Car Window Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
y wan to use vkool? veli kool ar?

veli kool not clear one la. look klos klos lok liek oren skin.

I installed 3M tint from an authorised installer. Got it cheap then cause my fren is 3M salesman (he resigned and now open a restaurant).

I was told the V-Kool have several grades. The ones applied by the car dealers are the cheaper ones but they slaughter you for it. If you go outside, there is also chance that imitation films being applied.

For me the reason for installing the film is to reduce heat (& UV) and added security in case of glass breakage. Not so much of the tinting.

Daniel;300258 said:

I use VKool is because I see many branded cars use it as OEM.. and their IR rejection rate is one of the highest.. its not cheap and dare not try other tint.. Kiasi if u may..

The "orange skin" or ripples on the film is due to improper handling or installation.. over stretched when negotiating the curvy windows...

Daniel, since vkool is no good, what's good then? Please recommend.. brand, type, place to get and price.

I don't need the anti break glass safety tint because one day, I might decided to take a plunge into Klang river after a few drinks and I hope someone can break my window to rescue me.. :D

Thanks for your input.

maxkpp;300371 said:
I installed 3M tint from an authorised installer. Got it cheap then cause my fren is 3M salesman (he resigned and now open a restaurant).

I was told the V-Kool have several grades. The ones applied by the car dealers are the cheaper ones but they slaughter you for it. If you go outside, there is also chance that imitation films being applied.

For me the reason for installing the film is to reduce heat (& UV) and added security in case of glass breakage. Not so much of the tinting.

I have put on both Vkool and 3M for my cars b4 but found that Vkool is still better.

Agree with you that if go to a shop without knowing anyone then sure get slaughter, thats why i asked if anyone interested in group tint :top:

Daniel;300258 said:

Hope this is not a hit and run case.

Constructive input is most welcome.

Hear r d 3 bigg hitters in Malaysia.

1) V-Kool
http://www.v-kool.com/index.html

2) Llumar
http://www.llumar.com/

3) 3M
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/WF/3MWindowFilms/

Pees go and cek four yashelf dee produck specs.

Butt wood u all agree wit me tat they all are veli similar in proformance even if their lok or shade is different?
eg. 99% UV rejection, about 97% IR rejection etc.

Sooo wat make em different? Their optical clarity.

Yes yes, kung-fu also got count in final qualiti, but, their optical clarity cannot be affectted bye tat.

Its either 100% clear or not 100% clear. Some close to 100%, but most less than tat.

Dun beleaf, go to tint shop, get them best kung-fu tint man to put 1'X1' square tint on their window of each brand tat tray hav. Then u go lok lok. Different optical clarity betwin tee bran can be seen.

mos say vkoll bbetter, so piece tel me y u say betta? becos it kos more, so tat y beta? Their performance all almot equal mar.

Some say they put tint for safty butt dun kare is got proteccion, so y spend sooo much on vkool? Use contact we use to kover textbook can liao mar.

Daniel;300515 said:
Hear r d 3 bigg hitters in Malaysia.

1) V-Kool
http://www.v-kool.com/index.html

2) Llumar
http://www.llumar.com/

3) 3M
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/WF/3MWindowFilms/

Pees go and cek four yashelf dee produck specs.

Butt wood u all agree wit me tat they all are veli similar in proformance even if their lok or shade is different?
eg. 99% UV rejection, about 97% IR rejection etc.

Sooo wat make em different? Their optical clarity.

Yes yes, kung-fu also got count in final qualiti, but, their optical clarity cannot be affectted bye tat.

Its either 100% clear or not 100% clear. Some close to 100%, but most less than tat.

Dun beleaf, go to tint shop, get them best kung-fu tint man to put 1'X1' square tint on their window of each brand tat tray hav. Then u go lok lok. Different optical clarity betwin tee bran can be seen.

mos say vkoll bbetter, so piece tel me y u say betta? becos it kos more, so tat y beta? Their performance all almot equal mar.

Some say they put tint for safty butt dun kare is got proteccion, so y spend sooo much on vkool? Use contact we use to kover textbook can liao mar.

Having said all that, what tint do u recommend?

