Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;671078 said:
I have yet to drive to genting yet with 320d. I am wondering if of you can share the experience. Also in tune with the thread, have u challenge a 325 up the genting or u had driven both so how's the experience. Better to go up genting with turbo and down with NA? Will be going to genting in a couple of weeks so any input will be good.

I've done Genting, Cameron and Fraser's Hill with the 320d. Genting being the steepest I think shows the limit of the diesel's limited rpm range, having a few thousand extra rpm without changing gears would help a lot there since you're slowing down and speeding up a lot.

Cameron using the new road was very nice, instant torque surge everywhere.

Fraser's was scary so I didn't dare speed up much, bad roads.

I will go manual mode for genting drive. More fun and better control. In fact, I love to go manual mode on highways with sweeping bends e.g. Mines (after toll) to kuchai lama, Mex hiway to kl city centre etc. The handling dynamics of the BMW and the enormous torque lets u speed while on the bends and rocket off like on rails. The golf gti can't come close in such situations.

Sheer driving pleasure!

wow you guys are like super pro on handling the speed from the 320d..i still dont dare to go for high speed conering (espcially at mex) even tough i know the car is so much capable..but i so much in love with the acceleration on straight roads, only last weekend had some fun with an E36 on the kesas highway (at proton there, a very long stretch of straight road). he was so fast catching a GTi, but manage to catch him and we overtake the GTi easily, then we were neck and neck, and i just waved to him as he signals left to go to shah alam huhuhu

namidub;671228 said:
Auto.if only our 320d comes with paddle shifters. :-D

I think you can retrofit them? Bro SMG330i has the paddle shift steering retrofitted on his E90, beautiful stuff :)

paddle shifters would be the greatest mod ever to the 320d, next to the powerkit that is..if install both i would be speechless LOL!!

Pez;671230 said:
paddle shifters would be the greatest mod ever to the 320d, next to the powerkit that is..if install both i would be speechless LOL!!

I think its just matter of money and initiatives(if DIY)
Yes that two are VERY nice to have!

:4: i really like the way this thread is heading.
anyone up for a diesel drive sometime soon? of course we need windy and steep roads to keep our hunger for the torque sprints going. we could do a 3hr short sprint, thinking of first weekend of Oct
PM me to indicate if available and interested :)

namidub;670933 said:
btw,this is the 1st time I'm sending for service. Recommendation please,based on your experiences. AB/Quill/Ingress?

Prefer go to Ingress but you need to bring your geran kereta for registeration(copy only)..
Ab is ok but for urgent call they cannot compromise,which means if your suddenly planning to go there before your ODO shows 1000 km left they will try to avoid accepting your car for service..
Quill -maybe others can advise..

guys, need info and clarification... i m aware of the 3 yrs BSRI currently offered, but am a bit confused on the warranty period.... izzit 2 yrs or 3 following the BSRI? hope you guys can enlighten me.....thks

eric_s;671377 said:
guys, need info and clarification... i m aware of the 3 yrs BSRI currently offered, but am a bit confused on the warranty period.... izzit 2 yrs or 3 following the BSRI? hope you guys can enlighten me.....thks

BSRI is 3 years/60k km following the service intervals.
Warranty is 2 years unlimited km.
Both run concurrently.

I'm still waiting for BMW Malaysia to be more competitive and offer a 3-year warranty like the other luxury marques in Malaysia.

Anyone knows whats the earliest mileage (shown on OBC) for service? Too early and BMW will ask you to call again later.

gameover;671403 said:
BSRI is 3 years/60k km following the service intervals.
Warranty is 2 years unlimited km.
Both run concurrently.

I'm still waiting for BMW Malaysia to be more competitive and offer a 3-year warranty like the other luxury marques in Malaysia.

or 5yr/100,000km BSRI like in Dubai!

Maniac;671283 said:
:4: i really like the way this thread is heading.
anyone up for a diesel drive sometime soon? of course we need windy and steep roads to keep our hunger for the torque sprints going. we could do a 3hr short sprint, thinking of first weekend of Oct
PM me to indicate if available and interested :)

Are you renting the Sepang track for us? Sign me up!!! :)

gameover;671431 said:
Are you renting the Sepang track for us? Sign me up!!! :)

Wuk51;671512 said:
Me too..............

wah..you boys are a demanding bunch ha??? :D
we go for a "free" sight-seeing but torque-filled tour on the outskirts of KL la. 200kms, 4hrs drive including makan makan.
what say you? keen? 2 signed up already!

Maniac;671516 said:
wah..you boys are a demanding bunch ha??? :D
we go for a "free" sight-seeing but torque-filled tour on the outskirts of KL la. 200kms, 4hrs drive including makan makan.
what say you? keen? 2 signed up already!

hahahha....any idea bro??

nice.gotta pass on the 1st OCT.will be away. Looking forward for the next trip!

Top Bottom