can our bimmer use RON 95 fuel??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
erica34;460912 said:
and probably regret it when you have to hear what the engine sounds like after a year full of our quality diesel... there's an e60 at the apartment where i stay and its uncanny how bmw managed to produce a modern car that sounds like a 70s merc taxi. from the outside at least.

Hehehe..have you ever heard to a diesel engined car that sounds like a petrol engined V6(or inline for that matter).....from the outside?

Back to the RON 95 fuel, anyone tried using BHP's INFINITI 95 petrol? Personal experience on this, my M54 engine felt smoother & quieter? Psychological or what?

Jerman;461119 said:
Back to the RON 95 fuel, anyone tried using BHP's INFINITI 95 petrol? Personal experience on this, my M54 engine felt smoother & quieter? Psychological or what?

I dunno about the RON95 BHP jerman but I've had two tank full of BHP RON97 and I must admit that I'm getting about 15 to 20 km extra per half tank.I've got the 530 e60 M54 too.

Jerman;461119 said:

I used it before, feels better than Shell95 definitely. Mileage not too sure la. Lazy to calculate. Now I alternate using Ron 95 & Ron 97 on BHP

I'm not sure about the other fuel in the market but I had been unfairly faithful to Shell(maybe because of the Bonuslink points which I'm yet to redeem anything) all this while until this RON issue and I told myself I had enough of this hoarding crap.I have also been reading about the double dose additive that they are putting into the BHP fuel.Though I know it could be a promotional gimmick,I figured there's got to be some kinda truth to their claims and gave it a shot and while I don't intend to promote any particular fuel(not for free atleast),I must say BHP,so far so good

Guna;461428 said:
I'm not sure about the other fuel in the market but I had been unfairly faithful to Shell(maybe because of the Bonuslink points which I'm yet to redeem anything) all this while until this RON issue and I told myself I had enough of this hoarding crap.I have also been reading about the double dose additive that they are putting into the BHP fuel.Though I know it could be a promotional gimmick,I figured there's got to be some kinda truth to their claims and gave it a shot and while I don't intend to promote any particular fuel(not for free atleast),I must say BHP,so far so good

Agreed with Guna. I know from many motorists that BHP is never top of their list of petrol but now there is something in BHP INFINITI that makes the difference. No harm trying and share the experience :top:

Any sifus here can tell us what's happening in simple england ah?

Am been using BHP97 for quite some time and it's my no.1 choice of petrol but currently trying out Caltex and all i can say it's almost the same as BHP (which is good!)

I use Petronas (not so loyal though) for one simple reason ... its Malaysian. Something like you spend money from the left pocket but it will go back to your right pocket. Corruption whatever, the money stays here. At least another Malaysian will get rich. Rather than I spend on outside brand and let them be rich and bring the money back to their countries.

Waaa ... since when I become so patriotic, hahahaaaa.

Worked with Japanese manufacturing long time ago. Remembered how they really support their country on every aspects ... even to the smallest items e.g. stationery, insurance, uniform, etc. Will only go to other vendors if Japan doesnt have it.

Latest from Shell -
any one tried it yet?

--------------

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/10/8/business/4855704&sec=business

----------------

Thursday October 8, 2009

Shell unveils new petrol formula to help motorists cut cost

By WINNIE YEOH

GEORGE TOWN: Shell Malaysia has introduced a new economy petrol formula in Peninsular Malaysia called Shell FuelSave Unleaded, which it claims could save motorists up to one litre of petrol for every full tank and further strengthen its share of the retail fuel market.
The new petrol, available for both RON 95 and RON 97, was launched in its peninsular stations on Tuesday.
Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd and Shell Timur Sdn Bhd managing director Datuk Mohzani Abdul Wahab said Malaysia was the first country in Asia and the third in the world to be using the new fuel.
“The fuel is formulated to help motorists save more by reducing energy loss in the engine,” he said during the launch at a Shell fuel station here. Mohzani said the new formula fuel would be made available in Sabah and Sarawak by the end of the year.

p8-shelli.JPG

From left: Lim Wei Chien being introduced to the new fuel by Shell girls Lau Siow Mei (second from left) and Natalie Sim Siew Lay at the launch on Tuesday

The company has over 900 petrol stations nationwide. RON 95 costs RM1.80 per litre while RON 97 costs RM2.05 per litre.
Also present at the launching ceremony here were Shell Global Solutions Asia/Pacific and Middle East fuel technology manager Eric G. Holthusen and Shell FuelSave Ambassador Fahrin Ahmad.

fabianyee;461613 said:
Still on my first tank... No comments yet..

Yeah,I read about it too and would be good if you could keep us posted on the difference if any.I hope they won't compromise performance for the sake of economy,again...if any

buzzlie;461538 said:
I use Petronas (not so loyal though) for one simple reason ... its Malaysian. Something like you spend money from the left pocket but it will go back to your right pocket. Corruption whatever, the money stays here. At least another Malaysian will get rich. Rather than I spend on outside brand and let them be rich and bring the money back to their countries.

Waaa ... since when I become so patriotic, hahahaaaa.

Worked with Japanese manufacturing long time ago. Remembered how they really support their country on every aspects ... even to the smallest items e.g. stationery, insurance, uniform, etc. Will only go to other vendors if Japan doesnt have it.

And I presume you drive strictly Malaysian cars?..you know..based on your patriotism

Bro 3er

Thanks for the info. Would like to try ... errr, which station can I find these girls again?

buzzlie;461738 said:
Bro 3er

Thanks for the info. Would like to try ... errr, which station can I find these girls again?

And what is the best time to catch them in action?

anakin;460079 said:
Really..?Even in small town like my hometown(only 2 petrol kiosk, 1 is Petronas) they have ron 97 ler..so I assumed in big town/city sure got one...err how come Bandar Baru Klang dun have...:eek:

Anakin,

Went to the station again few days back ... they oledi got RON97.

hi guys.... I found the discussion on RON95/97 very interesting.

I've been using RON95 for my 520i E39 ('03). I haven't noticed any difference to the performance of FC.

just though I'd throw in my 2 cents worth :D

I'm using Caltex RON95 for my E34 520i for the past few months...so far so good...wanted to try BHP, but not many stations which are convenient for me...for HSBC credit card users, HSBC is having the RM5 cash back for every RM200 pumped at Caltex station starting 1 Sept to 28 Feb 2010...but limited to a total of RM200,000.00 cash back (40,000 units of RM5)...for more info, do check at www.hsbc.com.my

Anyone here still using Shell FuelSave 95?

Something is not right with Shell FuelSave Unleaded 95 lately. I am suspecting they have removed the FuelSave additive beginning 2010. I can see the fuel gauge on both my cars dropping fast!!

Only managed to empty one tank this year thus far due to the long holidays, am on 2nd tank now for both car. Both engine felt sluggish despite recent oil change. The JDM is on Castrol Edge 5w-40, the E90 is on Castrol Powerflow SLX 0w-30, yet no performance gain.. something very wrong with the fuel, I tested fuel from different Shell station, still same. Even in cool rainy evening, engine still sluggish. Need to wash my JDM K&N and conduct more test for my JDM, KNS!!

Any similar experience out there?! Please share.

This morning I accidentally pumped in Ron97 at Petronas station. After that I felt the car is more
responsive, I dont have to press the pedal so much compared with using Ron95. I was not trying to test
the difference between the two fuels, so I do not think it is my imagination. I just noticed that the
car running better and realized it could be due to the Ron97.

Top Bottom