I am speaking from personal experience tat Vkool has better heat rejection compare to 3M but not sure bout Llumar since i havent used the tint b4.

the heat rejection is actually subjective unless tested with a thermometer.

even S-Cool got good heat rejection ma. hehe... i think its the psycological assurance that it is a good product.

Ya i agreed, it boils down to personal preference i guess.

Anyway back to the group tint:

1. e46enthu - E46
2. Devilsadvocate - E46-2002 - front windscreen only

Anyone else interested?

Daniel, mind sharing with us what tint film u use for your car/s?

Based on the 3 brands you provided, I have actually checked ALL.

I am using VKool as a bench mark.

LLumar: Famous for security film but poor IR rejection unless u go for LLumar non-security film, which I remember similar if not worse off in IR rejection compare to VKool, yet the price is not cheaper than VKool. If I want security film, I will stick to LLumar.

3M: US product, not cheaper than VKool and IR rejection also about the same if not worse off than VKool.

VKool: Based in Singapore, dunno where they get their product from.. :106: So far I have not seen other tint film that is better in IR rejection rate than VKool and many branded cars in Malaysia is specifying their film. They are established in Malaysia with many years of history and very little complaint heard from their customers. They have a big HQ in PJ, any warranty issue and go back to them.. absolute peace of mind using their product, especially when seeing Merc and Bimmer around u are using the same film..

Back to u Daniel, u have yet to answer our questions.

1. What is your recommendation?
2. What film u use for your cars?

Thanks.

tinted with v kool

IMG_0802.jpg

gelap semacam jer..

guys, i was quoted rm1450 for 3m tint... the guy said its the high end.. includes removing my old tint... is this a good price???

astroboy;300544 said:
Daniel, mind sharing with us what tint film u use for your car/s?

Based on the 3 brands you provided, I have actually checked ALL.

I am using VKool as a bench mark.

LLumar: Famous for security film but poor IR rejection unless u go for LLumar non-security film, which I remember similar if not worse off in IR rejection compare to VKool, yet the price is not cheaper than VKool. If I want security film, I will stick to LLumar.

3M: US product, not cheaper than VKool and IR rejection also about the same if not worse off than VKool.

VKool: Based in Singapore, dunno where they get their product from.. :106: So far I have not seen other tint film that is better in IR rejection rate than VKool and many branded cars in Malaysia is specifying their film. They are established in Malaysia with many years of history and very little complaint heard from their customers. They have a big HQ in PJ, any warranty issue and go back to them.. absolute peace of mind using their product, especially when seeing Merc and Bimmer around u are using the same film..

Back to u Daniel, u have yet to answer our questions.

1. What is your recommendation?
2. What film u use for your cars?

Thanks.

U say u check em all? frm ware ar?
You say som bran god lousy IR rating? over 95% steal no good enuff meh?

Veli kool i belive is from USA, remembra they use to promoat tat it used in space shuttle.

My recommendacion.
Dee 1 wit d mos optical clarity. Bes i kud find was 3M with side bye side comparison.

Wat i used so far.
veli-kool also got, rike-cool also got, 3M also got, sun-kool also got, veli-kool with rike-cool as 2nd layer also got, all try b4 liao on differen cars, except Llumar.

Llumar got cum my office bee 4, but try to sell me tint for offiis window.

ariff habshi;300723 said:
guys, i was quoted rm1450 for 3m tint... the guy said its the high end.. includes removing my old tint... is this a good price???
reemove olde tin, can DIY la. FLEE!

1450 dola X liao lei, my car only 600 dola. but my kancil small, maybe bigger car a bit mor, but can;t be 600 mor

even i tint with unknown brand also quite ok, till today 2 years on everyday my car sunbathing 1 also no peel, no wave, no bubble. but got dirt, which means its the initial workmanship that counts.

Yes, workmanship is very important because I got friend spend RM2,800 on VKool Elite but windshield got ripples.. damn jia lat, of all places, THE WINDSHIELD!!! :eek:

by the way,

anyone here tinted over the legal limit before? and get away with it? hehe...

if d tining guy's kung-fu not powerful enuff, take bak kar and get em fix it la.

AlexNg;300764 said:
by the way,

anyone here tinted over the legal limit before? and get away with it? hehe...

gott. get away? pay d fella la!

Top Bottom