F13 640i M sport - photos & write ups

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hahaha... F13 is the perfect solution to your dilemma bro DJH - 2 doors, and 2 tiny baby-friendly seats @ the back :) Go for it lah. I know you want it :)

Again, I thought I'd respect the sensitive nature of the Official Members of BMWCM, so my apologies.

Walauwei.....no need to wait for running in the engine???? Straight goto 221???!!!!

Bro morrogan, I've already put nearly a thousand clicks on the odometer - the car is due to be brought into PML for it's first 1000km oil change & servicing - and also to get certain small niggly bits sorted out (my comfort seat motors, for example, aren't as 'powerful' as the ones in the F02, so I'm getting PML to check them out for me). Besides, hearsay, the engines of the Bimmers are already all run in & ready to roar :)

What the heck lah. Sayang the car so much also no use - in Singapore, I can't keep the car for long even if I want to :(

How come Sime Darby so big-small eyes to their customer in M'sia. We don't get the 1000km service. The first one will be 15000km.. a long way for me to wait.
When the car is fully settled down, it can go pass the 250km/h mark.
Enjoy!

btw, bro wobbles, can you PM me whereabout in Singapore got this nice straight road. I was in S'pore for 10 years, never notice present of such road.....

Bro Morrogan, the 1000km service is I PAY MYSELF. Sime Darby is very fair - they treat ALL of us like crap.

Bro Wobbles!..... you are not afraid of the TP, white ants lurking around the corner???

Bro CK, hehehe.. I thought, WTH, I only live once. Besides, Seven Early Eight Early, TP not at that deserted part of Singapore lah :) It felt damn good to see 221km/h flash on the HUD - I wasn't able to push the car any further - I only did 2 runs, then, the testicular fortitude went missing....

My replica F10 maximum speed in 6 months 140kph... Did a run up Ipoh for Qing MIng with the E90. Fully loaded average speed 90kph. Getting old liao plus traffic didn't allow only stretch

Actually, Bro CK, I have to agree, I felt that my courage isn't anywhere what it used to be - maybe it's the fact that we are getting old, but also because I think I'm no longer as foolhardy & stupid as I was when I was younger. That last run which gave me the shaky 221km/h really left me with white knuckles and a very dry mouth. I have to admit, I was scared at the end of it. Scared of demerit points, scared of sudden on-coming traffic (luckily, didn't have any), and most of all, scared of dying hehehe

Great write-up Wobbles... keep it coming.

BTW,love how you spec your F13.Those 20" alloys and the Msport kit are simply gorgeous.

bro wobbles, no...no...no........
Too big for me. I just tried out new 328i and Z4, both 4 cylinders. I am super disappointed.

supergripen;729938 said:
Great write-up Wobbles... keep it coming.

BTW,love how you spec your F13.Those 20" alloys and the Msport kit are simply gorgeous.

Thanks bro supergripen. I appreciate your comments.

I was a little worried about how the 20" would influence comfort - especially since I decided to keep the new generation Run Flats & not iimmediately swap them out for pneumatic tubes - but, I was very very pleasantly surprised at how the new generation Run Flats handle. Road noise is very acceptable - granted, it is of course somewhat louder than the sound-proofed cocoon offered by my F02 - and the ride is not in anyway harsh or bumpy, even in Sports+ mode!

Grip and Steering are phenomenal. Especially with Dynamic Dampers (active anti roll dampers) and the deletion of Integral Active Steering. I can really point this car & it will go where I will it to.

I'm a happy boy :)

DJH;729969 said:
bro wobbles, no...no...no........
Too big for me. I just tried out new 328i and Z4, both 4 cylinders. I am super disappointed.

Share with us your N20 4-potter experience leh bro DJH - what didn't you like about it?

Reviews have been raving about the 240rwhp output of the 328i F30... apparently, machiam some torque freakasaurus like dat...

wobbles;730022 said:
Share with us your N20 4-potter experience leh bro DJH - what didn't you like about it?

Reviews have been raving about the 240rwhp output of the 328i F30... apparently, machiam some torque freakasaurus like dat...

I will only comment about 328i since Z4 is not really a new car other than a new engine.
After much great reviews on the new engine, my expectation was high. Boy, was I wrong. I put it in sport mode to test both in auto and paddle shifts (cannot say manual la since it is not). Both really jerky when I up shift. Maybe not run in yet but cannot be that jerky right? The engine noise is very apparent (tested 328i) that I felt I was driving vios. If you want to know what I say, just drive vios and step heavily on the gas, it sounded a bit like that. When it is idle, on the outside, unsuspecting people may thought it is diesel car. Yes, this twin turbo clatters like diesel albeit softer. In comfort or eco mode the jerkiness is gone but it just take a bit longer time for the engine to react when you step in it but it still has good pick up.
Good points I can say about 328i, I can take corner with much confident. Very stable. Pick up is good but lack in the mid range and will lose compared to my 320d. In KL or if you want to manoeuvre in heavy traffic, 320d beat this easily. Twin turbo even though noisy but very minimal turbo lag but somehow I felt it is still behind VW in this engine tech, possibly due to its heavy weight. Back door now has compartment to put things, yay. Front drink tray synonymous with E90 is gone and is now similar with F10 but why they want us to remove the cover to put our drinks? Where to put the cover, that is very inconvenient and not well thought of.
Interior looks good but I do hope they can improve on some of the materials. Maybe new batch and only upgrade later to increase sale. Sport version but steering a tad thin compared to E90 sport. Now the volume is standardised on the right side. I have issue when I drive F10 and E90, always press the wrong button. For those who dun know, F10 volume is on the right and E90 on the left. Change music also funny for F10 and E90, one up to change new song another is down. Ok I digress… overall, in terms of 328i itself, it is a very complete car this time and there are plethora of enhancements and gadgets to install, it is all about extra mullah. I saw the launched car which had been upgraded almost everything…..super nice wheel, interior all carbon fibre inc door handle, flat bottom steering with red stich, sadly no HUD.
Now key fob no longer need to slot in to start up just like F10. Side view, like some claimed to look like proton Inspira (Mitsubishi lancer)…. IMHO a tad true.
End of the day it is all my personal opinion. You have to test drive yourself. My sale man told me those driving 320d now normally will be disappointed as we are so used to our engine torque…well ya correct as mine is now 420kN.

Bro DJH, this is what I've been saying about the 4-potter N20 engines - for strawberry creamy smoothness, nothing beats an IL six. Your comment about the clattering is spot on. That's what I feel as well (I was at PML when they brought out the new 4-pot 2.0L 520i) - boy, that car clatters!

Even with my IL6 N55B30, it's not as smooth as my IL6 N52B30. Having a Turbo slapped on the engine's backside may have upped the torque curve & gained plenty of horses, but the creamy smoothness is, sadly, somewhat compromised.

Top Bottom