Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thanks cklein! Who else agrees? 320d vs 3251? Who else goes for the 320d? Who else put their money down for a brand-new 320d or a brand-new 325i recently? gameover also bought a 320d recently. Action speaks louder than words!THE MAJORITY WINS!

docrayboy;515344 said:
Thanks cklein! Who else agrees? 320d vs 3251? Who else goes for the 320d? Who else put their money down for a brand-new 320d or a brand-new 325i recently? gameover also bought a 320d recently. Action speaks louder than words!THE MAJORITY WINS!

Like I said earlier,choices are made with personal preferences in mind.Both the 325i and the 320d are equally good cars,in their own different ways.There's no question of winning or losing here.

I've also said earlier that if I was searching for a car in such a range,I'd probably choose the 320d.But that doesn't mean the 325i is inferior or any less of a car.The 320d does what it does well,in it's price range.In the end tho,I'm not looking for a slowish economical car,I prefer 4-door Q-cars that can scare the bejesus out of Porsches and other upper end cars,hence why I got myself a 4-door 335i.

Cars are chosen for what they offer to the driver..all cars are winners to their owners.Again,no question of winning or losing here.

Schwepps;514922 said:
I think we'll see smaller petrol engines with turbo-charging in the F30, beamer28. Is that really what we want though? :) And BMW does turbocharge the upper range of E90s - the 330i (turbo) and 335i (twin turbo)

Yup,the F30 will probably be offered with smaller 4cyl turbo petrol engines.I've posted the range somewhere but forgot where.The 325i for instance will get a 2.0 inline-4 turbo with about 250bhp.

BTW,the 330i is not a turbo.The 335i is the only turbocharged petrol offering in the current e90/91/92/93 range.

VW Golf is coming out with "R20", expected release in May 2010, a replacement for R32. Its a AWD 270hp 2.0L turbo charged engine, 0 to 100 at 5.7s (Manual), 5.5s (DSG). This will give the Scoobies and EVOs a run for their money.

Cheap Malaysian Roadtax.. :rock:

01-vw-golf-r20-live-620op.jpg

Check out the big front rotor.. :love:
2010-volkswagen-golf-r20-00b.jpg

supergripen;515357 said:
Yup,the F30 will probably be offered with smaller 4cyl turbo petrol engines.I've posted the range somewhere but forgot where.The 325i for instance will get a 2.0 inline-4 turbo with about 250bhp.

BTW,the 330i is not a turbo.The 335i is the only turbocharged petrol offering in the current e90/91/92/93 range.

Oic, always thought the 330i is a turbo too. :p BTW, the F10 will be launched on 7th May in KLCC. Looks like they're bringing forward the launches as I was told earlier it would be launched in Q3. Maybe the bigger diesels will come here earlier too.

docrayboy;515344 said:

bcos majority dun have d extra 60-70k to fork out...........

Yeah Andrew, go for the 320d. Powerful yet economical drive...fill up the tank only every 10 days or so. 96 ringgit for 800kms. Diesel 10 sen cheaper than petrol per litre in Msia.

The F30 scooped pics....

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/BMWs-next-3-series--the-F30--scooped/

andrewlim8;515500 said:
if both 325i or 320d , let u choose one as a birthday gift, which one would u go for??

I'd go for the 325i of course. It's more expensive :D Why would I choose a cheaper present :D

However if the comparison was between the 325d and the 325i then it's a much harder choice. Similar performance, both 6-cylinder engines...

You chose the 320d out of principle gameover...don't sell yourself short becos of money...u mean if you were elected as the people's MP and another party threw money at you, you would jump party too? Come on, don't be like that...say I, gameover, chose the 320d and I would choose it again and again and again...till I die...till we all die!!!!

docrayboy;516004 said:
You chose the 320d out of principle gameover...don't sell yourself short becos of money...u mean if you were elected as the people's MP and another party threw money at you, you would jump party too? Come on, don't be like that...say I, gameover, chose the 320d and I would choose it again and again and again...till I die...till we all die!!!!

Just saw the show 'Misery' on HBO, that's why am acting a little crazy...lol! No lah gameover, if money wasn't the issue, of course, we would all choose the 325i! Or a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S....

then 325i should be a better car as compare to 320d if money is not a problem, right??

so next time dun just keep on shouting at ppl that 320d is a better car as "Majority" chose it.

u should tell ppl, if u dun have budget constraint, so bettert go for 325i. we chose 320d not bcos it's a better car, the reason behind is i couldnt fork out the extra 60k. thus ppl will have a better picture on choosing 325i or 320d, right?

andrewlim8;516130 said:
then 325i should be a better car as compare to 320d if money is not a problem, right??

so next time dun just keep on shouting at ppl that 320d is a better car as "Majority" chose it.

u should tell ppl, if u dun have budget constraint, so bettert go for 325i. we chose 320d not bcos it's a better car, the reason behind is i couldnt fork out the extra 60k. thus ppl will have a better picture on choosing 325i or 320d, right?

You are so clever Andrew...all more expensive cars are better than less expensive ones, then? And don't go using terms like "shouting" ok? Do you want me to label you too? Giving an opinion is anybody's right. That's why they call this a F O R U M. The very fact that this is such a heated topic despite the cars mentioned are 50K apart already means that the "cheaper' car is already the WINNER!!

Every one here say 320d no good because hope the pre-own 320d value drop ma. I one of them.. any more attractive 320d available please let me know.. hehe.. :D Next fella please queue behind me ya?! :D :D

:adore:
docrayboy;516160 said:
You are so clever Andrew...all more expensive cars are better than less expensive ones, then? And don't go using terms like "shouting" ok? Do you want me to label you too? Giving an opinion is anybody's right. That's why they call this a F O R U M. The very fact that this is such a heated topic despite the cars mentioned are 50K apart already means that the "cheaper' car is already the WINNER!!

label? labeled me as what?? :rolleyes:

i am so sori ! i hv forgotten that "your" 320d is the best car in the world :41:.......sori sir.....:77:

Top Bottom