My 2012 F13 640i M sport - the journey starts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;695600 said:
the question is whether our bro wobbles got balls to drive as crazy

I'm an old uncle trying to feel young again in a coupe - the testicular fortitude is no longer the same as in the days of old, sadly. Now, even 40km/h feels too fast to me!

our bro wobbles is trying to be humble for a car that is capable to achieve below 6 sec from 0-100kph.
He is not much older than me so he is not that much of an uncle yet. What is he trying to say is 40kph below top speed is too fast for him.

Hehehehehe...not too sure who is more senior, bro DJH or Wobbles? but definately both Young at Heart la...

now u make us sound so old dee.
Nvm la, I can always use Bro Wobbles 640i to increase my mojo.

DJH;695759 said:
now u make us sound so old dee.
Nvm la, I can always use Bro Wobbles 640i to increase my mojo.

haha, no worries...Apiz also calls me Uncle..kekeke

Hahaha - you guys are all so funny :). Cikgu JFT63 is our distinguished senior, but I'm definitely uncle material already. For Pete's sake, my daily driver is an F02 and if that's not uncle enough, I dunno what is... But, truth is I gotta admit and accept the fact that my prime years are behind me - but my best years are still ahead! hehe

hehe, Prime vs Best years...good comparison bro wobbles:top:..as i'm gonna celebrate my 37th this January, sometimes I feel like an Unker too when looking at the number of nieces and nephews....Most importantly, we do what we feel best, right?:wink:

Right on bro! You will soon turn the page that starts with the number 4 - but the distinguished teacher will be forever young(er) than uncle wobbles here hahaha. I'll smack into 40 so hard next year that I'll bruise the calendar hahaha!

At our stage in life, we should take a step back and learn to enjoy the good gifts that the Almighty has seen fit to bless us - be it our good health, our secure careers, our precious rides or perhaps most importantly, our beloved family :)

Bro Wobbles,
Sorry for hijacking your thread. Just did a study on entrance and exit angle + ground clearance on your forecoming F13. From scaled traced image, your F13 should have a ground clearance of ~150mm (unladen).

Based on that, with the stated front and rear overhang, the entrance and exit angle is approximately 15 degrees. And logically, you will be fine crossing over speed hump not more than 130mm in height (the 20mm reduction is due to your weight+passanger weight+some light booth load+slight re-bounce from the absorber).

If all speed hump is constructed in strict accordance to LTA's standard then you are fine to go ahead with the lowering (see enclosed LTA's standard speed hump which indicating max height of 100mm). However, as far as I know, many private speed humps do not follow the standard and especially in Malaysia, you have got hundreds of do-as-you-wish speed humps w/o following the recommended design.

It is already dangerous when we opted for the nice looking M-Sport bumper as it had protruded lip+ built in aerodynamic splitter. If lower somemore, risk of hitting is really high.

F13entranceandextangle.jpg

LTAhump.jpg

OK, more poison for myself, seeing how it's still in the month of December, which means another slow, long, torturous quarter of a year more to go before my baby comes home...

My DREAM mods of the F13 (it will probably NEVER happen, because the Home Minister will veto all attempts):

1. M sport gear knob.
Gearbox.jpg

This will go quite nicely with the M-sport Steering Wheel:
Mwheel.jpg

And the M-motif Dead Pedal:
Mpedal.jpg

Because the M-adorned interior is missing the M gear knob! See that sore thumb of a normal "Steptronic Sports Transmission" Gear knob? Cannot, cannot... Cannot make it! hehehe...
Minterior.jpg

2. M front apron.
FrontSplitter.jpg

I am just so enamored by the way the M front apron looks. I don't know if such a kit would be available, or whether it would even fit the standard width/track of the basic 640i - but, if ever there were an oppportunity, that's a big item on my "to do list"!

3. Quad pipes:
Quads.jpg

Here I have 2 options. I've already found out that they can do 'non-functioning' cosmetic welding & diffuser trimming, to give me the Quad exhaust look - but, if I had an option, I'd rather go for a proper Eisenmann or Hamann item & get the sound, look as well as whatever horsepower gains (however fractional) to go with it!

