BMW 2005 TRACK DAY!!!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome trackday! ive been at sepang 3 times but this was the best session yet. thanks to Alvin for getting it done! awesome turnout from BMWClub today, too.

im okay with open trackdays if they're like the one we had today. all worries about too many rowdy JDM drivers was proven unfounded, tho some of the contis complained that some of the JDMs were a little rude/aggressive on the track. i just try to stay out of their way cos they are so much faster than me.

i would like to see a bit more interaction between Italia Auto and BMWClub next round. we all just sorta stuck to our own pits and did our own thang. well, one step at a time. next round, COMMON PITS! :)

eeric, as usual, tore it up with his MCS (i hope u killed some Tegs!), but i only saw one E46 M3, the yellow one belonging to WJ's pal. which were the others? incidentally, WJ, ur pal is my ex-classmate. small world. :)

had a nice run with the blue E36 328i, trading leads while trying not to get run over by the Integras of Death. thanks for the fun, let's do it again next time.

oh and only one fiat coupe spun out today. but he did it twice. LOL! :D

thanks again for a great morning! see you all again next round!

redd

Good point there on the lack of interaction between the 2 clubs... will make it a point to have a common pit or a side by side pit arrangement the next time.

I was doing a fair bit of flying laps, so I hope I didn't scare anyone unneccessarily... anyway, I don't think I was fast enuf to do that.. ahhahaha

track day was great i must say... being it my first time, i manage to get 3 taxi rides... was really fun and exciting. :D

wish i could have gotten more taxi rides, but i guess nobody wanna take me lor....heeheehee.... :p

anyways, really looking forward for the next track day event!!!

p.s. to dimples...dearie you told me to go cause you're going and then see see takde pon....

Originally posted by flowerofcarnage@Apr 16 2005, 05:52 PM
track day was great i must say... being it my first time, i manage to get 3 taxi rides... was really fun and exciting. :D

wish i could have gotten more taxi rides, but i guess nobody wanna take me lor....heeheehee.... :p

p.s. to dimples...dearie you told me go cause you're going and then see see takde pon....

mayb dimples wuz asked by someone ere to ask u to come along ... haaa.... possible, possible ... :)

perhaps i shld just ask her to ask u to join our upcomin BBQ uh? :D come come, pen down yer name k.

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Originally posted by flowerofcarnage@Apr 17 2005, 01:52 AM

p.s. to dimples...dearie you told me to go cause you're going and then see see takde pon....

Originally posted by fabianyee@Apr 17 2005, 02:06 AM

hehehe. glad u enjoyed urself....

taxi rides have to request and take number wan....

hmmm.. wonder how u managed to wake up so early....??? ;)

and btw, she commented that the ride in eeric's car was the best, with in-car commentary as if eeric wasn't driving at all...

must admit that eeric's in-car commentary was very helpful for newbies... got left foot barking, and point to Tower B. etc etc... I still remember wat he told me the first time he offered me a taxi ride last year...
yess yess!! eeric's car was the best...love it... and plus the in-car commentary he gave....superb la... :D very very entertaining to listen and watch him drive at the same time...hehehe bestnye!

you wonder how i manage to wake up so early??? i got wake up call loh... ;)

After reviewing the track pics, I realised that all the bimmers are "senget" berat sebelah.
The cars are slightly lower on the right hand side at the straight. Memang ini macam ka? :dunno:

So when our car take a sharp left turn at high speed, will it be unsafe?

Dimples, u FFK......................anyway, i also can't wake up on time......n FFK as well :D

Originally posted by Redd@Apr 16 2005, 11:27 AM
awesome trackday! ive been at sepang 3 times but this was the best session yet. thanks to Alvin for getting it done! awesome turnout from BMWClub today, too.

im okay with open trackdays if they're like the one we had today. all worries about too many rowdy JDM drivers was proven unfounded, tho some of the contis complained that some of the JDMs were a little rude/aggressive on the track. i just try to stay out of their way cos they are so much faster than me.

i would like to see a bit more interaction between Italia Auto and BMWClub next round. we all just sorta stuck to our own pits and did our own thang. well, one step at a time. next round, COMMON PITS! :)

eeric, as usual, tore it up with his MCS (i hope u killed some Tegs!), but i only saw one E46 M3, the yellow one belonging to WJ's pal. which were the others? incidentally, WJ, ur pal is my ex-classmate. small world. :)

had a nice run with the blue E36 328i, trading leads while trying not to get run over by the Integras of Death. thanks for the fun, let's do it again next time.

oh and only one fiat coupe spun out today. but he did it twice. LOL! :D

thanks again for a great morning! see you all again next round!

redd
i think the blue36 was me........which car were u? have to admit tat alot of jdm drivers were kinda rude and get in your racing line even if they havent passed properly yet!!

