Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Marco@Apr 18 2005, 12:37 PM
Alvin's July Track Day

1. Alvin
2. Lee36328
3. Marco
4. Adliz

met up with adliz yesterday...he was still reeling for excitement..n keep on asking me when is the next track day??
Aarrggggghhhhhh, wrong timing again.... :(

Originally posted by dimples@Apr 18 2005, 03:30 AM
1. Alvin
2. Kevster
3. Fabian
3. bmFive
4. lee36328
5. Ben
6. EEric
7. The Neccessary
8. Marco
9. eoj
10. rosa23 - tentatively ok for me
11. adliz
12. elwine30
13. Nelsone30
14. L O N G (cunfirm)
15. sideways
16. XXX
17. Wirelessjunkie's Pal in his M3
18. BUToh
19. NumberTWO
20. Juan Powerblow
21. CY (///S6) in the other E46M3
22. E28driver
23. walrus_lord

SPECTATOR ( WATER BOY )
1) ICEMAN 13
2) Blackrobe
3) Alex
4) Armereth (+1 botak)
5) jeffreyewe
6) OSFlanker
7) Flower of Carnage
8) Senity
9) Vivian

ABSENT WIV APLOGY
1) kahar abdullah
2) DImples (MC)

Hey guys, sorry that I didn't manage to come along even though I wanted too.. I had taken ill last weekend with fever and flu ... makan porridge all weekend .. ugh!

Quite dissappointed as I wanted to get some taxi rides ... :(

LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO WRITE ABOUT THIS EVENT FOR THE NEXT ISSUE OF THE NEWSLETTER!!
(hint.. hint ... might a certain young, dashing finance chappie driving an e46 wanna volunteer? :nyehehe: )

FOC ... Sorry sayang ... i wanted to see you too ... but sakit lar .. what to do ... but at least some of the guys brought their women to the track la so you weren't the only gal there. COME FOR THE BBQ k? :D
Oh! I thot I saw 5201 lurking around too. ;)

Alvin's July Track Day

1. Alvin
2. Lee36328
3. Marco
4. Adliz
5. Kevster30 (need to teach Lee36328 how to drive his new E30!)

Yeah man......Flash Gordon always full of excuses wan........scared the 4-pot ta-pau him ar?........................ekekekekekeke

the biggest strength of the coops are the brakes. even a stock coop without any mods will outbrake most cars out there, including a Type-R. we had a modded coop (with the mintex stickers) who apparently gave the DC5 'Tegs a run for their money during trackday. the driver of that coop is no slouch either. he braked so hard he blew a stainless steel brake hose, had it repaired in the pit, and was out again within 30 mins blowing away more cars.

but personally, a coop is too tall geared for sepang. ideally u want a car that will hit the revlimit of the last gear at the end of the straight just before Turn 1. that usually means shorter geared japanese cars - like civics/'tegs with close-ratio 'boxes - or trackday specials like the elise or 340R. if i was getting a pure trackday car, and didn't want to get a jap, i'd prolly get an elise.

or take WJ's GTV2000, mod the crap out of it, and mow down modern sportscars with a 30-yr old classic! :D

redd

Originally posted by kevster30@Apr 18 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah man......Flash Gordon always full of excuses wan........scared the 4-pot ta-pau him ar?........................ekekekekekeke
Me no scared. Only that I am a "jailbird" for the months of July and August. Me "junior" is expected sometime in July. No hanky-panky for one month after that. :cry:

Hmmmm, wonder if a Wira modded with 4G63 turbo engine can give the JDMs a run for their money???? :dunno:

Originally posted by Redd@Apr 18 2005, 08:23 AM
the biggest strength of the coops are the brakes. even a stock coop without any mods will outbrake most cars out there, including a Type-R. we had a modded coop (with the mintex stickers) who apparently gave the DC5 'Tegs a run for their money during trackday. the driver of that coop is no slouch either. he braked so hard he blew a stainless steel brake hose, had it repaired in the pit, and was out again within 30 mins blowing away more cars.

but personally, a coop is too tall geared for sepang. ideally u want a car that will hit the revlimit of the last gear at the end of the straight just before Turn 1. that usually means shorter geared japanese cars - like civics/'tegs with close-ratio 'boxes - or trackday specials like the elise or 340R. if i was getting a pure trackday car, and didn't want to get a jap, i'd prolly get an elise.

or take WJ's GTV2000, mod the crap out of it, and mow down modern sportscars with a 30-yr old classic! :D

redd
Thanks Redd... I'm contemplating a pure track car and forget about changing my E46 for a few years. Toying between a recond Fiat Coupe 20v turbo (so I can join your forum too) or a DC5. I thot of having a turbo-ed car for a change.

