Car Window Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
This latest V-kool Elite is not as good as the previous generation V-kool which I also have on my older ride. On V-kool Elite, my dashboard feels hotter......

I'm starting to wonder regarding the effectiveness of the security tint films on the market. I've recently heard 2 stories, one from friend's colleague (using a cheap kind of security film, not sure which brand), and another from a fellow member of the club (V-Kool security film). Both cases involved cars stuck in traffic. In the first case, the window was smashed in one hit, while in the 2nd case, two hits to break the glass. In both cases, the thief was after handbag left on the seat (back seat and front passenger seat).

I always thought it would take at least a few hits to smash the window? How come only one/two hits to smash the window? Granted that a sharp object should be able to penetrate the window/film but the general integrity of the window/film should last a few hits, if the manufacturers' claims are to be believed. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it also depends on the object used to hit the window. A round/blunt object (helmet?) would require many more hits versus a sharper object like an axe or screwdriver. Also, the angle of approach too.

It depends on the thickness of the security tint film which comes in 4, 6 and 8mm. In my opinion 6mm is sufficient as the risk of being trap in an overturned car is high on the 8mm film. It is safer to keep handbags/valuables in the boot compartment especially below the board!

Tinted

Replay;265402 said:
Is there a good car window tint to recommend? I 'm considering V-Cool or Rike cool...which is better? where is a good place to do the tint? dont want to goto a place where they do then after a couple of weeks the tint wrinkles....

You can try on Rike Cool.. Does compliace with JPJ and also heat reduction.. quality type..
what car are you driving??

phantom;494850 said:
This latest V-kool Elite is not as good as the previous generation V-kool which I also have on my older ride. On V-kool Elite, my dashboard feels hotter......

You can try on Rike Cool as well... Good quality. where we can show you more or less the performance of the tinted film..

tinted film - Rike Cool

Replay;265518 said:
Is anyone here using Rike Cool? I'm looking for something with a darker tint and i see that V-Kool is normally greenish right? does V-Kool have darking tints?

im working at Rike Cool Hq... you want darker tint then have lower heat reduction?? u can pm me if u need more details.. can give discount.. and quality assured..

can let me know which shop nearest to shah alam can install 3M? hope can give shop name and contact number...

Hello all See Fu's and contributors, I'm new to BMWCM and hope to be able to learn and share some tips. Kindly forgive me while navigating my way...

I'm looking for Coating and Also Safety film for my E60. I will check out RikeCool as they were closed Sunday. Others I'm checking as well...pls feedback for anyone who has used.. Here is wat I gather:
1) CareKool Max (VLT 70%), IRR 95% UVR99% + Safety (MaxiCoat) = RM 1700 (highest end package in their shop);
2) Cool World (VLT 63%, UVR 99%, IRR 95% + safety security film = RM 1900 for Luxury Saloon
3) V-Kool 6Mils (RM 2500)
4) RikeCool - RM2100
Please advise which is best film, without any adverse effects.

As for Coating for Paint protection:
1) ThreeBond - Ultra Glass Coating, by V-Kool dealer's (2 yrs warranty) - RM 1850
2) Unnamed yet from 1upautospa, Sunway (18-24 months warranty) Nano Paint Coating (abt 10mils) thick, comes with 6 mths Free maintenance = RM 1288 (can get better discount with group)
Pls advise what's best to use and Kindly share experiences and convinctions, thank you so much

tckr_crlsn,

Please as a matter of formality, introduce yourself first in the newbie section before you start any postings.

planning to get the rear re-tinted. tinter said that demister might get messed up.

so, does it means that the demister will be stripped out? if yes, then it will be an eyesore (its going to be like, some got lines, some no lines). will this affect the radio antenna as well?

i am not to concern about the demister since i barely uses it. just more on radio antenna and the looks of the window.

LiteBulb;579467 said:
planning to get the rear re-tinted. tinter said that demister might get messed up.

so, does it means that the demister will be stripped out? if yes, then it will be an eyesore (its going to be like, some got lines, some no lines). will this affect the radio antenna as well?

i am not to concern about the demister since i barely uses it. just more on radio antenna and the looks of the window.

well I am sure it may have sum effects even JPJ dare not strip whatever dark tint you have on the rear.....so think hard before you re-tint unless some1 is willing to be very detailed when stripping it off

i heard the rear strips also acts as the receiving antenna for ur keyless entry device.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

dammit. anyone know of a place where they can remove rear tint with superb accuracy that the lines wont get dammaged?

rike cool;462707 said:
Daytona,

Price as below;

RC10 - RM 2160
RC 63 - RM 1920
RC 55 - RM 1600

The above mentioned products are compliance with JPJ & Puspakom rules & regulations.

For more info, please log in www.rikecool.com

How much for front windshield only and what is the Infrared rejection of RC10, RC 63 and RC 55 ?

Terry

i tried V-cool before, given 5 years warranty. started to disintegrate in 6th year (side mirror). also not smart tag friendly.
Now on Llumar Diamond 6, (top grade) with 10 years warranty and smart tag friendly.

I have SunGuard on my car and heat rejection is average therefore plan to apply another layer of RikeCool. Do you think the heat rejection performance is better then just one high end Eco Tint or Rike Cool top range? Presume SunGuard IR65 + RikeCook IR78 = to RikeCool IR89?

I also like the color as it resemble Rayban's Green

Geoff,

You will improve the heat rejection better than the best single film from the others but what you will end up doing is to push the VLT over the limit cos even clear heat rejection films does reduce the VLT.

I suspect that was the problem with my V-Krap. There were 2 layers, one for heat rejection which is clear and the other for darkness. Iindividually they are within the VLT limit. Together they push VLT below the minimum.

geoffreylee;637145 said:
I have SunGuard on my car and heat rejection is average therefore plan to apply another layer of RikeCool. Do you think the heat rejection performance is better then just one high end Eco Tint or Rike Cool top range? Presume SunGuard IR65 + RikeCook IR78 = to RikeCool IR89?

I also like the color as it resemble Rayban's Green

Top Bottom