Car Window Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pion;306124 said:
Thanks mate... I was darn worried if the installers need to remove the door panels...

By the way i'm located in ipoh. Nevertheless..do let me know of your recommended place. :D

The shop is near PJ Hilton

Please call the HQ for whatever tint film u wish to install.. be it 3M or VKool.. ask them for the nearest installer or dealer. That way, at least your warranty is intact.

Don't let people like me bring u to Holland.. :D

astroboy;306167 said:
Please call the HQ for whatever tint film u wish to install.. be it 3M or VKool.. ask them for the nearest installer or dealer. That way, at least your warranty is intact.

Don't let people like me bring u to Holland.. :D

Thats the Vkool branch.

Yes E46enthu... the one opposite of PJ Hilton... deep inside at the back row shop is Tint Shop, authorised dealer for VKool.. I used to Tint my cars there and used to get prices that no one else can get. I couldn't get those prices anymore because the sales girl I knew has resign.. :( so no point mentioning it anymore..

... but our friend is from Ipoh, so better for him to check with VKool HQ for their Ipoh dealer... I am pretty sure they have it in Ipoh.. they are both Tan Chong and Honda's panel OEM tint provider...

And infact, Tint Shop can be a dealer today but not necessary tomorrow.. so we never know when they are going to lose their dealership... VKool HQ will know better than u and me.. no offense..

Oh BTW, the new Altis, despite having 5 variants, all comes with factory fitted tint film.. the saleman says is Toyota house brand.. :stupid:

astroboy;306241 said:
Yes E46enthu... the one opposite of PJ Hilton... deep inside at the back row shop is Tint Shop, authorised dealer for VKool.. I used to Tint my cars there and used to get prices that no one else can get. I couldn't get those prices anymore because the sales girl I knew has resign.. :( so no point mentioning it anymore..

... but our friend is from Ipoh, so better for him to check with VKool HQ for their Ipoh dealer... I am pretty sure they have it in Ipoh.. they are both Tan Chong and Honda's panel OEM tint provider...

And infact, Tint Shop can be a dealer today but not necessary tomorrow.. so we never know when they are going to lose their dealership... VKool HQ will know better than u and me.. no offense..

Oh BTW, the new Altis, despite having 5 variants, all comes with factory fitted tint film.. the saleman says is Toyota house brand.. :stupid:

The one opposite PJ hilton is actually vkool branch not authorised dealer.

yeah he is from ipoh so better call vkool direct.

Thanks for the replies. :D

Just got back from a tint shop, which so happens is also the ipoh v-kool dealer/installer (confirmed it with a call to v-kool HQ). :)
Now... that shop deals with v-kool & Rikecool. Specs about the same.
The v-kool has a very slight greenish hue whereas the Rikecool is greyish.
The Rikecool is 2mm thick whereas the V-kool is 1.5mm. Hmm..
Colour wise i'm more inclined towards the Rikecool as my car is Monaco blue.
Hmm..

Ohh... don't know they have a branch office there..:rolleyes:

Thinner film is clearer.. just like seeing through a pail of water, more water, more difficult to see.. your choice!

Just also found out that the bmw dealer here also send their cars to the Ipoh Tint-Shop for tinting. Anyone can comment on the workmanship at the Ipoh Tint-Shop.

A man named Sam told me that they have to "pry" open the top part of the door panel to remove the rubber seal so as to better fit the tint on the glass... Darn..sure heart ache to see the installation... Will there be "creaks" & other noises after that?

Actually i'm more inclined for higher clarity & heat rejection.

I recall reading somewhere on the internet that 2mm is the minimum thickness for tint film for safety reasons...
Hmm..

guys anyone tried the new Llumar air blue tint? its ceramic tint non metallic so doesnt affect ur mobile phone or radio...
thanks

rikecool actually offer something to the club official member,i already inform our v.p & let him talk to the sales manager.Just wait for their reply,hope this will benefit all the club member.

chili e30;327956 said:
rikecool actually offer something to the club official member,i already inform our v.p & let him talk to the sales manager.Just wait for their reply,hope this will benefit all the club member.

....aisay... i've already install rikecool on my car windows...:eek:

rike cool is one of my pannel so the boss know i am in the club so they intrsted to offer something to the club!

pion;327984 said:
....aisay... i've already install rikecool on my car windows...:eek:

i don't know their offer will works or not? coz mr vp need to discuss with them,any how bro u have any problem with your tinted let me know i'll help u out.

chili e30;327992 said:
i don't know their offer will works or not? coz mr vp need to discuss with them,any how bro u have any problem with your tinted let me know i'll help u out.

thanks bro. so far so good.. installed a few weeks ago.. :rolleyes:

jarance;267600 said:
Maybe now they are given the power to do so now that everybody who want to buy/sell car have to go thru them..

I have been stopped by traffic cops for dark tinting. Got fined because the seargent was supervising the scene.

Puspakom denied a friends car and tore a tint haphazardly as warning to get it all out as soon.

Later got the car pass the test with mercedes advantgarde type tint on. Not as dark as before but my friend prefer some tint on his bm

I'm looking for some advice on tinting for my friend's soon-to-arrive new MINI.

I've used V-Kool on both my ex-E36 (11 years of V-Kool, no problems at all), and my current ride (1.5 years, no problems so far) so I am quite happy with it. My friend has never experienced V-Kool, but has used Rike-Cool on the family Vios. Anyways, based on what I've read, and for safety issues, I am recommending for her new MINI:

1. Front/Back Windscreen - V-Kool Elite/70 (is it the same?)
2. Side windows - LLumar security film - for safety reasons

For the windscreen it will be the same as I have in my car now, and in my entire experience with V-Kool (12 years), I have never been stopped by anyone for non-compliance with VLT regulations since the tint wasn't too dark.

As my current ride's tinting was handled by my sales-agent at Sapura and came with a warranty letter, I am thinking of getting the sales-agent to handle my friend's car too. Since I'm asking for 2 types of tint, do you think this is the best way to go?

i know where u can get all 3Ms all around, sides security and front and rear are 3M crystalline for a reasonably good price.

VKool is also very good but can they accomodate the Llumar?

vkool elite costs 2600rm now after price increase in july08. for e90 320i. for all round windows and windscreens.
done at vkool HQ in pj, which guarantees u that its original.

bimmerdude;354512 said:
vkool elite costs 2600rm now after price increase in july08. for e90 320i. for all round windows and windscreens.
done at vkool HQ in pj, which guarantees u that its original.

I can get RM2200 done at the same place.

Top Bottom