can our bimmer use RON 95 fuel??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I went to 3 Shell stations yesterday nite and all ran out of V-Power. The only other option was RON 95 which I refused to pump. So landed up at a Petronas station where only 1 pump has RON 97, the rest RON 95 and Diesel only. Anyone experiencing shortage of V-Power in their area ?

Juan Powerblow;457680 said:
I went to 3 Shell stations yesterday nite and all ran out of V-Power. The only other option was RON 95 which I refused to pump. So landed up at a Petronas station where only 1 pump has RON 97, the rest RON 95 and Diesel only. Anyone experiencing shortage of V-Power in their area ?

Dont have to talk about V-Power la Bro Juan ... even RON97 is difficult to find. U have to go to dedicated station. If you just want to 'walk-in' to find the 97, I bet 80% of the time you will just end up with RON95.

buzzlie;459753 said:
Dont have to talk about V-Power la Bro Juan ... even RON97 is difficult to find. U have to go to dedicated station. If you just want to 'walk-in' to find the 97, I bet 80% of the time you will just end up with RON95.

Esso ron 97 is available at every stations nationwide, but not others like Petronas, Shell, BHP & Caltex....why arr??

Juan Powerblow;457680 said:

I was at Shah Alam, stop by a Shell kiosk to buy my usual Sampoerna.. So I parked in the kiosk, towards the side where the tanker usually refill the kiosk. I noticed colorful floor caps, green, yellow and black which obviously denote RON97, RON95 and diesel for the kiosk operator to stick in their dipstick to measure the skid tank balance.

Towards the side of the tarmac, there's the inlet for tanker to connect their refilling hose to fill up the under ground skid tank, same colorful caps.

Towards the back of the kiosk, there's flag pole liked metal rod stick out from the ground which obviously is the ventilation for the underground skid tanks, those "flag pole" too are bearing the same respective colors.

I noticed the yellows are all double, meaning they must be using 2 skid tanks for RON95 while one each for the diesel and RON97.

The VPower demand for that area should be pretty low, so its not feasible to occupy 1/4 skid tanks. These kiosks are going thru a deciding stage on whether to keep VPower or RON97 for their respective kiosk or keep additional tank of RON95.

By the way, my Toyota 1.3L been adapting pretty well to RON95, on the first tank it was a real vomit blood experience, after the 3rd tank, I'm back to cruising above >140 on Federal highway.. the Toyota ECU is a little slow in adapting and optimising of the timing and air-fuel mix for the RON95, now all good!

E90 still on RON97.. :p

dzuljazz2001;460024 said:
What about the new diesel? Can the E60 diesel model take the new euro 2 diesel?

Well,you have been running on euro 1 so far and you probably know the amount of sulfur in it.I guess the euro 2 should be a little better.Had it not been for the diesel quality in our country,I would have gone for the 530d too man..I'm eager to know how good is the new euro 2 too.It baffles me to think that people in India are talking about euro 4 and 5 and we are still stuck in Jurrasic era:stupid:

as you know, my ride has been 'stuck' at Ab Kuantan before Euro 2 was introduce. Based on feedback from our technical friends, the new deisel have some 'effects' on the injector but yet to confirm. My car is stilll loaded with the Euro 1 and my month end it will be out. Still uncertain about impact this diesel have on this so call sophisticated high performance E60.

dzuljazz2001;460034 said:
as you know, my ride has been 'stuck' at Ab Kuantan before Euro 2 was introduce. Based on feedback from our technical friends, the new deisel have some 'effects' on the injector but yet to confirm. My car is stilll loaded with the Euro 1 and my month end it will be out. Still uncertain about impact this diesel have on this so call sophisticated high performance E60.

I like that expression.....what is the story so far about the euro 2? I can't wait to get myself a turbo diesel coz I love the torque...

anakin;459926 said:
Esso ron 97 is available at every stations nationwide, but not others like Petronas, Shell, BHP & Caltex....why arr??

My regular brand is Esso & Petronas. And Anakin, its not true ... have just 'walk-in' into Esso Bandar Baru Klang ... no other option, only RON95. Unless I want to try diesel, hahahaaaa.

Shell not so bad. But if Petronas ... u better switch to 95 completely. Sakit hati saja want to find 97 there. Maybe the assumption is true, Petronas is for low/normal demand use ... Shell for hi-demand, hi-standard, hi-performance use.

