Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;512758 said:
What they specify for the 'Sports' model of each model variant may not necessarily be the same. BTW, they're called 'Sports' and not 'M-Sports'. It would be interesting to know what is added for each variant. For the 325i, it's:

- iDrive
- Sat Nav
- M-Steering Wheel
- M-Sports Seats
- M-Suspension
- M-Aerodynamics kit
- M-Sports wheels (193M)

For 320d, everything above the same except dont have idrive, sat nav and wheel is abit smaller at 17in

supersonic;512769 said:
For 320d, everything above the same except dont have idrive, sat nav and wheel is abit smaller at 17in

and also no paddle shifters...

meaning you'll have to ask the SA to give a discount. Rule of thumb nothing less than 8% MIN.

racheltoh;513034 said:
325i - rm308,888 retail.

I'll go for the 320d.... No doubt 325i is fantastic with the idrive, but thinking about the budget. 320d is worth the money !

Yeah...300K is 50k more than the 320d...and we are talking about quite small C segment cars here...its the money of 3 Civics! Best put in another 50K and get the F10 when it comes...50K for an Idrive is too much! Then pay like crazy for the petrol that the 325i drinks like a fish drinks water. In petrol station pump,pump,pump every 4 days...so sad, so not-lean,not-green and mean-on-the-pocket! At least the F10 has got that much more prestige, that much 'wow factor' for the 300K over region of ringgit to pay. The 325i is still at the end of the day 3 series...only thing inside got IDrive....very hard to spot the difference from outside till look closely at the initials behind... get the 320d for the ooommmh torque,speed and diesel-economy! After warranty finish at 3 years/60,000km, either chip it or buy the F10 when warranty finishes! Chipping the 320d turns it into a monster I hear! Guess which car won the compact executive car-of-the-year award from Whatcar?http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2010/compact-executive-winner/246329

But 320d is still a 4 potter! Pity laa.haha... :rolleyes: BMW is famous because of its fantastic 6 potter engine. :smokin:

Jay Bigbang;513054 said:
But 320d is still a 4 potter! Pity laa.haha... :rolleyes: BMW is famous because of its fantastic 6 potter engine. :smokin:

:smokin: a very powerful 4 potter bro ... even the 6 potter finds it hard to shake it off ......:burnout:

dzuljazz2001;513071 said:
:smokin: a very powerful 4 potter bro ... even the 6 potter finds it hard to shake it off ......:burnout:

Yeah, for the starting can la, and after that....... sure 325i M-Sports can 'tapau' the 320d oledi.haha... :D Anyway, dunt compare with your powdafull 5d3 laa bro! Even Porshe nowdays 'ketaq' when play with your beast! :smokin:

ps~ bro, bila mau main Ampang lg? :101:

Jay Bigbang;513076 said:
Yeah, for the starting can la, and after that....... sure 325i M-Sports can 'tapau' the 320d oledi.haha... :D Anyway, dunt compare with your powdafull 5d3 laa bro! Even Porshe nowdays 'ketaq' when play with your beast! :smokin:

ps~ bro, bila mau main Ampang lg? :101:

:cool: if this Friday is on .... I will try and robek my way there :rock::burnout:

Jay Bigbang;513054 said:

Awards are not given out just based on number of potters:rolleyes: You mean, you prefer a girl with 3 nipples?
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2010/compact-executive-winner/246329

When did the 325i recently win an award?...it's so yesterday. sad to say...just like the GTI, now overshadowed by its little brother the Polo with their magnificent 1.4L TSI engines, almost equaling the GTI hp and torque...won the car-of-the year award!
http://www.caroftheyear.org/

The only reason why this forum is discussing the 320d vs the much-more expensive 325i is because the 320d rocks!!!

i'd go with the D..... love the torque..... hmmmm contemplating contemplating

Actually anxious budget is between a brand new 320d versus an used pre-LCI 325i comparing the similar price range that matches his budget.

Dun compare LCI 325 because its over his budget. So the pre-LCI 325 is a not a sport model, no iDrive, no sport kit.

I dun think its a fair comparison despite similar price range. Unfair to the old 325i .. :p :D

docrayboy;513115 said:
When did the 325i recently win an award?...it's so yesterday. sad to say...

Good for you that you love your 320d, but you don't have to put down other variants to make your point. :rolleyes:

Given a choice between a 325i and 320d, I'd still go for the 325i. I still prefer the smooth refinement of the BMW inline 6, and the utility of the iDrive/Satnav which are indispensible to me now. Just the overall look of the 325i with 18" wheels, 40/35 aspect tyres, and twin exhausts makes it look sporty enough straight out of the showroom. The additional $$ is well worth it.

When bigger and better-appointed diesel 3s arrive, I'll certainly be interested as I think modern diesels are the future, but the current 320d doesn't make it for me. Sorry.

never driven a 325, but tested the turbo diesel on the X1, really wow
but the noise outside....

docrayboy;513115 said:
Awards are not given out just based on number of potters:rolleyes: You mean, you prefer a girl with 3 nipples?
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what-car-car-of-the-year-awards-2010/compact-executive-winner/246329

When did the 325i recently win an award?...it's so yesterday. sad to say...just like the GTI, now overshadowed by its little brother the Polo with their magnificent 1.4L TSI engines, almost equaling the GTI hp and torque...won the car-of-the year award!
http://www.caroftheyear.org/

The only reason why this forum is discussing the 320d vs the much-more expensive 325i is because the 320d rocks!!!

:smokin: aaaa Jay, ambik kau .....hihihii....cabutzzz:vroam:

Schwepps;513151 said:
Good for you that you love your 320d, but you don't have to put down other variants to make your point. :rolleyes:

Given a choice between a 325i and 320d, I'd still go for the 325i. I still prefer the smooth refinement of the BMW inline 6, and the utility of the iDrive/Satnav which are indispensible to me now. Just the overall look of the 325i with 18" wheels, 40/35 aspect tyres, and twin exhausts makes it look sporty enough straight out of the showroom. The additional $$ is well worth it.

When bigger and better-appointed diesel 3s arrive, I'll certainly be interested as I think modern diesels are the future, but the current 320d doesn't make it for me. Sorry.

well said Schwepps but then again, 4 potters or 6 (inline or V-config etc) is a matter of preference ;).
When Im in a daddy's mode, my wifey 325i wud be my driving machine (city-limits n evening drive) and when in the mood to be a bit gung-ho, my Black Beast Diesel wud be my choice. Only when I take the Rompin route to go South will the 325i be considered :rock:....

Let's agree to disagree.. both are different animals. "There's no replacement for displacement" remain true when it comes to top speed.

Diesel vs Petrol
4-cyc vs 6-cyc
2.0 vs 2.5
Turbo vs NA

If there's a choice, take the Diesel, 6-cyc, 2.5, Turbo! Haha!

Top Bottom