best fuel for 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I m a believer now. Dreaded check light never came up after 500kms of travel. Mileage was about d same compared 2 v power racing. My pocket feels heavier already. THks ryou. I would not have pumped primax95 if another 335 owner did not post in this thread as i felt our high compression cars ran only on premium fuel. It however remains 2 b seen if primax 95 can take a fast n furious rempit session. Most of d 500km travelled was on d ldp. Will take d car 4 a run on d highway 2 c how it fares soon.

Ryou;710347 said:
no prob..after 1 or 2 tankfuls, you wont feel a diff at all...but you will notice your wallet seems to have extra money every month :)

Me likey the Primax95 already..;)

rx8;712679 said:
I m a believer now. Dreaded check light never came up after 500kms of travel. Mileage was about d same compared 2 v power racing. My pocket feels heavier already. THks ryou. I would not have pumped primax95 if another 335 owner did not post in this thread as i felt our high compression cars ran only on premium fuel. It however remains 2 b seen if primax 95 can take a fast n furious rempit session. Most of d 500km travelled was on d ldp. Will take d car 4 a run on d highway 2 c how it fares soon.

Just to confirm,u're running a tune too right?? Might give it a try myself.Keep us updated tho..

JB3, downpipes n full after market exhaust, upgraded intercooler, dcis. Thats it. U use d highway a lot more, try it n let us know yr feedback.

rx8;712679 said:

i have done multiple kl-pg-kl runs on 95 with no issues, and you know lar, on NS highway..sure got ppl who cucuk you and u must show them the power of I6 TWIN TURBO!!!

I was on d latar highway doing 220kmh n no issues. This morning i used nkve to bkt jelutong n then klang pressing hard above 200kmh n again no issues. Had both an s5 3.0 n a modded gti 4 brunch. Could c from d extra smoke from their exhaust that they were trying 2 pull but 2 bad 4 them they met a 335 with jb3, full ah beng exhaust, bigger ah piau intercooler n deleted primary n secondary downpipes. Didnt need 2 waste my meth as well.In all honesty, I feel that primax 95 is more than enough 4 daily drive. For spirited drives , i will fill up with petronas 97. My logic is, if primax95 is already so good, d 97 must b even better.

wa....so many good reviews with pet 95.....must try la
Have been using Shell from the first day since i got my licence....so if i change to pet 95....its bcoz of u sifus...hahaha

hans11;715352 said:
i campur 95 + 97 :p

and you will end up with Ron 96 petrol in your tank..nothing wrong with it...in fact, its not a bad habit, gives your car a bit of leeway in case u hit a bad batch of 95

Wah young man, nowadays having brunch.....where got ah beng...maybe Ah Tu Ah Kau..hehehe. I would do the same...

rx8;718205 said:
I was on d latar highway doing 220kmh n no issues. This morning i used nkve to bkt jelutong n then klang pressing hard above 200kmh n again no issues. Had both an s5 3.0 n a modded gti 4 brunch. Could c from d extra smoke from their exhaust that they were trying 2 pull but 2 bad 4 them they met a 335 with jb3, full ah beng exhaust, bigger ah piau intercooler n deleted primary n secondary downpipes. Didnt need 2 waste my meth as well.In all honesty, I feel that primax 95 is more than enough 4 daily drive. For spirited drives , i will fill up with petronas 97. My logic is, if primax95 is already so good, d 97 must b even better.

All bros, off topic a bit...I really wonder how you guys can push your ride to 200 km/h and not worrying the windscreen being hit by any incoming UFOs like stones, bricks, balak, etc...

I was doing at random speed of ONLY 160km/h around NS highway last month, and was so blessed to be hit on a my right upper windscreen...:afraid:
Consequence, the crackline was almost 6 inches...couldn't be repaired, so ended up replacing whole windscreen...:banghead: Lucky to have insurance covered...

So lesson learned, like the saying goes: Get rich or die trying...Is it either go slow like :slug: or hit the redline all the time??? PLzzz advise!!! Tq

keiichicol;733443 said:
All bros, off topic a bit...I really wonder how you guys can push your ride to 200 km/h and not worrying the windscreen being hit by any incoming UFOs like stones, bricks, balak, etc...

I was doing at random speed of ONLY 160km/h around NS highway last month, and was so blessed to be hit on a my right upper windscreen...:afraid:
Consequence, the crackline was almost 6 inches...couldn't be repaired, so ended up replacing whole windscreen...:banghead: Lucky to have insurance covered...

So lesson learned, like the saying goes: Get rich or die trying...Is it either go slow like :slug: or hit the redline all the time??? PLzzz advise!!! Tq

Come on lah, bro, if you are covered by insurance, why worry? Enjoy your ride lah.

Vroom325;733455 said:
Come on lah, bro, if you are covered by insurance, why worry? Enjoy your ride lah.

Have to agree, I redline my ride at least 3-4 times a week and have the 'battle scars' to prove it... stone chips on the bonnet and windscreen. Just noticed another 1cm crackline on the windscreen must hav happened when running at 180 km/h from JB to Sedenak on Saturday. As long as windcreen not shattered I will still run my ride and change it before my insurance expires. I dont see the point of owning a 325i Msport and not driving it to the limit. Still enjoying my ride.

Vroom325;733455 said:

Bro,
If my insurance policy can cover my claim as many times as I wish in a year, then lets ride till it burns the tarmac...You dont wanna go to windscreen repair shop as frequent as paying your monthly credit card bills right? Well, there must be some kinda secret to vroom as wished and having every piece of our ride intact...anyone car to share their secret mou?

Let's live today. In my previoius E46, if I don rev them for some time, my car will start complaining.
Bring him out for an agreesive drive, he comes back with healthy and strong grunt. Just miss that M54B.

Now with my E90 325, liek Joshua, I rev it every week. I push it in corners too.
I think my front tyre need to be changed when the mileage touches 30k. (19k now) The edge is wearing fast.
The car can take it and if you enjoy doing it, safely, why holding it back?

Just make it a habit to respray your bumper like every 2yrs or so. Windscreen covered by insurance.
If you are really so unlucky and kena so kuat to the extend that you have to replace your windscreen twice in a year, too bad.
However, you can actually talk to your insurance agent to top up the premium a bit, if you have no choice but to claime once in the beginning of the year.

I uses kesas & MEX everday, which full of sands, stones. In fact it's getting worst these 1-2yrs. More and more, especially these few months.
I don't think you gonna kena that bad and frequent like cracking every quarter of the year, right?
Why worry so much?

Good luck.

My engine is N46B20. Someone in the forum mentioned that he did a remap and then the car is "tune" to use RON95. What does it mean by "tune"?

Darren Chew;733443 said:

If you are going to get cracked windscreen, going slow aint going to help. The last 2 times i had a cracked windscreen, both times i was going under 100kph in town, stone kicked up by car in front, both times cannot repair had to install new windscreen

Hi guys, i'm a newbie in this forum, just got a 335i on april this year. Do i need to introduce myself before posting? I can't find the introduction section. Btw, i'm currently still using shell ron 97 because i've tried caltex ron95, just after maybe 4-5 full tank, 1 of my injector failed causing 1 of the 6 six cylinder not running and i had to replace the injector which cost me RM 1K. I would like to ask you sifus have experience this kind of issue before? Is it the petrol or my injector lifespan(my 335i is a recond umit 2007)?

Top Bottom