Malaysia Boleh!

I've switched to BHP 97...so far so good but I know what a b*tch it can be to find their stations nationwide..

Making it's rakyat suckers pun BOLEH

buzzlie;460040 said:
My regular brand is Esso & Petronas. And Anakin, its not true ... have just 'walk-in' into Esso Bandar Baru Klang ... no other option, only RON95. Unless I want to try diesel, hahahaaaa.

Shell not so bad. But if Petronas ... u better switch to 95 completely. Sakit hati saja want to find 97 there. Maybe the assumption is true, Petronas is for low/normal demand use ... Shell for hi-demand, hi-standard, hi-performance use.

Malaysia Boleh!

Really..?Even in small town like my hometown(only 2 petrol kiosk, 1 is Petronas) they have ron 97 ler..so I assumed in big town/city sure got one...err how come Bandar Baru Klang dun have...:eek:

anakin;460079 said:
Really..?Even in small town like my hometown(only 2 petrol kiosk, 1 is Petronas) they have ron 97 ler..so I assumed in big town/city sure got one...err how come Bandar Baru Klang dun have...:eek:

I pun wonder why. Thats a big Esso station ... besides Jaya Jusco.

But for now, I go to Petronas ... they have the lucky draw kind of thing. Can win Alfa, Honda or Mazda, heheheee.

buzzlie;460436 said:
I pun wonder why. Thats a big Esso station ... besides Jaya Jusco.

But for now, I go to Petronas ... they have the lucky draw kind of thing. Can win Alfa, Honda or Mazda, heheheee.

Hope you win coz you're gonna need that Mazda,Honda or Alfa after they screw your Beemer with their fuel:dancing2:

Guna;460539 said:
Hope you win coz you're gonna need that Mazda,Honda or Alfa after they screw your Beemer with their fuel:dancing2:

No la .. my UDM still on RON97 from ESSO, so it should still be intact. I use their RON97/95 (whichever availablr) for my Honda and to win the cars.

Guna;460030 said:
Well,you have been running on euro 1 so far and you probably know the amount of sulfur in it.I guess the euro 2 should be a little better.Had it not been for the diesel quality in our country,I would have gone for the 530d too man..I'm eager to know how good is the new euro 2 too.It baffles me to think that people in India are talking about euro 4 and 5 and we are still stuck in Jurrasic era:stupid:

The recent diesel engines introduced in Malaysia are under Euro 3 category, while the diesel that is available now is under Euro2M category. Bottom line is this Euro 3 engines require fuel with 350ppm of sulphur (parts per million) while our Euro2M has about 500ppm of sulphur. This is due to the high pressure of which diesel is injected into the combustion chamber via the piezo injectors. As a result of the fuel quality, our diesel engines is slightly detuned (lower pressure, 1800 bar compared to 2000 bar) to ensure the engines will operate without much problems. Previous diesel is not even Euro1, and has 3000 ppm of sulphur!

The service interval under the BSRI is 15,000km.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

ALBundy;460663 said:
The recent diesel engines introduced in Malaysia are under Euro 3 category, while the diesel that is available now is under Euro2M category. Bottom line is this Euro 3 engines require fuel with 350ppm of sulphur (parts per million) while our Euro2M has about 500ppm of sulphur. This is due to the high pressure of which diesel is injected into the combustion chamber via the piezo injectors. As a result of the fuel quality, our diesel engines is slightly detuned (lower pressure, 1800 bar compared to 2000 bar) to ensure the engines will operate without much problems. Previous diesel is not even Euro1, and has 3000 ppm of sulphur!

The service interval under the BSRI is 15,000km.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

there you go....I guess that was a good summary of why some of us are struggling with our diesel powered vehicles..I had a an expat neighbor who worked for a high end car manufacturer and he told me that there's almost an equal amount of diesel cars in Europe,India and a few other major countries.Even Singapore has better quality diesel.He also reiterated that had the diesel here been of better quality,diesel car is the way to go.

and probably regret it when you have to hear what the engine sounds like after a year full of our quality diesel... there's an e60 at the apartment where i stay and its uncanny how bmw managed to produce a modern car that sounds like a 70s merc taxi. from the outside at least.

Top Bottom