My review of the F12/F13 (test drive review)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;690292 said:
aiya wobbles, get a driver la. No need to look for parking space anymore.

Heh.. bro DJH, BMWs are meant for DRIVING PLEASURE. If I wanted to be driven around, I'd stuck with the Mercedes family (shudder).

wobbles;690297 said:
Heh.. bro DJH, BMWs are meant for DRIVING PLEASURE. If I wanted to be driven around, I'd stuck with the Mercedes family (shudder).

Well said. it is not "logic" that when we buy cheap local or jap cars, we drive ourselves and when we buy good expensive marque, we let the driver enjoy.. he he

I knew a person who has a driver for his new porche panarama.

DJH;690404 said:

He is probably someone very loaded and appreciate branded cars but do not really enjoy driving!

DJH;690404 said:

Actually, Panamera not v. comfy seated in the back! Test drove the V6 (base model) Panamera prior to commiting to the new F02 earlier this year - the ride was too firm. The worse thing was, the way Porsches are sold here, they give you really the base base model - nothing included, just engine & 4 wheels. GPS - add $10k. Privacy screens - add $1K. Multi-positional electrical seats with memory settings - add $8K. Bi-Xenon lights - add $5K. The options list is longer than my - oops, family forum - longer than my hand. Add that up, the cost rockets.

This is similar to people getting a chauffeur for their Merc CLS as well - nothing wrong, just that these types of cars (the 4-door coupe) are meant to be driven, not to be chauffeured around. A bit of a waste, in my humble opinion.

Hehehe, bro DJH - I'm sure a lot of people would also say you have a lot $$$$$ too :) but we are humble people, we don't get chauffeurs to drive us in our coupes mah hahahaha joking :)

Gosh, I just saw the new :adore: M6 render today from bmwblog - I can't wait for the replica M body kit to become available - need to get mine done the same way .... *drool*

BMW-M6-F13.jpg

Compared to my M-sport kit...

640iMCarbon03.jpg

Yah, bro Eggie ... damn beautiful car. Pity no M for me *sigh*. Who knows, maybe I will also embark on a project a few years later - my "M makeover of the 640i, inspired by bro Eggie86" hehehe.

wobbles;692984 said:
Gosh, I just saw the new :adore: M6 render today from bmwblog - I can't wait for the replica M body kit to become available - need to get mine done the same way .... *drool*

BMW-M6-F13.jpg

Compared to my M-sport kit...

640iMCarbon03.jpg

Sekkkkksiiiii nyeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh... just called up my Sales Exec today to disturb her & rush her for a delivery date. Latest update, March 2012 before I can get my hands on my baby... the wait is killing me!

The difference between the M6 front bumper and the M-sport is the M come without the light insert in the air dam?

No, not only that. the M-sport has a 'smiley' middle air dam/scoop, the M6 has a frown for a middle air intake inlet.

In fact, ALL M-sport kits have smiley faces (just see the F10 & even the new F30) - it's the design language for BMW for this season, haha, and all ///M models have the frowns.

actually M sport all have the smiley vs the 1M, M3, and M5. Cannot la look alike for something that cost more than twice the amount. Same for the fog lights.
Bro wobbles, yours will be in black?

DJH;693435 said:
actually M sport all have the smiley vs the 1M, M3, and M5. Cannot la look alike for something that cost more than twice the amount. Same for the fog lights.
Bro wobbles, yours will be in black?

Carbon Black metallic, yes :) It's one of 2 M-sport specific colors - the other being non-metallic Imola Red. I saw the Imola Red, unfortunately, it looked a little too washed-out for my liking, so I picked the Carbon Black instead :)

Great taste bro wobbles...red is synonymous with ferraris, not to my liking as well...fuh, such a long way awaiting for the arrival...have some patience ehhh

I just received an update from my Sales Exec this morning - I disturbed her, said I wanted to make changes to my order (true) - for the past few nights, I've been surfing the net and reading about all the mods to the F13 by Hartge, Alpina etc - all applicable only to the 650i, all the QUAD PIPES are for the 650i... everyone ignoring the 640i. So I itchy backside, called her this morning, said I wanted to upgrade to 650i.

She wailed - said why didn't I call her a week ago, now the order has been firmed & my car already in production. Dunno whether to laugh or cry.

I guess I'll just have to wait till Eisenmann comes up with a quad exhaust for the 640i - damn it, now I'm knocking my head.

so the poison to modify outweigh the justification to buy 640i.... resulting in 650i dilemma. I am equally confused

Top Bottom