getting on the 320d?

MSport;513644 said:
Just curious, at 180km/h, what is the rpm meter you're getting on the 320d?

:cool: not really sure bro coz when I did the test run on it, ran out of road b4 the final gear. Was not able to do a run on the highway coz traffic out of town was very heavy tht time. However for my current ride
(530d) @ 180km/h, my rpm is 2500 max.:burnout:

Top Bottom