Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;513236 said:
Let's agree to disagree.. both are different animals. "There's no replacement for displacement" remain true when it comes to top speed.

Diesel vs Petrol
4-cyc vs 6-cyc
2.0 vs 2.5
Turbo vs NA

If there's a choice, take the Diesel, 6-cyc, 2.5, Turbo! Haha!

....indeed both are different ... nice comparison though :biggrin: but given the choice, the Diesel 6-cyc 3.0 Turbo would be a blast :burnout:

dzuljazz2001;513226 said:
well said Schwepps but then again, 4 potters or 6 (inline or V-config etc) is a matter of preference ;)

Of course it is. I'm just stating the reasons why I would still prefer a 325i over a 320d, when the 325i is being put down. Besides internals, it's easy to spot the differences without 'looking closely at the initials behind'. Eg, you can't convince me that a downward pointing exhaust pipe looks sporty. But that's a matter of preference... :D

Schwepps;513151 said:
Good for you that you love your 320d, but you don't have to put down other variants to make your point. :rolleyes:
+1 bordering on over enthusiasm for the 320d looking at previous posts... hehe. but happy for you man.

I tested both cars and for me both were excellent. I choose 320d coz it is more suitable for my driving. I like low end power but go max up to 190km/hr the most sometimes. so I find 320d more suitable forme. In europe over 60% are using diesel cars now. Looking forward i think in Msia also people will turn to diesel once they realise the advantages of diesel cars. the idrive is not imptant 4 me coz I can still get the info. sat nav ...I have the garmin. As for sound , only noticeble when u reach home to open yr gate. outside people cant hear when u stop at a traffic light in town, coz town is more noisy. From inside I can hardly notice...so wht d heck

Schwepps;513258 said:
Of course it is. I'm just stating the reasons why I would still prefer a 325i over a 320d, when the 325i is being put down. Besides internals, it's easy to spot the differences without 'looking closely at the initials behind'. Eg, you can't convince me that a downward pointing exhaust pipe looks sporty. But that's a matter of preference... :D

... fair explanation bro ...as for me, I hv not have the slightest need to convince anyone of wht ride (udms) is the best :biggrin:
You certainly hv your rights to your preference and kudos to you ....I myself hv the best of both worlds and being enjoying it (at different levels ;)) all the same ....I would not hv bought a 6 potter (3 series) if it's not good and not of my taste;):rock:..

astroboy;513144 said:
Actually anxious budget is between a brand new 320d versus an used pre-LCI 325i comparing the similar price range that matches his budget.

Dun compare LCI 325 because its over his budget. So the pre-LCI 325 is a not a sport model, no iDrive, no sport kit.

I dun think its a fair comparison despite similar price range. Unfair to the old 325i .. :p :D

Read between the lines lar, Anxious will buy when the price falls further.

2012 will be good for anxious, 325 LCI should drop to low 1XXk when the new 3 series is out. The chase never ends, just like the prices of the E46 now.

Buy now and start enjoying JOY, no point talking when the actual purchase could be years away.

I do look forward to future diesel 3-er variants dzuljazz, and I think one will be launched in 4Q. It should be good.

Schwepps;513267 said:
I do look forward to future diesel 3-er variants dzuljazz, and I think one will be launched in 4Q. It should be good.

yes it should I suppose ..... what more with the Euro4 expected to be in by 2011:top:

has he bought anything?? last time E39 la.. now E90 la... heheeh..... then new model come out la.. another round of discussion ..... just buy all la weiiiii

docrayboy;513053 said:
Yeah...300K is 50k more than the 320d...and we are talking about quite small C segment cars here...its the money of 3 Civics! Best put in another 50K and get the F10 when it comes...50K for an Idrive is too much! Then pay like crazy for the petrol that the 325i drinks like a fish drinks water. In petrol station pump,pump,pump every 4 days...so sad, so not-lean,not-green and mean-on-the-pocket! At least the F10 has got that much more prestige, that much 'wow factor' for the 300K over region of ringgit to pay. The 325i is still at the end of the day 3 series...only thing inside got IDrive....very hard to spot the difference from outside till look closely at the initials behind... get the 320d for the ooommmh torque,speed and diesel-economy! After warranty finish at 3 years/60,000km, either chip it or buy the F10 when warranty finishes! Chipping the 320d turns it into a monster I hear! Guess which car won the compact executive car-of-the-year award from Whatcar?http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2010/compact-executive-winner/246329

Yeah......."Your 320d is the BEST !" ......most value for money, most powerful, most reliable and most award winning model in this world...............:top::41::biggrin:

satisfied? hehe.......

p/s: sori.....i dun mean to laugh...but i really cannot tahan.....hahahahah.....sori

Schwepps;513151 said:
Good for you that you love your 320d, but you don't have to put down other variants to make your point. :rolleyes:

Given a choice between a 325i and 320d, I'd still go for the 325i. I still prefer the smooth refinement of the BMW inline 6, and the utility of the iDrive/Satnav which are indispensible to me now. Just the overall look of the 325i with 18" wheels, 40/35 aspect tyres, and twin exhausts makes it look sporty enough straight out of the showroom. The additional $$ is well worth it.

