BMW 2005 TRACK DAY!!!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for participating especially Redd for organising the Auto italia boys. Great turn out.
Now for the next track day, i was looking at a close track day. It would cost more (around 300) but it will be closed to the rest. Point is to get at least 50 cars to bring the cost down.
Hopefully we can do another on in a few month. So people get your car ready for the next one.

As for me, i was not really pushing since brake pedeal feel still soft so cant really brake that late. But it was really fun. Yup, Eric is a very good driver & i still can remember what he taught me both in Sepang & at the Cart track. Tks to Sideways too.

Once again thanks to all that came (drivers & supporters) for a really fun day. Hope that the next one we will have a bigger crowd.

Redd

Indeed we need to mingle more between the groups. Next time then.

Cheers to all!

Originally posted by Lee36328@Apr 17 2005, 01:54 AM
You think you know how to drive and you think you know your car... until you hit the first corner at SIC... and you realise with a sickening sensation in your stomach... that you know NOTHING!

Wow! What an experience! What a way to lose weight! (mobile sauna). Now i know the helmet and gloves are not just for showing off...

Thanks to the club for organizing this.... EXCELLENT!

Thanks to Kevster for showing me the ropes.... and the individual lines of each corner... invaluable experience, sifu...

Now... i need a new car... anybody wanna sell me an e30?
Glad you had a good time and looks like u r hooked on trackdays huh?

Muahahahaahahaha............Now looking for E30......heheheheheehehe.......

A big 'thank you' to all that turned up (drivers & spectators) ! It was our biggest track turn-up so far and it was very encouraging to see so many driving enthusiast who were perfect gentlemen.......Brilliant stuff! :yahoo:

Great day with no 'drama' and great driving shown by all!

Let's list down who actually came and got on track:

1. Alvin
2. Kevster
3. Fabian
3. bmFive
4. lee36328
5. Ben
6. EEric
7. The Neccessary
8. Marco
9. eoj
10. rosa23 - tentatively ok for me
11. adliz
12. elwine30
13. Nelsone30
14. L O N G (cunfirm)
15. sideways
16. XXX
17. Wirelessjunkie's Pal in his M3
18. BUToh
19. NumberTWO
20. Juan Powerblow

SPECTATOR ( WATER BOY )
1) ICEMAN 13
2) Blackrobe
3) Alex

fabian, i was looking thru my in-car video footage and i think i have some of ur car. if it was u (metallic grey E30, running like a bat out of hell) u were quick! u got some pretty smooth lines too. will see if i can convert it and get it to u. :)

redd

dude, what happened? i mean how did it happened? i was on track when your car stalled in the middle of turn 14.. must be quite scary as there were two fast integras and a mini c/s passed you by a few feet..

anyways, hope it's nothing major..

Originally posted by Redd@Apr 18 2005, 12:18 AM
fabian, i was looking thru my in-car video footage and i think i have some of ur car. if it was u (metallic grey E30, running like a bat out of hell) u were quick! u got some pretty smooth lines too. will see if i can convert it and get it to u. :)

redd
Kevster's ride is metallic grey.... His sould be with the DTM spoiler at the rear....

Mine is blue.... with stock standard rear spoiler...

Originally posted by adliz@Apr 18 2005, 12:19 AM
dude, what happened? i mean how did it happened? i was on track when your car stalled in the middle of turn 14.. must be quite scary as there were two fast integras and a mini c/s passed you by a few feet..

anyways, hope it's nothing major..
not too sure what happened.

My car's rear was quite "loaded" due to turn 13.
I slowed down, shifting alot of weight to the front (FF car ma...)
I floored the throttle to prepare to exit turn 14.

Tiba tiba no-power, and that caused the tail to finally let go.

You can try to experience it by suddenly stepping on the clutch while on full power in the middle of a turn

When I was spining, I saw the LAMBO meters away from me, with the driver doing his best to avoid me :D
ALmost terpengsan :p

If I had no choice, I'd rather the interga hit me than the lambo :ph34r:

:) When registering to drive...
:eek: Approaching the corners...
:ph34r: At the straights...
:beaten: Looking at the tyres at the end...
:nyehehe: When r we goin again?

