Car Window Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
AlexNg;267146 said:
Bro Replay,

its free from Auto Bavaria. it came with the car la. so did not pay anything but the grade of the tint is as below.

RC80 (Front), RC63 (Side & Rear)

try google for Rike Cool to get the specs of the tint!

bro,they f.o.c very good tinted for you.rike cool is a very gd brand their workmanship also very good.they give 5 year waranty.v cool smart tag can't detact cause the film has metalastic.trust me cause i am working with 1 of the toyota dealer & i choose rike cool as my company panel.

bro, thanks. will test out the coolness later, its baking under the sun now. hehe... hope its good! nice color too, not too dark, not too light

chili e30;267178 said:
bro,they f.o.c very good tinted for you.rike cool is a very gd brand their workmanship also very good.they give 5 year waranty.v cool smart tag can't detact cause the film has metalastic.trust me cause i am working with 1 of the toyota dealer & i choose rike cool as my company panel.
my v-kool elite v70 dun have problem detecting smart tac

you can try "air-cool" in puchong. i did mine in 2 months ago. so far ok for me. looks professional when tinted my e46. price is 5++ for all (included front & rear).
my rejection heat is only 65%. however, if pay more 3++ can get 95% rejection heat. Of course, it's JPJ approve and Smart tag got no problem at all. And what i like is, it's bit difficult to look inside from outside window.

go try that shop in sg besi called 'welldone'. ask for michael....

installed v-cool on my ride..... elite in front, and v40 all around......

BTW, can puspacom tear the tint from the car if the tint is out of spec?

My wife brought a car and sent for inspection at puspacom. They tear it out on the spot because it was out of spec. Somemore the brand is V-Cool and got warranty card.

Ayoo... I though puspacom is not an authority. They are like any other workshop. the only different they are recognised by JPJ to do several testing to the vehicle before approval by authority. They don't have the right to tear off or do anything accept to write a report only. Do they?

Wow, i think not. they can only check then pass off which part as approved and which is not approved. then u must rectify and then go for a re-check. rip off? even JPJ and Police don't do that, thought they will force you to rip it off yourself (more painful) or else write u a summon.

Understand from friends that if stopped at JPJ roadblock & tint is too dark, they'll use a penknife to slash the tint so u have no choice but to remove the tint. Some are even required to show up at JPJ within a given time to show that the tints have been removed!

Maybe its the same at Puspakom. But with warranty, can claim from installer ka?

Maybe now they are given the power to do so now that everybody who want to buy/sell car have to go thru them..

woooo... no authority can inflict damage to a person's property without justifiable cause like preventing a crime from taking place.

The law should allow them to issue summons or to impose an inspection at the JPJ office or they can impound your car.

If they can pen knife your tint, then they can do more similar damage like ripping your plate numbers if it is too small or shiny, break your tail pipes coz it is too big, take your springs coz it is too lowered, put sand in your engine coz you did not register your engine change. All because you break the law? Does it make sense?

planta

Jarance,
yes, for certain things such as selling/buying used car, we need to go through puspacom, but i never heard that the authority had been delegated to puspacom by jpj. like alex wrote, they issued summon and you need to rectified and then go for re-check.

Jeff,
recently my neighbour received a letter from jpj saying that he must send his estima and his harrier for inspection at puspacom cause it is using dark tinted glass window. he said he never been stop by police or jpj before. last week he need to reinstalled the clear window, when for inspection, cleared, come back straight to the workshop again and refixed the dark tint glass. hi..hi..hi.. he got money ma... the question is, how did jpj knew his vehicle is tinted dark.

They can just call any car for inspection based on their discretion.
So if you are passing a road block or you passed by a JPJ patrol car meant to catch busses or lorries on that particular day, and you were not stopped at all even though you are driving a dark tint car, it does not mean they just let you go.

They take the reg number and issue a letter for inspection the next day coz they do not want to cause a traffic jam and defocused their mission for the day.

planta

How optically correct are the V-Kool and Rike-Cool tints?

I do recall them having the 'orange-peel' effect.

jarance;267585 said:
BTW, can puspacom tear the tint from the car if the tint is out of spec?

My wife brought a car and sent for inspection at puspacom. They tear it out on the spot because it was out of spec. Somemore the brand is V-Cool and got warranty card.
yes,puspakom can tear of the tinted if is out of spec.

rike cool user here, so far after couple of days still no orange-peel effect...

Better to use runners when sending cars with any mods for inspection. The runner can "fix" any problems on the spot. :wink:

AlexNg;267736 said:
rike cool user here, so far after couple of days still no orange-peel effect...

orange-peels do not just appear. they are the finishing quality of the tint. If u look really closely, then you should be able to see how optically correct the tint is.

KURNIA Regional Insurance Clinic (8th Dec 2007)

Dear all Members & Forumers

Kurnia Insurans has proposed to organise an Insurance Clinic to help us all understand our motor policy better. This is so that we are better equipped with the knowledge and would know better about our rights as policy holders. Especially so if you have the misfortune of having an accident and involves compensation from your respective insurance providers.

Following are the details of the clinic

Date: 8/12/2007 (Saturday)
Venue: 9th Floor, Training Room,
Menara Kurnia, Bandar Sunway
Time: 4.00pm onwards

Supported by: KIMB Wilayah Branch

Reception of members arrival

Welcoming speech by
  • Mr Chow, GM Marketing
  • Mr Jeffrey Ewe, Club Vice President
Motor clinic agenda:

a)Definition of comprehensive motor insurance

b)Motor Insurance extra benefits extension
·Windscreen coverage
·Special Peril coverage
·Driver & Passengers’ PA

c)Motor Claim Procedure
·Provide basic guideline/ Workflow of Theft & Own Damage claim
·Introductory of panel workshop
·Role of adjuster
·Kurnia Express

d)KAA Assist

·Role and assistance provided
·Perks and benefit

e)Q & A session

f)Refreshment serving

To register go here: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15514

Top Bottom