When bigger and better-appointed diesel 3s arrive, I'll certainly be interested as I think modern diesels are the future, but the current 320d doesn't make it for me. Sorry.

Schwepps,

u r wrong ! his "320d" is the best, u know? :D

soli again.......hehe...

Heyyy...don't be like that lar! :) He has a right to be happy and proud - the 320d is a very good car and very good buy. I'm glad that he's enjoying it so much that he's waxing lyrical about it. Just going a bit overboard banging the 325i, that's all maa. :wink:

Seriously, turbo has its limitation albeit the high efficiency.. but I have not tried the "d" before and I'm not a turbo fan for as long as I know me.. :D

1. Heat problem, need turbo timer la, cannot full throttle for too long la, engine oil deteriorate fast la and all the related crap!

2. Force induced compression is high and engine couldn't last.

3. Turbo lag.

4. High fuel consumption (petrol).

but again.. we are talking about diesel here.. so not sure how many of the above is true.. :D

Not so true anymore, even for petrol AB. The new turbos, just like the new diesels, are very different from what they used to be. Even newer energy technologies are coming in like KERS and such. Times have changed, and change is accelerating. :burnout:

Turbo has been around for centuries and we have seen all sorts of way to fight the heating problem with using ceramic snail la and what not.. but the basic physic equation should remain. High compression combustion to produce more horsepower will get lots of heat as byproduct. All the rubber seals are hardening and cracking up due countless heat-cold cycles and so forth. Engine oil leaks everywhere after sometime, etc.

I am happy with my 320i, power not so wild but enough to overtake average car on the road, can still go up to 180kph pretty fast when not may occupants.. :p I am happy... of course, if 320d was available back then, it would give the 320i a good fight over my money and I might most probably take the "d".. :wink:

By the way, "KERS" was more like "CURSE" to those that has experienced it.. :p :D

I think using strong language like "put down" and "overboard' is very disrespectful and however long you have been on this forum doesn't give you the right to be so insensitive,especially in the light of the pm you sent me before. Next time, whatever you have to say, say it to me face-toface.

Ya lar 320d is the BEST!! IN THE WORLD! hahahaha...lol :rolleyes: even superior than M3! :adore: kikikikikiki.. at the highway, confirm can smoke M3 wan! kekekeke... :D

Jay Bigbang;513425 said:
Ya lar 320d is the BEST!! IN THE WORLD! hahahaha...lol :rolleyes: even superior than M3! :adore: kikikikikiki.. at the highway, confirm can smoke M3 wan! kekekeke... :D

Hoi! then why u buy E90 LCI 325 Sport? :thefinger:

ooo.. also no 320d then izzit?! like me lar. :D :D

astroboy;513428 said:
Hoi! then why u buy E90 LCI 325 Sport? :thefinger:

ooo.. also no 320d then izzit?! like me lar. :D :D

Hahahaha..... no lar bro. Funny laa u. When the time i'm bought mines, teh 'mighty' 320d already out one. Once considered to bought the 320d... already test it, but i'm a speed freak. Cannot laa the 320d. Plus i dont like the 'funny' kinda look exhaust tip. You know, what i means rite? kekekeke.. :thefinger:

But seriously bro, teh 320d really POWERR weii! Can tapau M3 anytime u know. U dont know ah? :rolleyes: Lets go to Ingress tomorrow, ramai2 book 320d. :smokin:

astroboy;513369 said:
Seriously, turbo has its limitation albeit the high efficiency.. but I have not tried the "d" before and I'm not a turbo fan for as long as I know me.. :D

1. Heat problem, need turbo timer la, cannot full throttle for too long la, engine oil deteriorate fast la and all the related crap!

2. Force induced compression is high and engine couldn't last.

3. Turbo lag.

4. High fuel consumption (petrol).

but again.. we are talking about diesel here.. so not sure how many of the above is true.. :D

How come mine dun have all these problems ???

Top Bottom