Had a great time on Saturday.Was very worried bout my E28 (brake hoses leaking,burn clutch ,fail suspension,blown engine), but not bad...
came out of 12 laps in total with only chewgum tyres...

Organizers, GREAT JOB!!!

Cheers B)

The lambo gallardo...m gonna cucuk him :nyehehe: !!!

(He smoke pass me at turn 1 liao)

Powerblow, thanks for allowing me to drive your precious car...the power of your 6 potter was estatic; car was very well set-up with correct tyre pressure...

I really enjoyed trashing one jdm EG6 with roll cage (i guess it is stock B16A engine) but gotta amit that the EF8 crx was damn quick on the straight - he managed to overtake us while we were flat out on the back long straight after C2 even coming from behind..(Impressive!)

Most of the JDMs were braking very late into the corners we had one rude encounter at the C13 decending straight towards the hairpin at C14.... son-of-a-bit*h!

Other than that stupid incident, everything else were a blast. Thanks for allowing me to "ferry" your female companion in the track - got her to experience 3 good laps!!

Good job to the organiser! This even was a success... I got to catch up with old friends in the club - Elwin30, Kevster, Number2, MArco, The Necessary, Iceman, Fabian, JPB, Sideways, Ajit117....... I must say I do not recognise most of the new members...

Till then, my next upgrade would be either a 325 SMG or 330i...........

1. Alvin
2. Kevster
3. Fabian
3. bmFive
4. lee36328
5. Ben
6. EEric
7. The Neccessary
8. Marco
9. eoj
11. adliz
12. elwine30
13. Nelsone30
14. L O N G (cunfirm)
15. sideways
16. XXX
18. BUToh
19. NumberTWO
20. Juan Powerblow

SPECTATOR ( WATER BOY )
1) ICEMAN 13
2) Blackrobe
3) Alex
4) Armereth (+1 botak)

1. Alvin
2. Kevster
3. Fabian
3. bmFive
4. lee36328
5. Ben
6. EEric
7. The Neccessary
8. Marco
9. eoj
11. adliz
12. elwine30
13. Nelsone30
14. L O N G (cunfirm)
15. sideways
16. XXX
18. BUToh
19. NumberTWO
20. Juan Powerblow

SPECTATOR ( WATER BOY )
1) ICEMAN 13
2) Blackrobe
3) Alex
4) Armereth (+1 botak)
5) jeffreyewe

Originally posted by Lee36328@Apr 17 2005, 02:54 PM
You think you know how to drive and you think you know your car... until you hit the first corner at SIC... and you realise with a sickening sensation in your stomach... that you know NOTHING!

Wow! What an experience! What a way to lose weight! (mobile sauna). Now i know the helmet and gloves are not just for showing off...

Thanks to Kevster for showing me the ropes.... and the individual lines of each corner... invaluable experience, sifu...

Lee, wanna sell your 328i? :D

1. Alvin
2. Kevster
3. Fabian
3. bmFive
4. lee36328
5. Ben
6. EEric
7. The Neccessary
8. Marco
9. eoj
11. adliz
12. elwine30
13. Nelsone30
14. L O N G (cunfirm)
15. sideways
16. XXX
18. BUToh
19. NumberTWO
20. Juan Powerblow
21. CY (///S6) in the other E46M3

SPECTATOR ( WATER BOY )
1) ICEMAN 13
2) Blackrobe
3) Alex
4) Armereth (+1 botak)
5) jeffreyewe
6) OSFlanker
7) Flower of Carnage
8) Senity
9) Vivian

How can you forget the girls?!! aiyyyyyoooooooo!!!

Originally posted by Lee36328@Apr 17 2005, 06:54 AM

Looks like your faith in the Jedi Council got all twisted and Kevster had tempted you into the Dark Side (E30!) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D

1. Alvin
2. Kevster
3. Fabian
3. bmFive
4. lee36328
5. Ben
6. EEric
7. The Neccessary
8. Marco
9. eoj