My review of the F12/F13 (test drive review)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;693500 said:
so the poison to modify outweigh the justification to buy 640i.... resulting in 650i dilemma. I am equally confused

Sigh... this is a classic example of heart vs head. My head won - for obvious reasons: 640i @ 'real world conditions' and at 'real world speeds', matched the 650i at every aspect, and BETTERED the 650i by a country mile when it came to fuel economy & emissions. So, I picked the 640i & spec'd it up to the level that was equal to the obviously more luxurious 650i on offer. Essentially, my 640i will have ALL the creature & material comforts the 650i has on offer - Comfort seats, full leather etc etc etc. With the money I saved, I even spec'd it with the M-sport kit (love the front end look). The only thing is the car's heartbeat - an IL6 vs the V8, which I felt I could live with.

Obviously not. I really wanted quad pipes - and all the quad pipe mods at the moment are for the 650i. Not for the 640i. And this is where I got the itchy backside. With the 650i, I could get my quads because there are already quads for the 650i on the market (Hartge, Hamann) - but none for the 640i yet.

But, since all that is water under the bridge, and my Sales Exec's also confirmed the order, short of losing S$50K on the deposit (since I have to cancel & re-order), I am now stuck with a 640i M-sport in Carbon Black. I will just have to learn patience, and wait till the Quad pipe mods trickle down to the 640i range, before I can get my pipes swapped out :)

fret not, my brader.
Knowing how after market will try to squeeze every penny we have, the quad pipe will morph into existence for 640i in no time. Then, even if it cost S$10k it is still worth the amount vs cancellation of your current 640i which you already had all the right options ticked. Patience is the virtue but i cannot convince an itchy backside of yours coz mine is even itchier *scratch....scratch*. Now i know why guys love to do that especially when we woke up and doing so during peeing....or is it just me. *background x-files music*

DJH;690073 said:
bro wobbles, dunno why u like to drive big cars. Parking will be an issue. Maybe not in Spore but here in Boleh Land, I dreaded on parking so end up driving jap car so that i can slot it where i wanted without worries. Maybe my parking skills sux and mabe i kiasi (kena scratch).

IMHO, parking lot sizes in Malaysia definitely bigger than in SG. We only find it hard to park in Malaysia cos we seem to be surrounded by drivers who suck at parking. Ask Paultan. He can attest to it.

Yes, parking space in Malaysia MUCH bigger!

What BMW & all other car manufacturers need to consider is to do THIS

Check out the super duper door protector man!

Cool stuff...
It will protects the car next to yours but not your own car leh..
Some punks might be red eye and dent your car on purpose..

If everyone's cars came with this contraption, the world would be a happier place :) So, any chance you'll join us at Sentosa Il Livo tonight?

I've been thinking about my F13 a LOT these last few days - more so especially since I got confirmation from my long suffering sales exec that the order has been firmed and no further changes can be made - it's now become real to me. My car is now being built in Dingolfing - and strut by strut, bolt by bolt, my F13 is slowly but surely coming to life :). It will be a 2012 model designation, and I think I will share with the brothers here the journey in a new thread....

wobbles;694108 said:
I've been thinking about my F13 a LOT these last few days - more so especially since I got confirmation from my long suffering sales exec that the order has been firmed and no further changes can be made - it's now become real to me. My car is now being built in Dingolfing - and strut by strut, bolt by bolt, my F13 is slowly but surely coming to life :). It will be a 2012 model designation, and I think I will share with the brothers here the journey in a new thread....

I am sure the feeling is like watching our baby grows.

EL118;694123 said:
I am sure the feeling is like watching our baby grows.

It was a real pleasure meeting up with you Bro EL118. My wife commented that you reminded her a lot of a Penang friend of hers' husband - the same friendly face, the same warm smile. That's a good start - it's obviously important to me that Her Royal Highness can see for herself that the BMW petrolhead brothers that I hang around with on the forums (and at our first TT in Sentosa!) are nice, friendly, warm folk :) - that way, she'll let me out of the house to play more often! Hahahaha!

wobbles;694124 said:
It was a real pleasure meeting up with you Bro EL118. My wife commented that you reminded her a lot of a Penang friend of hers' husband - the same friendly face, the same warm smile. That's a good start - it's obviously important to me that Her Royal Highness can see for herself that the BMW petrolhead brothers that I hang around with on the forums (and at our first TT in Sentosa!) are nice, friendly, warm folk :) - that way, she'll let me out of the house to play more often! Hahahaha!

ha ha good to hear that. so that means we do not need to wait until 2013 for u to drive into Malaysia!!! come in for famous Klang Ba ku teh!

hey, I will join in the bak kut teh too. Let me know ya.

Bro wobble, to break in fast, drive to m'sia to meet up with us

hei, do thery have any registered f12/13 6-series in malaysia? so far, i guess i have only saw one.::joyman:

Top Bottom