C'mon, Flash Gordon.....

am sure ur Turbo Wira will do well....

anyway, it's not just the car... it's the driver...! show us what u got....

if the car was a girl, and u haven't taken her to the tracks, then i wud say in terms of ur relationship w ur car, so far u've only exchanged some innocent kisses w her...

Taking her to the track for 3 hours is like having mind-blowing physical relationship with her covering every valve of every cylinder on her, stressing every inch of her struts bars, pushing her suspension and her bushes to the point of failure, scrubbing her brake discs until it glows with the heat, from midnight until 6 am in the morning, falling asleep when u can't take it anymore, then waking up to some nice air intake suction from her air filter, and going at it again until you almost faint from the sheer exhaustion.... then grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the week... (NOW i know why i spend so much money on my car...)

Now... aren't u sorry u missed TD? are u sure u want to miss the next one? he he he....

Lee

Well said. All i can say is i love the sound of my engine roaring & the induction sound as i drive down the straights. SHIOK!

Err....

any support group from the club to help me cope with my withdrawal symptoms....??? Help!?!?! I am an addict!!!

Going to the shop now to see what else I can add to the car.... I am dooooooomed......

Originally posted by Lee36328@Apr 18 2005, 04:01 AM
Err....

any support group from the club to help me cope with my withdrawal symptoms....??? Help!?!?! I am an addict!!!

Going to the shop now to see what else I can add to the car.... I am dooooooomed......
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe we should 'orgynize' another drive soon? Maybe to Cameron Highlands?

BTW, the support group that you seek is 'E30 owners anonymous'..... :D

Originally posted by Lee36328@Apr 18 2005, 05:01 PM
Err....

Ha ha, someone bit the dust... :D

Originally posted by Alvin@Apr 18 2005, 04:12 AM
UUC SWAY BARS!!!!!
X-BRACE!
i know uuc sways are excellent!! rode in marco's and it shows the m-tech sways are a joke!! hehee..

x-brace, what are those? i mean where does that go to?

sorry newb..

Originally posted by Lee36328@Apr 18 2005, 04:50 PM
Taking her to the track for 3 hours is like having mind-blowing physical relationship with her covering every valve of every cylinder on her, stressing every inch of her struts bars, pushing her suspension and her bushes to the point of failure, scrubbing her brake discs until it glows with the heat, from midnight until 6 am in the morning, falling asleep when u can't take it anymore, then waking up to some nice air intake suction from her air filter, and going at it again until you almost faint from the sheer exhaustion.... then grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the week... (NOW i know why i spend so much money on my car...)

Now... aren't u sorry u missed TD? are u sure u want to miss the next one? he he he....
Ehhh, I do that 10% of the time when I am on the road. That is how I know I need a lot prep-work on my babe so that I can really enjoy my track time.

Yes, yes, stop rubbing salt into my wound... :(

Anyway, on Saturday, found that I may need to service my Titans. Suddenly found my babe to be "bouncing" on Kesas, when it did not do that previously. :(

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Apr 18 2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks Redd... I'm contemplating a pure track car and forget about changing my E46 for a few years. Toying between a recond Fiat Coupe 20v turbo (so I can join your forum too) or a DC5. I thot of having a turbo-ed car for a change.
Maybe you can borrow a car from your uncle for the next track day.

Any car is a good track car as long as it ain't yours :D muahaha

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Apr 18 2005, 06:22 PM
Any car is a good track car as long as it ain't yours :D muahaha
OS veli veli tlue not in your own car can get extra 5 seconds.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom