F10 and primax 95 extra

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi All,

I pump RON 95 @ Shell for my 523i,

Travelled from KL to Bkt Kayu Hitam, back to Kulim Penang. Totalled with 650km, pump RON 95 @ Shell costs me approximately RM 110.00

Seriously impressed with the fuel consumption.

Combustion is more complete with ron 97 compare 95 and generate more power (KW) bcoz ron 97 gross heating value is higher than ron 95 ....shell/petronas/exxxon/BHP used the same based fuel of ron 95 or 97 from our refineries in Melaka,PD or Terengganu........the only different is the plug in additives.......... I’m working as org minyak fo so many years and guess what? Im using SHELL ron 95 off all my contibnental car (Merz/BM)........ to me it is ok as long as our car maintenance are well taken care coz ron 95 generate a bit more carbon during combustion take place compare 97....actuall gross heating value 95 is not much different with 97....for diesel car..guys you have to be extra careful about maintenance...don’t take it lightly.....coz our diesel spec is not the same from euro spec.........that is the realty.......I was involve during design, and construction stage to one of our refineries.....

docrayboy;626499 said:
Why no special diesel, Petronas???!!

what do you mean by special?........diesel spec depend on refinary process specification bro.......if they upgrade u have to pay more hehehe....

prcs_eye,
yeah... agree with u on that.

for shell & petronas, the share the same refinery plant in PD, then transport to dengkil, side by side (petronas & shell) even the petrol and diesel share the same pipe for transportation too.
if memory served me right, the addictive only put/mix at the tanker itself.

Prcs_eye;664189 said:
Combustion is more complete with ron 97 compare 95 and generate more power (KW) bcoz ron 97 gross heating value is higher than ron 95 ....shell/petronas/exxxon/BHP used the same based fuel of ron 95 or 97 from our refineries in Melaka,PD or Terengganu........the only different is the plug in additives.......... I’m working as org minyak fo so many years and guess what? Im using SHELL ron 95 off all my contibnental car (Merz/BM)........ to me it is ok as long as our car maintenance are well taken care coz ron 95 generate a bit more carbon during combustion take place compare 97....actuall gross heating value 95 is not much different with 97....for diesel car..guys you have to be extra careful about maintenance...don’t take it lightly.....coz our diesel spec is not the same from euro spec.........that is the realty.......I was involve during design, and construction stage to one of our refineries.....

So you prefer the RON 95 Shell than the latest upgrade PRIMAX EXTRA RON 95 Petronas? Do you mind to share why..? I dont work in oil n gas industry so my knowledge is limited...

RH5;664240 said:
So you prefer the RON 95 Shell than the latest upgrade PRIMAX EXTRA RON 95 Petronas? Do you mind to share why..? I dont work in oil n gas industry so my knowledge is limited...

I'd say both Shell 95 and Petronas 95 have the similar combustion power and pre-ignition (knocking) characteristics. (the addictive they put is well kept secret, maybe they add some isobutane to increase combustion? with the combination of addictives, they will make your car has more acceleration power with less milage or more milage with less acceleration power (esso/mobil) )

Depends on your driving style, if ur rpm is high, there should be noticeable performance in term of acceleration for higher RON rating, since higher ron provide more combustion to the engine. some people use Octane Booster which translate into having higher RON in your fuel tank. But, sulfur content for our petrol is much higher than country that mandates Euro4, but significantly lower than sulfur in any diesel of course.

I do believe if we have Diesel Euro4 in near future, the price is much higher than current Euro2, there's no performance difference but more towards sulfur content. Our beloved country sell our "premium crude oil" which has low sulfur and buy back less expensive crude oil from middle east and do refinery at PD for example.

Have been long time since i last posted here.
Out of convenience, since Shell is near my house, I use it. Moreover, i dun have to worry about nozzle issue for my 320d. As for my F10 (523i), since it is not meant to drive as crazy like my 320d, i use 95. No issue, just underpower.

I'm driving an F10 523i. Using BHP 95. My fuel consumption on city driving is 420km on a full tank. Fill up twice already and both times the same result.

I have also used BHP 95 on the 535i and I'm averaging 490-500km per tank for city driving. I'm very surprised at those numbers considering the amount of sprinting I do with the 535i...

Mine gets about 560KM then fuel warning lights on ( Trip comp says another 100km or so) Doing 50/50 city/highway
Each time after refilling, trip comp says can go 840 plus km..
Much better than the E60 I had
I am also running on 20 inch

I've been doing some experimenting on my car fuel consumption. So far it's only pure city driving. If i drive on comfort mode, it will cover 430km with few more km to spare. I can confirm this as I clock this mileage 3 times already on a full tank. Now I'm trying normal mode and the lights just came out. I've covered 430km with 50km left from the computer reading. The reading for l/100km is 14.5 for comfort mode and 13.6l/100km on normal mode. Mine is a 523i

Comparing to the F10 523i's specifications

Urban 10.0 L/100km
Extra-urban 6.0L/100km
Combined 7.7 L/100km

14.5L/100 km (comfort) and 13.6L/100 km (normal) for city driving is on the high side.

Paul that is quite true. but don't you think 14.5L & 13.6L are on the high side?

herbert;683106 said:
Comparing to the F10 523i's specifications

Urban 10.0 L/100km
Extra-urban 6.0L/100km
Combined 7.7 L/100km

14.5L/100 km (comfort) and 13.6L/100 km (normal) for city driving is on the high side.

This was using RON95? What about RON97?

Top Bottom