F30 Wind noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tIANcI;771533 said:
Ok ... spoke with a SC. Wind noise they say is prob due to THINNER glass. They say its thinner than e90 etc. Save weight for bigger car.

What a load of crock! Shud measure the glass to see if this is correct.

Hi willy5, can i know which service center u been to fit the whistling sound? Mine have it at 100km/h, how long it took to fit it? Izzit after fit solve the sound?

Thank...

willy5;771513 said:
mine was to fix whistling, it worked. where is your noise coming from? the windscreen or wing mirrors? if windscreen it may help. take the car in anyway and see what they say.

I not too sure whether it is coming from windscreen or wing mirrors. I can hear the wind noise is coming from the sides. Not sure whether it is because the ears are at the side of our face. Haha...

You car doesn't have wind noise anymore after you fix (even above 140km/h)?

Steven86;771733 said:
Hi willy5, can i know which service center u been to fit the whistling sound? Mine have it at 100km/h, how long it took to fit it? Izzit after fit solve the sound?

Thank...

Yes the whistling noise from the front windscreen was solved. Go to Quill in Puchong. Mine was the first complaint according to them. I had to leave my car there for 4 days before they found the source. As for wind rushing noise from the sides, it gets pretty annoying above 140 kmh. This I think, is from the bad design wing mirrors, it probably that stem from the body to the mirror. If you look at other mirror designs, the stems are pretty streamlined, either rounded or flat on top, have a look aournd in the car park or at the other series. The F30 has a stem that slopes downwards. If you drive with the windows down and put your palm to block the airflow on top of the stem it gets alot quieter. There is also road noise, but that is the tyres.

it is sad to see frontliners having to make silly responses ob behalf of manufacturer in defence of lousy products. petrol engine noisy because of turbo, wind noise because of thin glass. bullshit. truth is the F30 is cheaper to make than the E90 was - that ought to explain everything.

"....F30 is cheaper to make than the E90 was..." Really? Damn I feel cheated!!!

Thank willy5, so quill prepare another car for you will your car at there?

Will try to check and test use palm to block while driving.

Thank...

Steven86;771901 said:
Thank willy5, so quill prepare another car for you will your car at there?

Will try to check and test use palm to block while driving.

Thank...

No spare car was provided. Are we supposed to get one?

Mizhan ... The thin glass is not an excuse. They said that is the latent problem. I know of 2 SC that have commented that BMW quality has dropped. They see it. But what to do, its a JOY to own.

Malaysia i am not sure, but i read other country forum, them will have a spare car provide if them require about it. I am first time own bmw. Any other forumer can tell?

Top Bottom