wind noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;847026 said:
wind, diesel clatter & tyre noise were very pronounced compared to the 10-yr-old E46 I was driving previously. BMW's were certainly better engineered in the past..

Very true now BMW getting from bad to worst. From 6 pots to 4 pots, then hydraulic to active and to electric power steering.

The wind noise of F30 is unacceptable for a premium brand.

Mr Patlee,thanks for ur reply but are u sure that ur f30 doesnt produce any wind cutting noise at 110km/hr?what about at higher speed say 140 km/hr and above?If d wind noise is not heard in your machine at all,then I would like to establish contact with you to know more about it,if you dont mind..My name is Nazri,I live in Putra Heights,Subang Jaya..Thanks

The problem i feel the worst is the steering rack " Dok Dok" sound when roll over uneven road. It's grow stronger (sound) when mileage climb up!!

simonyap;848555 said:
The problem i feel the worst is the steering rack " Dok Dok" sound when roll over uneven road. It's grow stronger (sound) when mileage climb up!!

That's true. The one thing that really frustrates me is the klok klok sound from the steering. Even after changing my steering rack the sound is still there and gets louder over time. Unbearable. Going to complaint again on my next service appointment.

nazrisalleh;848491 said:
Mr Patlee,thanks for ur reply but are u sure that ur f30 doesnt produce any wind cutting noise at 110km/hr?what about at higher speed say 140 km/hr and above?If d wind noise is not heard in your machine at all,then I would like to establish contact with you to know more about it,if you dont mind..My name is Nazri,I live in Putra Heights,Subang Jaya..Thanks

Nazri , yes dont feel the wind noise traveling 110-120km/hr and i only notice the tyre noise , (can't remember at 140km/hr as i seldom travel at that speed...99% city drive) ..anyway i will try again for the high speed test this weekend and will let know know the outcome . FYI , i stay in Taman Desa , old klang road .

I noticed the wind noise when I test the 328 m sport, and I've got my car for bout a week now

I didn't notice much of the wind noise, just up the music volume and you won't hear much of it.

and yes, I agree with the suspension, somehow for my m sport I feel much comfortable in sport mode! Less bouncy! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed the wind noise when I test the 328 m sport, and I've got my car for bout a week now

I didn't notice much of the wind noise, just up the music volume and you won't hear much of it.

and yes, I agree with the suspension, somehow for my m sport I feel much comfortable in sport mode! Less bouncy! LOL

initialM;848486 said:
Very true now BMW getting from bad to worst. From 6 pots to 4 pots, then hydraulic to active and to electric power steering.

The wind noise of F30 is unacceptable for a premium brand.

No doubts with the increasing fuel price
Didn't you guys notice the newer engine these day were much smaller compare to earlier design but with the performances retain & lower fuel consumptions
Perhaps nothing is perfect and the sad thing is a over 200k ride :106:

Thanks Mr Patlee..looking forward for ur update...ur home is not far from mine,thats very good..which dealer u bought ur car from?

I think wind noise and in cabin sound level is a subjective matter depending on your level of tolerance and which previous ride you came from. So it may be tolerable to one person but not to the other.

willy5;750459 said:
Hi All,

Does anyone have a problem with wind noise? I am interested in the 320d but having tested 2 different units, I found them noisy even at 120 km/h.

Thanks

Drove my f30 320i luxury for more than 2 months. I personally feel that the wind noise is really unacceptable too when driving at the highway. Anyone has any solution? Those going to reply it is subjective i personally think that you guys are cruising at speed below 100kmh. I can accept the engine noise, but at this level of wind noise for a bmw is totally dissapointed.

I love my new A4 more as compare to my F30...Better suspension and noise insulation, even though it's not as powerful as F30.

rayncc;848830 said:
Need S4 to match F30's power

Power is not everything, what about drivability ? Does the A4 match up close ?

Noise level of course CBU vs CKD, no need to compare already. Even CBU vs CBU, BMW will be noisier than a Audi.

- - - Updated - - -

rayncc;848830 said:
Need S4 to match F30's power

Power is not everything, what about drivability ? Does the A4 match up close ?

Noise level of course CBU vs CKD, no need to compare already. Even CBU vs CBU, BMW will be noisier than a Audi.

Hi Ken85,

I do not experience the wind noise that you mentioned whilst driving at 120 km/h along the NS highway. The quite sound is quite similar to my current ride, Volvo S40 2.4i. From your description, it sounds serious. I feel you. There was one time when i heard a whistling noise from the front passenger side. i found out later that the window was not properly shut. Perhaps i will try driving at say 140 km/h just to confirm this.

BMW 328i M Sport, Alphine White/Black

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Ken85,

I do not experience the wind noise that you mentioned whilst driving at 120 km/h along the NS highway. The quite sound is quite similar to my current ride, Volvo S40 2.4i. From your description, it sounds serious. I feel you. There was one time when i heard a whistling noise from the front passenger side. i found out later that the window was not properly shut. Perhaps i will try driving at say 140 km/h just to confirm this.

BMW 328i M Sport, Alphine White/Black

i have tested my car last weekend at the speed of 120km/h with the radio off , i only feel a very very minor wind noise , as i said before , our tyre noise much much more louder . but i really agreed with "splee" that this is really a subjective matter except we have tools for the noise measurement ..
Nasri , my f30 is from Quill PJ

patlee;848984 said:
i have tested my car last weekend at the speed of 120km/h with the radio off , i only feel a very very minor wind noise , as i said before , our tyre noise much much more louder . but i really agreed with "splee" that this is really a subjective matter except we have tools for the noise measurement ..
Nasri , my f30 is from Quill PJ

I think someone had posted an app for noise measurement.. for android.. might be useful.. "SOUND METER" from playstore

Mr Ken85...I cant be more than agree with you about the wind cutting noise at 100kmhr.I feel like driving a cheap car at times,even d handling is undeniably superior.So the wind noise basically kills the joy of driving partly...Am too trying to look for solutions but so far..no joy.Am trying to get owners of f30 with free wind noise at 110km to be in contact with me...so with their permission I would want to prove to bmw dealers that the some f30s are without the noise.Hopefully with this direct comparison of the two cars, one with noise n the other one is without, they wud be obligated to do some fixing to the affected cars.

i don't think i have any wind noise. when i go above 120-140 it gets a bit noisy but i think its mostly road/tyre noise. I kinda figured that because couple of times i've been on a stretch of road that seems "quieter", i dunno maybe better asphalt or smoother or something (if anyone's curious its the stretch from the nkve going towards setia alam)

then again i do tend to drive around with music blasting :)

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think i have any wind noise. when i go above 120-140 it gets a bit noisy but i think its mostly road/tyre noise. I kinda figured that because couple of times i've been on a stretch of road that seems "quieter", i dunno maybe better asphalt or smoother or something (if anyone's curious its the stretch from the nkve going towards setia alam)

then again i do tend to drive around with music blasting :)

Thanks mr Patlee..It maybe minor at 110kmhr but i believe at that speed its juz at startin point n the noise will only get louder and even annoying as u speed thru 140kmhr n beyond.I maybe wrong but dats wht is exacty happening to my car..Maybe if you dun mind,we cud get together someday n see if thers any difference in the two cars in term of the wind noise.I cud take a drive to ur place in taman desa or anywhr nearby to meet up.Thanks again mr pat lee..

Top Bottom