Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
gameover;511276 said:
If you can get a pre-reg 320d for under 200k please let me know too :D I've checked around but can't seem to find any 320d under 235k...
Well agreed.... !! A 320d 2009 model pre-reg is about 230K, after discount. Anyone looking up let me put you thru a very good and realiable sales agent !!! :)

David Yong;513759 said:
my FC is running at 11.2l/100km :D

Hehe... mine is 14.5L/100km :D

By the way, for those who have not experience the LCI before, they are on true keyless entry. Their FOB can remain in their pocket when they hit the start button. Interesting.. Just notice last night :eek: Yet, their personal settings gets updated without having the FOB plug in.. amazing stuff! :top: Wi-Fi? Bluetooth? 2 way close proximity? :eek:

astroboy;513903 said:
By the way, for those who have not experience the LCI before, they are on true keyless entry. Their FOB can remain in their pocket when they hit the start button. Interesting.. Just notice last night :eek: Yet, their personal settings gets updated without having the FOB plug in.. amazing stuff! :top: Wi-Fi? Bluetooth? 2 way close proximity? :eek:

I think it's RFID.

When I went looking for an E90, I specifically asked for a diesel model (having had experience driving two diesels - Freelander TD4 and Skoda Octavia 2.0L). I would have been happy with a 320d if one was available (with iDrive) back in 2007. No diesels were available back then. So I ended up with the 325i Sports instead (chosen for the iDrive + all the M-kit).

Personally I am not picky about the sound of the engine whether its a diesel or a NA 4/6-pot. Have also driven the X6 3.0d and the E60 520d, and frankly the engine noise wasn't an issue. Sure, the 6-potter petrol sounds nice, and not as "diesel-ly" but at the end of the day, it's the ride, handling and acceleration that counts. Ride and handling should be more or less the same, acceleration.. well the 320d and the 325i seems quite close based on the 0-100km/h times (8.0s vs 7.7s). Top speed the 325i wins, but how often do you drive at that speed anyway? I find greater enjoyment in pulling away from traffic from standstill than in cruising at 200km/h.

I do like the diesel engine's lower FC and great torque (compared to a petrol engine of similar displacement), while I also like the petrol engine's sound. I do worry about the sulphur content of Malaysian diesel potentially having a negative effect on the diesels, although BMW Malaysia seems happy enough with it.

Having said all that, the current 320d does not really appeal to me. What would appeal to me would be the 325d Sport (with iDrive) that I saw in London's BMW Park Lane dealership, all clad in white. I am a gadget-junkie, so it's iDrive or bust!

Traveler;513950 said:
Having said all that, the current 320d does not really appeal to me. What would appeal to me would be the 325d Sport (with iDrive) that I saw in London's BMW Park Lane dealership, all clad in white. I am a gadget-junkie, so it's iDrive or bust!

Same here. I think the 325d Sports will be launched here in 4Q2010 and that should be interesting. :burnout:

Vroom325;513641 said:
Ever since I drive a beemer, I hardly use auto cruise excpet I want to limit myself to certain speed to avoid ticket at certain area... :wink:

i do this too...

Schwepps;513958 said:
Same here. I think the 325d Sports will be launched here in 4Q2010 and that should be interesting. :burnout:

Now THAT would be a GREAT car to have.:wink:

INteresting thought...once our diesels conform to Euro4,remapping will be a worthwhile consideration for those looking for a performance car with good fuel economy.We'll probably start to see diesels as the engine of choice for enthusiasts.

Now that I have my 335i,next target will be an X1 20d for the family's runabout.Hopefully it'll be affordable to me in a few year's time.:rock:

astroboy;513903 said:
Hehe... mine is 14.5L/100km :D

Yep BMW calls it comfort access...and its really one good feature to have especially for ladies as they dont have to look for the FOB from their handbag while standing near the car makes.. them vulnerable for any attacks..

beemer is for speed, not cruise ,rite.....haha. 325d Q4 2010....what's the spec?

astroboy;513903 said:

The Comfort Access works great if you are a single driver. If you have passengers or need access to the rear door to put things in the car, it will only unlock the driver side when you grab the door handle. Then you need to clamber in and press the central lock button which is in the middle of the cabin. Unless of course if you set your personal settings to "unlock all doors" instead (which sometimes can be not so safe if you happen to park in an unfamiliar area). So sometimes its more convenient to bleep the remote to open the other doors for others to access (which defeats the purpose of Comfort Access).

Actually BMW saloons are more cruisers than speedsters, cklien. Jap boy racers and other speedsters will beat most BMWs easily.

A couple of months ago I had a chat with a senior SA and he told me that the launches planned for this year were: Q2 - X1, Q3 - F10, Q4 - another 3-er diesel. I'm only speculating on the model, but the 325d is the next up. I reckon that if diesel catches on among Bimmerans here, then the 330d or 335d might be brought in next year.

The specs would be:
325d Sports - In-line 6, Turbo with Brake Energy Regeneration, 204hp, 0-100 in 7.0s
330d Sports - In-line 6, Turbo with Brake Energy Regeneration, 245hp, 0-100 in 6.1s
335d Sports - In-line 6, Two stage Twin Turbo with Brake Energy Regeneration, 286hp, 0-100 in 6.0s

That's when a lot of us may be licking our chops, checking our bank accounts, and hotly debating whether to wait for the 2012 F30 or just dive in. :confused: Of course, Supergrippen will for sure forget about getting an X1. :D

It also starts the car without having to take the fob out of your hidden pocket though. And ladies can tuck it in unreachable spots. :D

Schwepps;514015 said:
. :confused: Of course, Supergrippen will for sure forget about getting an X1. :D

Hehe..me olredi have the 335i..no need for 335d:wink:

Would be food for thought tho..:rolleyes:

Schwepps;514015 said:
The specs would be:
325d Sports - In-line 6, Turbo with Brake Energy Regeneration, 204hp, 0-100 in 7.0s
330d Sports - In-line 6, Turbo with Brake Energy Regeneration, 245hp, 0-100 in 6.1s
335d Sports - In-line 6, Two stage Twin Turbo with Brake Energy Regeneration, 286hp, 0-100 in 6.0s

That's when a lot of us may be licking our chops, checking our bank accounts, and hotly debating whether to wait for the 2012 F30 or just dive in. :confused: Of course, Supergrippen will for sure forget about getting an X1. :D

Those numbers look good! Like them! But I think I would rather wait for the F30, as I'm also thinking of grabbing one of the upcoming MINIs (Coupe or Countryman) so finances will already be stretched.

MSport;514020 said:
BMW is not about speed, but about curves......... go figure! :rock:

Yes curves... especially the curves of the one sitting on the passenger seat! :p

supergripen;514060 said:
Hehe..me olredi have the 335i..no need for 335d:wink:

Would be food for thought tho..:rolleyes:

Oh you want food for thought izzit? :D How about one 335i and one 335d in the driveway - which one you drive depends on your mood for the day? You become undisputed king of the E90 gang right away. Fuuuuuuuuhh!! No need for an M3... :thrasher:

Top Bottom