can our bimmer use RON 95 fuel??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
So far been driving the E32 730i with RON 95 for about a week now, so far no problem. Although I have read certain posts by our members, especially those using the E34, saying that they felt a lil' loss of power after changing to the new fuel.

Was travelling to & from Senawang-KL last weekend; & I actually was driving faster as compared to previous trips! [170km/hr tops]. Don't think got power loss in mid-range, since my car always had that problem prior to introduction of RON 95.

Doubt older engines have those knocking sensors in place, but then again, I'm not sure.

So I'm still uncertain whether I should revert back to using RON 97 again...

My car is E60 Japan specs and I checked on Japanese word that wrriten on door / cap of the fuel, Use the "ハイオク" fuels which mean "High octane", and in Japan basically they have two type of fuels, one is "High Octane" and another is "Regular". And I quickly checked on the Japanese Web-side (I know how to read and understand Japanese) what does it mean. This is the answer

"High Octane" "ハイオク": A fuel with more than 96% of octane. RON 96 and above
"Regular" : Afuel with more than 89% octane. RON 89
Also I checked on one of the Japanese BMW forum and the members stated that all BMW have to use "High Octane"? and their recommedation is use the "High Octane" with higher cleaning agent (Sorry I'm not sure what is this?) it would be better in long run also the % of the cleaning agent is different from brand to brand.

As a result, I think our BMW (at least for E60) should use RON97, since we don't have the RON96.

I was looking at this at Tesco, drooling like a kid standing in front of a Chrismas Tree.. :p

"Barely street legal" :p
100_3207.jpg

Retailing at about RM20, quickly I took out my calculator and calculated 55L of RON95 @ RM1.80 vs RON97 @ RM2.05, giving me a difference of RM13.75. The saving for using RON95 is not justifiable to pour in this product into our tank. Otherwise, I will running with this booster with RON95.. wonder if the effect can equate RON98.. :eek: :D :D

This stuff cleanse the fueling system as well which include the injector. :top:

Shaun88;452904 said:
My car is E60 Japan specs and I checked on Japanese word that wrriten on door / cap of the fuel, Use the "ハイオク" fuels which mean "High octane", and in Japan basically they have two type of fuels, one is "High Octane" and another is "Regular". And I quickly checked on the Japanese Web-side (I know how to read and understand Japanese) what does it mean. This is the answer

"High Octane" "ハイオク": A fuel with more than 96% of octane. RON 96 and above
"Regular" : Afuel with more than 89% octane. RON 89
Also I checked on one of the Japanese BMW forum and the members stated that all BMW have to use "High Octane"? and their recommedation is use the "High Octane" with higher cleaning agent (Sorry I'm not sure what is this?) it would be better in long run also the % of the cleaning agent is different from brand to brand.

As a result, I think our BMW (at least for E60) should use RON97, since we don't have the RON96.

CKD/EU e60 can use fuel with RON from 91 to 100...like most of you are aware, the car has got a knock sensor for the engine management to either advance the timing or retard it in order to avoid knocking...

astroboy;452909 said:
I was looking at this at Tesco, drooling like a kid standing in front of a Chrismas Tree.. :p

100_3207.jpg

Retailing at about RM20, quickly I took out my calculator and calculated 55L of RON95 @ RM1.80 vs RON97 @ RM2.05, giving me a difference of RM13.75. The saving for using RON95 is not justifiable to pour in this product into our tank. Otherwise, I will running with this booster with RON95.. wonder if the effect can equate RON98.. :eek: :D :D

bro...tell us ur conclusion after using it ok...
icon10.gif

My E39 is using Ron 95 since yesterday night...so far so good....just feel the engine is noisy & rough....

I wonder why in the list of car that can use Ron95 published by Motor Trader, not listed BMW model? Smell something fishy here. Still in doubt on the suitability of Ron95 on BMW. 1st try on my E39 was not encouraging & still pumping Ron97 for my E46 but ouch RM17 diff on fuel tank which last 5 to 6 days for me.:stupid:

James Chun;453014 said:
My E39 is using Ron 95 since yesterday night...so far so good....just feel the engine is noisy & rough....

If retard timing, engine should not sound noisy and rough but the other way round. Old engine may have thick layer of carbon deposit in the combustion chamber, thus compression ratio increase due to the now smaller cavity. So RON95 might not be suitable now.

Some old Wira suffer the same. They had to run on RON97.

I agree.. my car (e46) has no power now, and I gotta really step on it before it moves forward fast. Warming up takes a long time too.. and yes, engine is like you describe, rough and loud.

Once this tank full finishes, I go back on RON97.. dont like 95..

with my RM129.00 full tank, RON97, my car can do 525kms, now with the RON95, only 425kms.. :(

pakupakis;453071 said:
I agree.. my car (e46) has no power now, and I gotta really step on it before it moves forward fast. Warming up takes a long time too.. and yes, engine is like you describe, rough and loud.

Once this tank full finishes, I go back on RON97.. dont like 95..

Add the barely street legal octane booster la.. :wink: Loud engine noise not healthy, in fact pretty damaging!

octane booster ? please ........
For 55 litre, running RON97 just merely RM11 more ( 55xRM0.2), and guarantee in RON and fuel quality.

How much octane booster give you ? maybe 0.5-0.9 RON in 55 litre, and whole much of other crap.

STAY AWAY FROM OCTANE BOOSTER

astroboy;452909 said:

100_3207.jpg

There are some brands that sell for around RM10 bucks :)

Tried the STP together with V Power at the last track day. Could feel the increase in torque, as my bimmer could use RON98 (which is not available locally but across the causeway) for maximum power :) So far the best I have tried is 3M, not street legal about Rm30 bucks :top:

As for daily usage, as you have shown, financially not viable kekeke.

Cheers

if you realize what is most "octane booster" made of, you would have buy "THAT" instead.

ALbundy, PM if you need RON100, I can get you there "easily" :D

pussy;453080 said:
with my RM129.00 full tank, RON97, my car can do 525kms, now with the RON95, only 425kms.. :(

Fuel consumption drop 20%. RM2.05 - RM1.80 = 0.25 / 1.8 = 13.8%. So better use Ron 97 mathematically

turbology;453210 said:
if you realize what is most "octane booster" made of, you would have buy "THAT" instead.

ALbundy, PM if you need RON100, I can get you there "easily" :D

I also want "THAT".. :D :D

1 gallon of "THAT" please.. :p Is "THAT" expensive? :eek:

turbology;453472 said:
M3 is overated & overpriced
Try a 335i with chip. :D
And neither car will like RON 95
Which ///M3 is overpriced? A chipped 335 may win ///M3 on straight road. But at Sepang, it should be a difference. Not even 335 upgraded wif ///M3 suspension parts.

davidtch;453544 said:
Which ///M3 is overpriced? A chipped 335 may win ///M3 on straight road. But at Sepang, it should be a difference. Not even 335 upgraded wif ///M3 suspension parts.

I concur with that statement. There's a reason why BMW created the ///M division. Not meant for the masses like the 335i.

Top Bottom