wind noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
oh..oh!very minor issue but the start of something that should NOT even be happening(wind noise on a beemer)wtf?

willy5;751171 said:
Thanks tcyeow, is it just shhh..sound or rustling sound? What i heard was quite loud rustling at 100 and above which was annoying, if your doesn't have that means it is not inherent in the design

shhh sound

nessman;752186 said:
oh..oh!very minor issue but the start of something that should NOT even be happening(wind noise on a beemer)wtf?

It's a bimmer only la, not a Rolls la. Even my e90 is not all that much more silent than a Camry when it comes to wind noise but costs almost double. Hehehe ...

Dear Bros,

I think there is no such thing as no wind noice, just that how loud it is , and how irritating it is to your ears. For my e90 ,it is quite normal low noice and does not irritate me. But the most noice comes from the tyres, Especially when I was using rum flat tyres. But after I change to normal tyres half of the noice was gone. May be you have mistaken tyre noice as wind noice. Listen carefully what noice it is

supersonic;752310 said:
Dear Bros,

I think there is no such thing as no wind noice, just that how loud it is , and how irritating it is to your ears. For my e90 ,it is quite normal low noice and does not irritate me. But the most noice comes from the tyres, Especially when I was using rum flat tyres. But after I change to normal tyres half of the noice was gone. May be you have mistaken tyre noice as wind noice. Listen carefully what noice it is

Agree there!Slight sshhhh is ok but at very high speed abv 150kph then reasonably acceptable,but at 100kph??tires could be also the culprit!assess sound proofing quality whilst at standstill at traffic light;if can hear next car,then its a matter of concern!i assume the 7 series has better sound proofing??roadster shud hv more external noise!wat say u?

Wind noise is acceptable during high speed on highways. Hope the rattling noise at low speed is not present in the F30s as in the E90s. I had my E90 rain channels changed twice under warranty, during the initial four to six months of ownership.
Can any F30 owners here confirm whether the rattling noise is present?

tcyeow;752194 said:
shhh sound

Thanks Bro! Managed to try another unit 328 SKD and it was shh sound too, noticeable about 140 onwards. The 2 units of 320D I tried earlier was CBU and it was rustling at 100. So it looks like perhaps SKD version is better. Took a closer look and the rain gutter trim actually does not follow the lines of the body and it sticks out a little perhaps that's why. Just as a comparison I tested the C200, wind noise insulation was a little better but the turbo was noisy on full throttle. It sounded like there was an ambulance somewhere in the vicinity.

tcyeow;752194 said:
shhh sound

Yup!double confirm tat,at abt 120 onwards can hear something like fffoooohhhh...not shhhh!the rest is quiet!engine roar must be heard!

they can't repair it for sure...my e90 having this problem from the begnning and i changed almost everything when i bring car for service under BSRI but still the same and at last the SC just claimed this as working as design...

BlackE90;752392 said:
Wind noise is acceptable during high speed on highways. Hope the rattling noise at low speed is not present in the F30s as in the E90s. I had my E90 rain channels changed twice under warranty, during the initial four to six months of ownership.
Can any F30 owners here confirm whether the rattling noise is present?

touch wood.... no rattling sound :eek:

HypoGXII;750488 said:
All I hear at 120 km/h is the engine roaring sir. Are your windows rolled down? I read sometime back that the wind noise is attributed to poor adhesive material for the rubber flap, but I didn't know it was true for the F30.

No..i don't hear any wind noise coming from my F30 328i....its CBU model.

Guess its an individual unique case...but it was so noticeable like as though there's flute on roof!glad the cbu n skd got no issues!cheers!enjoy the ride!

I have been driving my F30 328i (CBU) baby for the past two months, and I don't hear any wind noise at any level of speed. Maybe the only noise I heard is the hard run flat tyre rolling on the rough road surface. Enjoy your new baby, guys.......

tIANcI;752219 said:
It's a bimmer only la, not a Rolls la. Even my e90 is not all that much more silent than a Camry when it comes to wind noise but costs almost double. Hehehe ...

i think is workmanship. my 10 year old E39 & 11 year old E46 (both CBU) do not have wind noise even at 180km/h. More quiet than my 8 year old camry at 150km/h.

for that matter my 16 year old e34 (CKD) is OK except for some wind rush noise from the wing mirrors and the 11 yr old e39 (CBU) has no problems even at > 200, and have driven long distance in a 1 yr old Camry up to 160 kmh and that is quiet too.

EL118;754474 said:
i think is workmanship. my 10 year old E39 & 11 year old E46 (both CBU) do not have wind noise even at 180km/h. More quiet than my 8 year old camry at 150km/h.

Wind noise starts with the wing mirrors ... design I guess. I can hear it on my E90 at 110 km/h. But I am okay with it. Not to say its that loud at all ...

Top Bottom