Car Window Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anyone know about v/kool or rike cool dealer around cheras or shah alam with excellent workmanship?tq

puspakom tore off my rike cool tint during their inspection as well.. so went to install a new V-Kool Elite tint today.. cost me RM600 just for front windscreen (ok ka?).. i'm a smartag user so i ask that guy if compatible with smartag he say so far no complaint.. after i left the shop.. the first toll i pass the smartag gantry did not detect (i left the smartag on the dash).. however on the next exit i tried to hold the smartag & place it close to the screen & voila the gantry opened.. hhmmm

ezzyguy;361905 said:
puspakom tore off my rike cool tint during their inspection as well.. so went to install a new V-Kool Elite tint today.. cost me RM600 just for front windscreen (ok ka?).. i'm a smartag user so i ask that guy if compatible with smartag he say so far no complaint.. after i left the shop.. the first toll i pass the smartag gantry did not detect (i left the smartag on the dash).. however on the next exit i tried to hold the smartag & place it close to the screen & voila the gantry opened.. hhmmm

i have no problems with my smart tag. just use the holder properly with ur smart tag inside at the proper angle to the gantry receptors.

i dont use the holder.. afraid people break into the car to steal the smartag.. i guess now i have to hold up the smartag everytime i pass toll which is no prob for me :)

hi guys,
tumpang your thread, cause i do not wanna open too many thread.
i have a rather stupid question to ask. ok here goes, u know arr.. when the guy put the tinting on your window,
they first have to wash your car window, and simply spray the soap water all over your window.

then the soapy water slowly starts slipping from the window into the door inside.
will this cause any harm to the electronics inside the door ?

I had Vkool Elite installed on both my new cars and I immediately discoverd that I have a problem with my GPS and Smarttag. My GPS keeps losing sattelite signal and on some tols wont read the smart tag. The only for the smarttag to be read and the GPS to lock onto sattelite, is to put it outside the car. Same smart tag and GPS in another car equiped with anotehr brand - NO PROBLEMS.

It is becoming an annoyance and I brining it back to V-Kool.

How much is Lumar nowadays?

Plan tO changed mine after the car side windOw gOt smashed easily (while i'm inside) :stupid:

Any recommended place tO install?

Thank yOu!

PiCaDiLLy;402905 said:
How much is Lumar nowadays?

Plan tO changed mine after the car side windOw gOt smashed easily (while i'm inside) :stupid:

Any recommended place tO install?

Thank yOu!

bro! go for rike cool lah...you will not regreat.

saat;402411 said:
I had Vkool Elite installed on both my new cars and I immediately discoverd that I have a problem with my GPS and Smarttag. My GPS keeps losing sattelite signal and on some tols wont read the smart tag. The only for the smarttag to be read and the GPS to lock onto sattelite, is to put it outside the car. Same smart tag and GPS in another car equiped with anotehr brand - NO PROBLEMS.

It is becoming an annoyance and I brining it back to V-Kool.

Last time when I wanted to buy a GPS unit at Garmin, they say the same thing. Had to settle for RM 2k++ unit said to have stronger antenna to boost reception. No problem using it with Vkool.

jnswong;371039 said:
hi guys,
tumpang your thread, cause i do not wanna open too many thread.
i have a rather stupid question to ask. ok here goes, u know arr.. when the guy put the tinting on your window,
they first have to wash your car window, and simply spray the soap water all over your window.

then the soapy water slowly starts slipping from the window into the door inside.
will this cause any harm to the electronics inside the door ?

Should be no problem. Installed mine. Till now nothing happens. :top:

"I had Vkool Elite installed on both my new cars and I immediately discoverd that I have a problem with my GPS and Smarttag. My GPS keeps losing sattelite signal and on some tols wont read the smart tag. The only for the smarttag to be read and the GPS to lock onto sattelite, is to put it outside the car. Same smart tag and GPS in another car equiped with anotehr brand - NO PROBLEMS.

It is becoming an annoyance and I brining it back to V-Kool."

I had the same problem with my 3M tint...solution was to remove the front windscreen top layer (say 20%) and then you apply the normal black tint...Volla!!! no problem after that with smart tag and gps...try them

genozide;403179 said:
"I had Vkool Elite installed on both my new cars and I immediately discoverd that I have a problem with my GPS and Smarttag. My GPS keeps losing sattelite signal and on some tols wont read the smart tag. The only for the smarttag to be read and the GPS to lock onto sattelite, is to put it outside the car. Same smart tag and GPS in another car equiped with anotehr brand - NO PROBLEMS.

It is becoming an annoyance and I brining it back to V-Kool."

I had the same problem with my 3M tint...solution was to remove the front windscreen top layer (say 20%) and then you apply the normal black tint...Volla!!! no problem after that with smart tag and gps...try them

Had same problem after tinting the windscreen. Smart tag could not read at klang and sg buloh toll. I had it removed. No problems after it. :eek:

Nice post, I am learning a bit about car tints. This my first time to have my own car so I am learning how to take care of my car, and I too want to put tint on the windows. Thanks, Hency Edven, Car lease

So far many have raised issues with V kool regarding smart tag detection at toll booths. Any issues with rikecool? looking to tint my car soon. Still undecided but I think i would choose between rikecool and v kool only. V kool is definitely more popular but would be annoying to hve to hold up traffic at toll booths, even at the odd toll booth. what would be the price to tint a E90 3 series? Cheers

Daytona;414510 said:
So far many have raised issues with V kool regarding smart tag detection at toll booths. Any issues with rikecool? looking to tint my car soon. Still undecided but I think i would choose between rikecool and v kool only. V kool is definitely more popular but would be annoying to hve to hold up traffic at toll booths, even at the odd toll booth. what would be the price to tint a E90 3 series? Cheers

Mine installed with Rikecool. Didnt have any problem with Smart Tag and Satellite Signal.

Daytona;414510 said:

I think the smarttag and satnav detection problem with V-Kool is by batches. Both my cars were done less than 1 month apart at the same shop and both have the problem. I got a new GPS thinking it was a GPS issue. The shop was ready and willing to point the finger to the satnav or the smarttag or the smarttag detector. I also do not want to go thru the hassle of a trail and error experiment replacing the film.

When ever I want to use the GPS, I stick it outside the window until I get a good signal. A little inconvenient when it rains.

I am careful when going thru smarttag lanes.

they are using some metal dust material in v-kool tinting film..
therefore the heat resistance are better than other brand..
but using it long term the film will start to rust..
try to observe cars with v-kool installed for 3 to 4 years u will see that they are starting to rust..
anyway try raytech..
to me they are the best..
anyway i've installed mine and i can have more discount if anyone wants it..
this is my number 0163375548..
call me and i'll give u the number where i've tint my car..
cheers!!!

i agree with benjichris88... all my cars use raytech tinted film(except for my xtrail which came with Vkool and Llumar security)... personally i find that raytech is better than vkool or rikecool(used both brands before too as change cars often)..
not to mention the price is way cheaper. hahahaha....

i agree with benjichris88... all my cars use raytech tinted film(except for my xtrail which came with Vkool and Llumar security)... personally i find that raytech is better than vkool or rikecool(used both brands before too as change cars often)..
not to mention the price is way cheaper. hahahaha....

Top Bottom