RON 97 or RON 95??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
t2ribena;838436 said:
did a test with ron97 then add in a 10point octane booster...suppose to be RON98 but the test return RON97.1 which is the original RON...I stop using any booster since...

Eh ... How u test it la? Interesting ...

siva93;838434 said:
It's because a lot of talks that is why i am curious to try it out myself bro. haaha Googled it i think a couple of months back. So I really want to test and see if it has good mileage or not. But only thing I must finish the petrol first. Pour RON97 with the octane boosters.

Well I am not sure but probably true also tianci maybe psychological also.

Eh btw guys I heard RON 91 coming in??? Is it confirm or is this rumor fake as well?

For a car like 3 series of about 1,400-1,500 kgs, we need at least say 25+HP before we can feel anything la. I tried RON97 in my e90 325, din feel anything. Tried in my CRZ also feel nothing. I wish the N52B25 was a tougher engine, then can do something about it to kick out another 30+HP but a remap can only give you about 18HP at best. That is hardly anything for a remap fee of 3K.

tIANcI;838490 said:
For a car like 3 series of about 1,400-1,500 kgs, we need at least say 25+HP before we can feel anything la. I tried RON97 in my e90 325, din feel anything. Tried in my CRZ also feel nothing. I wish the N52B25 was a tougher engine, then can do something about it to kick out another 30+HP but a remap can only give you about 18HP at best. That is hardly anything for a remap fee of 3K.

That would be for e90 la tianci but what about e46. what to remap?? haha. lol. but i think what you say also is true. if just tambah 5 or 10 hp not much difference but still can tell if monitored properly right? I am tempted to try now on my saga. ;)

the diff when using ron95 and ron97 is too mininal to notice when used on engine with compression ratio up to 10:1...mostly its psychological due to the price paid...kekeke

you will definately feel the diff if the compression ratio starts from 12:1 (NA) and FI engines...

t2ribena;838564 said:
the diff when using ron95 and ron97 is too mininal to notice when used on engine with compression ratio up to 10:1...mostly its psychological due to the price paid...kekeke

you will definately feel the diff if the compression ratio starts from 12:1 (NA) and FI engines...

Civic Type R? Hehehehe ...

tIANcI;838490 said:

Change to 3-stage intake laa bro can go up to 260bhp as I read in e90post....best bang for buck mods for N52b25 engine hehehee

kolamp;838653 said:
Change to 3-stage intake laa bro can go up to 260bhp as I read in e90post....best bang for buck mods for N52b25 engine hehehee

Kolamp ... If can safely get 260HP the the e90 will be a totally sweet DD la. For me that will be perfect as a DD. Extra 40HP, what a dream ...

Got the link ar? I did not see that at e90post.

tIANcI;838912 said:
Kolamp ... If can safely get 260HP the the e90 will be a totally sweet DD la. For me that will be perfect as a DD. Extra 40HP, what a dream ...

Got the link ar? I did not see that at e90post.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381371

Referring to above link,

This conversion would increase power to approximately 265hp and 225 lbft tq (stock 330i: 255/220) due to the ecu reprogramming to powerchip's performance tune (claimed at 275/233) minus the losses from a more restrictive exhaust system on the 25i/28i.

This modification allows 325s to achieve 50hp/40tq gains and 328s to achieve 35hp/25tq gains, rendering this upgrade the most cost effective for non-330 N52s.

It cost bout USD1K for all parts excl. tuning & DISA activation....I'm seriously considering doing this in near future....GB laa heheh

kolamp;839129 said:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381371

Referring to above link,

This conversion would increase power to approximately 265hp and 225 lbft tq (stock 330i: 255/220) due to the ecu reprogramming to powerchip's performance tune (claimed at 275/233) minus the losses from a more restrictive exhaust system on the 25i/28i.

This modification allows 325s to achieve 50hp/40tq gains and 328s to achieve 35hp/25tq gains, rendering this upgrade the most cost effective for non-330 N52s.

It cost bout USD1K for all parts excl. tuning & DISA activation....I'm seriously considering doing this in near future....GB laa heheh

Thanks for the link. Looks most tempting. GB huh? hehehehe

But is the US version not the N52B30?

tIANcI;839151 said:
Thanks for the link. Looks most tempting. GB huh? hehehehe

But is the US version not the N52B30?

Dunno whether its compatible with our N52B25 where last time I asked if anybody done this & none replied LOL....I believe the hardware should be compatible only need to find tuner that can do reprogramming & DISA activation....The intake can be found in X1's N51 and e9x N52B30 so I believe its doable....btw, we're way OT LOL

t2ribena;838436 said:
did a test with ron97 then add in a 10point octane booster...suppose to be RON98 but the test return RON97.1 which is the original RON...I stop using any booster since...

one of the most sensible post in here for a long time!!!

the only reason that i will ever use RON97 in malaysia is if RON95 is less than 20 cents cheaper per litre.

performance.. too minute to feel..

is it a better fuel?? i guess from a burnout point of view .. a little. cleaner burnout as well.. otherwise.. nothing that you and me can feel on our butt except pain in the wallet!

funny no one ask me about it this time...

My 1999 RON95 all the way just fine..

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

In the US, Shell V Power is only 91-93 octane. That's supposedly the most premium fuel you can get. I don't know if the supercars need to have their timing retarded for the US market.

Our low end fuel here is 95 octane. Why do I want to pay RM1 extra per litre for RON97 when RON93 is good enough for supercars?

Check out the link here : http://www.shell.us/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/v-power/overview.html

Well is our udm a supercars...
Guess just a normal car huhu

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

ALIAS;840809 said:
In the US, Shell V Power is only 91-93 octane. That's supposedly the most premium fuel you can get. I don't know if the supercars need to have their timing retarded for the US market.

Our low end fuel here is 95 octane. Why do I want to pay RM1 extra per litre for RON97 when RON93 is good enough for supercars?

Check out the link here : http://www.shell.us/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/v-power/overview.html

US octane is not the same as our RON.
US octane 91 is equivalent to RON95.5
RON98 is equivalent to US octane 93.1

For more details, go ask Mr Google.

Top Bottom