You think you know how to drive and you think you know your car... until you hit the first corner at SIC... and you realise with a sickening sensation in your stomach... that you know NOTHING!

Wow! What an experience! What a way to lose weight! (mobile sauna). Now i know the helmet and gloves are not just for showing off...

Thanks to the club for organizing this.... EXCELLENT!

Thanks to Kevster for showing me the ropes.... and the individual lines of each corner... invaluable experience, sifu...

Now... i need a new car... anybody wanna sell me an e30?

sideways, i was the silver alfa 156. i think it was later in the day that we met up on the track. u had johor plates right?

eeric must know sepang like the back of his hand now. i wonder how bored he gets when he drives alone...

redd

Aiya! I missed all the action. Have to study for exams end of this month. I saw some of you in CenterPoint Champs in the afternoon.
When is the next trackday?

cheers.

as far as I am concerned , the jap cars were so much faster that they
probably thought that we had no right to share the same piece of
tarmac with them.....

so , they did what they had to do ... unfortunately.

whenever I saw them coming up in my mirrors , I just got of the line
pronto and waved them on ... I noticed that even off-line , they were
very very quick , amazing.

Originally posted by energy@Apr 17 2005, 04:03 AM
.... When is the next trackday? ....
im not too sure as to when wld the next track day be, but we can arrange fer a mini race down to PD fer upcomin BBQ event dis comin mayl, come come sign up! 14th MAY, heheh .... RACE! RACE! errr... oops silap, CONVOY! CONVOY! CONVOY! :D :p

http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/index.ph...topic=2235&st=0

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Originally posted by Redd@Apr 17 2005, 12:27 AM

Redd, what small world. I was looking forward towards Saturday but had to pull due to work commitments. However, I joined the AROC boys this afternoon for their track day and had balls of fun.

Ron Lim was kind enough to take me for 5 flying laps to show me the limits of my Bertone as well as the Sepang lines. It was just an amazing experience seing the Bertone driven to the limit. No drama. Plenty of grip and the handling was just fantastic. Stiffer shocks and thicker antiroll bars would make the car roll less but it was fun with a capital F nevertheless. We overtook a number of modern Alfas ranging from 156s, 147s, 155s and 145s etc.

When it was my turn, I just went for it. The other cars that was overtaken earlier must be gunning for me thinking that I was doing the driving (but that was Ron). Smiles all round looking at the speeds that I could corner. Looks like I could go for laps and laps. I was redlining in 5th on the straight and braked late at the 150m mark. I was having so much fun until I missed a red flag and was frantically flagged when I passed the pit wall then I know that I was suppossed to stop.....some cars spun out up front.

The car was leaking a bit of fuel as I made a mistake filling it to the brim. The rubber seals on the petrol cap was worn hence the drips. I am looking forward towards the next session. Looks like I foudn myself a racer :lol: be it Bimmer or Alfa. Let's keep up the racing spirit.

Btw, if you are looking for excellent tyres for the track, go for the BF Goodrich I was on. Fantastic rubbers. Was still hard and cool after the laps. No chewing gum effect. Ron the maestro was impressed. Cheap and good. B)

i had tonnes of fun yesterday!! excellent!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

thanks and congrats to those that made this happen! :yes:

really impressed with the track! the pre-race briefing was concise and purposeful, esp for a first timer like myself! thanks to marco for the ride and driving lesson.. really helped to show what the e46 is capable of. and to alvin, a very nice 3.0ltr! u made my cousin to want to restore and mod his e30 318!! trying to tail your beast (and eeric's mcs) is impossible!! excellent driving!! was hoping to have a run with nec's m3 (and then get eaten alive!! :beaten: ), but no luck. maybe next time dude?

p/s: wouldnt have the guts to try out sepang on my own.. and i was right about that as those jdms arent so 'friendly'.. but to be fair, most of us are quite slow compared to them.. hehe.. same like when like driving along the highway and there are slower cars staying in the fast lane.. after a while, surely get irritated and cannot tahan also.. :ph34r: hehe..

guys,
I just want to say sorry for the 2nd red flag.
My car just couldnt move.

Hope it didnt waste too much of your time.

Originally posted by boggysv@Apr 17 2005, 09:06 PM
guys,
I just want to say sorry for the 2nd red flag.
My car just couldnt move.

Hope it didnt waste too much of your time.
No problem dude.... None of ur fault....

How's the car???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom