F30 still worth getting after all the posted problems?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Prot said:
fully imported and have probably the best looks in class and a few classes above?

I think the CLA exterior is a stunner. the interior is disappointing. but the exterior.

i find that there are too many F30s on the road. so go car park, its everywhere. ahahaha.
CLA just came out. Soon we will see CLA everywhere as well.

Worth the money ?

Key Specs: 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 200
Price: RM235,888
Engine: 1.6-litre twin-scroll turbocharged
Transmission: 7G-DCT dual-clutch seven-speed automatic
Horsepower: 156hp
Torque: 250Nm
0-100km/h: 8.5 seconds
Fuel consumption: 5.2 – 5.5l/100km

FEATURES AND EQUIPMENT:
If you’ve seen it once in the A-Class, you’ve seen it all in the CLA. With spaciousness lauded as the biggest differentiator between the hatch and sedan, the CLA 200’s is decked with all the common goodies as seen on the new A-Class. The highlights of which are:
Audio 20 with CD changer: Bluetooth, Six-disc CD changer, MP3, USB/ Aux
5.7-inch TFT colour display screen: Infotainment

To me the CLA is a class below the 3 Series. The interior isn't plush nor is it spacious especially at the back with the sloping roof. This car is meant to do battle with the A3 sedan while the 3 Series is meant to go against the C Class and the A4.

While we're talking about this, the all new W205 C Class should be arriving towards the end of this year in CBU form and it looks great inside and outside.

CLA price is very close to 320i, but compare with 320i, CLA only has 156hp with 1.6L engine compare with 320i which has 184hp. Next year, BMW will release their new engine which produces 190hp for 320i. The choice is yours, for me, BMW 3 series is value for money with the performance.

Since when the CLA being compared to an F30? Is it in the same class/segment? Thought CLA was based on the A-class and B-class, which is comparable to the 1-series and now the 2-series.....

Compare apple-to-apple la......

I remember test driving the A class before deciding on the BMW 3 series. Yes, different class but price is quite close. If you want a much harsher ride day in and day out, A class is the way to go... I believe CLA should have a similar harsh ride too. I really did like the A/CLA series... Well how I described it is like this.

A/CLA series is like the hot showy girlfriend that turns peoples heads. You lust after it initially, but it might be hard to live with due to harsh ride.

3 series is like the stable, elegant woman, the longer you live with it, the more you enjoy the relationship. Like fine wine? Not too showy and loud, great feel in drive.

Except now I'm beginning to think it might have maintenance issues... :p so I might be wrong...

Haha A/CLA cun looking but not practical but the F30 is practical with all the space u have in it plus a powerful engine...

caseywai said:
I remember test driving the A class before deciding on the BMW 3 series. Yes, different class but price is quite close. If you want a much harsher ride day in and day out, A class is the way to go... I believe CLA should have a similar harsh ride too. I really did like the A/CLA series... Well how I described it is like this.

A/CLA series is like the hot showy girlfriend that turns peoples heads. You lust after it initially, but it might be hard to live with due to harsh ride.

3 series is like the stable, elegant woman, the longer you live with it, the more you enjoy the relationship. Like fine wine? Not too showy and loud, great feel in drive.

Except now I'm beginning to think it might have maintenance issues... :p so I might be wrong...
Great anectode bro.. hahaha!!

What issues have you had with your F30 bro? Mind to share?

Cheers.

caseywai said:

Does a fine wine that gives you squeaky seats, steering noises, suspension noises, loose tail lamp, poor sound-proofing and 2 years warranty. i dont think so.......

BTW, the CLA's natural rival is 2 series. and the 2 series is way overpriced.

Also, the CLA is FULLY Imported. the 3 series is locally assembled /fumbled.

the F30 should compete with the C Class, and it would be interesting to compare then.

I believe dynamically, the new Merc wouldnt be able to match the 3 series but on the luxury front, it will be awesome.

My take on the 3 series is that it doesnt feel luxurious. and the handling could be better. but gotta keep the car 1 more year to fully repay it.

my take.. for quality of build.. CLA wins hands down... fun to drive?... 3 series hands on steering please.

Prot said:
Does a fine wine that gives you squeaky seats, steering noises, suspension noises, loose tail lamp, poor sound-proofing and 2 years warranty. i dont think so....... .
Fine wine... Drink and enjoy, but don't try to cellar it yourself... Currently the F30 still new, don't know if will be better with time.

Agree on poor CKD quality though!

tigger said:
Great anectode bro.. hahaha!!
What issues have you had with your F30 bro? Mind to share?
Cheers.
Check my thread... http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/37107-need-help-klunk-sound-from-rear-suspension-squeaky-seats/

Top Bottom