Pipes.jpg

Right now, none of the Quad pipes makers in the market cater for the 640i, so I'll just have to wait until they do. I reckon it won't be too long a wait, because the 640i is also available in the USA, and that's usually a sign that the after-market guys will be happy to produce parts for that market.

Power upgrades.
JB3_N55_BMW_Tuner.jpg

Apparently, this baby claims up to 80hp (crank) and 60hp (wheel) gains, on a STOCK N55-powered engine! Dunno how true it is, but I'm sure keen to give it a try... at least, in my dreams anyway. I can just feel it... 320 crank hp from the N55 + 80 more from the Juicebox... that's near 400 horses... yum yum....

Ah well, like I said, it's a dream... only a dream...

morrogan;696002 said:
Bro Wobbles,
Sorry for hijacking your thread. Just did a study on entrance and exit angle + ground clearance on your forecoming F13. From scaled traced image, your F13 should have a ground clearance of ~150mm (unladen).

Based on that, with the stated front and rear overhang, the entrance and exit angle is approximately 15 degrees. And logically, you will be fine crossing over speed hump not more than 130mm in height (the 20mm reduction is due to your weight+passanger weight+some light booth load+slight re-bounce from the absorber).

If all speed hump is constructed in strict accordance to LTA's standard then you are fine to go ahead with the lowering (see enclosed LTA's standard speed hump which indicating max height of 100mm). However, as far as I know, many private speed humps do not follow the standard and especially in Malaysia, you have got hundreds of do-as-you-wish speed humps w/o following the recommended design.

It is already dangerous when we opted for the nice looking M-Sport bumper as it had protruded lip+ built in aerodynamic splitter. If lower somemore, risk of hitting is really high.

WOW! WOW! WOW! :adore::adore::adore: bro Morrogan :adore::adore::adore:

I am SOOO IMPRESSED! Thank you thank you thank you!

You even took into consideration my M-sport kit ... which does have a lower overhang on the lip/splitter - so that's something for me to consider if I wanna drop, otherwise, I'll find myself on Youtube, being the laughing stock of all the BMW forumers here....

THANK YOU AGAIN!

morrogan;696002 said:
Bro Wobbles,

Excellent. that is why i always hesitate to lower the spring. especially on our Malaysian roads which are full of potholes and humps. going into underground carpark may be challenging too.

Bro Wobbles,

Apart from the lowering of the ride height, I would "encourage" go ahead with all 4 mods that you proposed (I am also a evil poison supporter too!). Comparing with the car price, these are just peanuts la. Just a friendly reminder, if you are on the M-Tech front bumper, you must go damn slow up all ramp to reduce the risk of hitting it. Just my humble opinion.

That's why I have to say it again: THANK YOU bro morrogan! When I get my F13, I will definitely take a road trip up and meet up with you and say thanks in person :)

Crikey, I read and re-read bro morrogan's post again - it's just so damn good! Bro, YOU ARE THE MAN! I'm still picking my jaw off the floor in awe. The simplicity of the explanation, the beauty of your diagrams - wow, even a non-engineer guy like me can understand it fully. :top:

It's just amazing what the Forums can show up - we certainly have some gems in here!

Bro morrogan, from my heart again - thank you for the effort and for your kind kind help!

i dun think s'pore has bad roads or bad bumps right? Only if u come to M'sia u have to be careful once u r off the highway especially into housing area or my housing area, hehehe. Dats why my H&S tak boleh install, haizzzz

JFT63;695823 said:
hehe, Prime vs Best years...good comparison bro wobbles:top:..as i'm gonna celebrate my 37th this January, sometimes I feel like an Unker too when looking at the number of nieces and nephews....Most importantly, we do what we feel best, right?:wink:

aiyo, i still have one more odd year to touch the big 40 in 2013. Need to have all the fun i need.

wobbles;695834 said:
Right on bro! You will soon turn the page that starts with the number 4 - but the distinguished teacher will be forever young(er) than uncle wobbles here hahaha. I'll smack into 40 so hard next year that I'll bruise the calendar hahaha!

At our stage in life, we should take a step back and learn to enjoy the good gifts that the Almighty has seen fit to bless us - be it our good health, our secure careers, our precious rides or perhaps most importantly, our beloved family :)

Bro wobbles, let us know how it feels when u touch the big four O then ya.

Top Bottom