Car Window Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Strider;267628 said:
Jarance,
yes, for certain things such as selling/buying used car, we need to go through puspacom, but i never heard that the authority had been delegated to puspacom by jpj. like alex wrote, they issued summon and you need to rectified and then go for re-check.

Jeff,
recently my neighbour received a letter from jpj saying that he must send his estima and his harrier for inspection at puspacom cause it is using dark tinted glass window. he said he never been stop by police or jpj before. last week he need to reinstalled the clear window, when for inspection, cleared, come back straight to the workshop again and refixed the dark tint glass. hi..hi..hi.. he got money ma... the question is, how did jpj knew his vehicle is tinted dark.

Maybe those are like the traffic polis summons - no need to stop u, just record down and post?

cempaka;267738 said:
Better to use runners when sending cars with any mods for inspection. The runner can "fix" any problems on the spot. :wink:

Yup yup yup ... no arguments there! :top:

i came across i place in shah alam dat offers security and solar tint.had my car done there.nw dey r offering xtremely low prices.tink its like a x'mas offer or sumthin..prices around rm600-800 like dat for 1 whole car..it genuine usa made.brand starts with an Ll or sumthin..

i got the offer rm2000 for the V-Kool Elite tinted. dun kno whether it is included the front or not. forgot to ask. I heard from my friend Elite it help to prevent the heat but the color like very clear. I wanna be abit dark but worry JPJ kacau :( . Vkool said i can try the 40 which is not JPJ approve but darker.

shd i go ahead and do the V-Kool Elite tinted for rm2000 at jln loke yew. or i can neg with them?

keeekeee;272775 said:
i got the offer rm2000 for the V-Kool Elite tinted. dun kno whether it is included the front or not. forgot to ask. I heard from my friend Elite it help to prevent the heat but the color like very clear. I wanna be abit dark but worry JPJ kacau :( . Vkool said i can try the 40 which is not JPJ approve but darker.

shd i go ahead and do the V-Kool Elite tinted for rm2000 at jln loke yew. or i can neg with them?

V-Kool Elite is the safest bet in terms of price/performance. All my previous and current cars uses it and it doesn't have any problem with the authorities. I've been a satisfied customer for more than 10 years. You got a good deal at 2K. Mine was done at V-Kool HQ for 2.3K. Forget about the other Kools or Cools, those are clones.:stupid: :stupid:

Yes, V-kool Elite 70 is legal all round as it allows 70% of visible light through... V-kool 40 is not as it allows only 43% of visible light through only, I'm on V-kool Elite 70 for front and V-kool 40 for my sides and rear...

But in terms of infra red (heat) transmission, V-kool Elite 70 is quoted at 94% IR rejection/absorption, that means a 6% transmission... this is already a good figure for tint films, all cheaper ones are unable to achieve even near that.

For the not-so-legal V-kool 40, the IR rejection is quoted at 98%, which means a 2% transmission only, the 3x difference (6% to 2%) with V-kool 70 can be felt in my car, just by sticking a hand out when the sun is shining through either the side windows or the front windscreen.

Very satisfied with the performance of my tints even though the sides and rear may not be legal... Paid around RM2.5k if I'm not mistaken, in 2006, or was it earlier this year...

Would u put on a pair of Chap Palang sun glasses when doing above 200kph !!:eek: :eek:

I tried my friend's car which has this el-cheapo tint and it feel's like sitting in a fish tank looking out.. :eek:

I am not saying VKOOL is the best but but am not trusting any other brand..

And about those security tint where people can't brake in or rather take few more blows, then only can break in.. I am very worry because it also stop the good guys from getting in in times of emergency... of course the bullet proof one if u life is at risk, pls get it!

I prefer a tint that others can read my hand signals in case my horn fails.. :D

:D my 2 sen.. :D

RikeCool is kinda reputable IMHO, not some cha pa lang... if not they won't offer to customers from AB, right?

AlexNg;272860 said:
RikeCool is kinda reputable IMHO, not some cha pa lang... if not they won't offer to customers from AB, right?

Not really. It still do not hold strong record or history like V-Kool.

em .... thanks for all the feedbacks. i think i will go ahead and tint the vkool elite when i got my car next week. was thinking to tint dark one but worry JPJ and Police :( so have to settle with Vkool then :) thanks guys~

bro keeekeee,why don't u try rike cool rc55 for whole car.the ir is 83.5% but darker a little bit.is very cool & look a little dark from outside.is approved by jpj if u kena saman they will pay for it.i know cause the a my pannel.they a selling at rm1800 & just mention my name nigel from g.z m'cca they will give u discount!:top:

David Yong;273040 said:
Go for V-Kool 40 larr... U will love it. Dun worry so much on JPJ approval.

If kena saman and want your car go through inspection than how wor?

Just did Rike cool for my car...pretty nice tint...very big difference especially during the afternoons. Doesnt affect my smart tag and auto gate..cool.

The price is also very very sweet....haggled a bit with the leng lui there... :)

Replay;273079 said:
Just did Rike cool for my car...pretty nice tint...very big difference especially during the afternoons. Doesnt affect my smart tag and auto gate..cool.

The price is also very very sweet....haggled a bit with the leng lui there... :)
yap! bro i always trust them,their boss & lady boss is from m'cca.any problem with their service just tell me & i will do the complain for u guys.about leng lui??? m'cca leng lui i know very well,they always acompany me for lunch>:rock:

chili e30;273159 said:
yap! bro i always trust them,their boss & lady boss is from m'cca.any problem with their service just tell me & i will do the complain for u guys.about leng lui??? m'cca leng lui i know very well,they always acompany me for lunch>:rock:

Walao...u one lucky guy man....have all the lenglui accompany u for lunch

Top Bottom