Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
affan66;514296 said:
13 pages and the conclusion? still no purchase.... :p

Thanks to all ur comments, input ,advise and time , I guess I have pretty much decided on a E90 325i. The prices should approach RM150k next year. I plan to save up at least half for the downpayment and set aside anor RM10k for repairs/maintenance.

I may need to change the run flat tyres, brake disks and pads etc.

I also hope that the input here serves as a guide to the many visitors to this forum who seek guidance on similar delimmas that they may face.

anxious;514486 said:
I also hope that the input here serves as a guide to the many visitors to this forum who seek guidance on similar delimmas that they may face.

Yes I for one also on constant look out for a good buy (limited pocket mah)

But sometimes I just wish BMW would start to look into Petrol turbocharging instead of just focusing on Diesel (mostly viable for European markets) as in Bolehland its still uncertain if the govt eventually sticks to their plan on diesel upgrade.

I know BMW prides themselves and are contented over their straight 6s, but I reckon they shall face losing some market share to VWaudi's TFSIs and Merc's CGIs if they don't move on with the times.

I think we'll see smaller petrol engines with turbo-charging in the F30, beamer28. Is that really what we want though? :) And BMW does turbocharge the upper range of E90s - the 330i (turbo) and 335i (twin turbo)

BMW is in the top rung of diesel technology, and with more than 1/2 the new auto purchases in Europe now diesel, it only makes sense for them to focus even more on diesels. VW and Merc are behind BMW in modern diesel technology.

All,

After a few test drives of 320d, cant help it anymore and decided to to go for it haha.. Placed a booking and now counting the days to own my 1st UDM and 1st diesel car!! Anyway, in the future, how bad can resale value be on a diesel-powered car?( as compare to petrol ) :confused:.

rgds

Shouldn't be any worse than a petrol car buddy. Hard to say about BMWs as there's not much of a market yet, but Merc diesels have always had a better resale value than their petrols. :wink: Diesel engines are more robust than petrol engines, and are operating at lower revs, so everything lasts longer.

Hey Schwepps,

1) where have u read about the downsizing for F30? Interested to know .... guess its the way to go (downsizing)

2) Diesels 2nd hand sell better than Petrol ? Thought its the other way around ... :)

apujegah;514967 said:
All,

After a few test drives of 320d, cant help it anymore and decided to to go for it haha.. Placed a booking and now counting the days to own my 1st UDM and 1st diesel car!! Anyway, in the future, how bad can resale value be on a diesel-powered car?( as compare to petrol ) :confused:.

rgds
hehe, cool..i bought my 320 d a week ago !! pick and torque is good and it goes to 210kmph easily .... as well. tested on my way to KLIA airport. long distance travel with cruise, i see the saving in mileage.

Still a challange in city driving....only getting about 550km. :(

Congrats Kuganath!!!...Glad you joined the 320d club! You made a wise decision for a "newbie", as they call us.lol! Maybe the "old cows" are jealous...!!

docrayboy;515130 said:
Congrats Kuganath!!!...Glad you joined the 320d club! You made a wise decision for a "newbie", as they call us.lol! Maybe the "old cows" are jealous...!!

Pls elaborate on your statement of "old cows" :rolleyes:

David Yong;515149 said:
Pls elaborate on your statement of "old cows" :rolleyes:

Experienced wise old man (picture that old white bearded Lau Fu Tze) who always thinks he knows best and does nothing but polices the forum like a psycho zombie Nazi soldier. He knows I described him perfectly!!!

Schwepps;514975 said:
Shouldn't be any worse than a petrol car buddy. Hard to say about BMWs as there's not much of a market yet, but Merc diesels have always had a better resale value than their petrols. :wink: Diesel engines are more robust than petrol engines, and are operating at lower revs, so everything lasts longer.

From what I observed from used car market,Diesel powered Merc normally has lower resale value compared to petrol version. eg. 2003 Merc W211 E270 Cdi only fetch between 130-150K eventhough the car normally came with handful of gadgets and the highest specs, where the E200k petrol version still fetch between 170-190K for the same year.

FIRZ67;515161 said:
From what I observed from used car market,Diesel powered Merc normally has lower resale value compared to petrol version. eg. 2003 Merc W211 E270 Cdi only fetch between 130-150K eventhough the car normally came with handful of gadgets and the highest specs, where the E200k petrol version still fetch between 170-190K for the same year.

Don't buy a car if you can't afford to lose a few K bro...Buy a diesel because you want to be mean,lean and green!

sharp;513577 said:
sorry guys, just wanna check, y is the exhaust tip done that way?

can we change the tip to something nicer?

Whats wrong with the exhaust pointing downwards..? It gives you more chance to apply some polish on its top surface and let it shine!

docrayboy;515223 said:
Whats wrong with the exhaust pointing downwards..? It gives you more chance to apply some polish on its top surface and let it shine!

They don't want people to admire the car and inhale the fumes.

Ya, docrayboy are rite, diesel with dynamic efficient is green! Let go green, save the world!

Top Bottom