Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wuk51;670829 said:
No need bro..yesterday A MK5 GTI cucuk me on my way back to usj from NPE..u guys know what happened?..that GTI makan asap itam je...he tailgate me but cannot overtake until i give him a way after toll..heheheh..after toll he wait for me for revenge but race is only one time..love your family..the important thing is to know that my machine dah boleh tapau itu GTI...hehh..powered by vector..if by the performance kit surely can tapau mehhhh....

Wuk51 in a vectored 320d is like Steve McQueen in a Mustang like that famous Bullitt car chase scene.-I have driven with Wuk51 and I know!:burnout::driver:

320d is powerful enough in stock,what more if its tuned to optimum.Alas,the fuel consumption still doesnt drop too far when u blast the car like nobody's business.
I just got back from Kerteh.departed at 4.50am.and arrived Shah Alam at about 7.50 am. considering i stopped for a while at Temerloh RnR,it took me about 2hrs47 min covering 349km,on a 27.24 liters (RM49) of jellygood diesel.Cruising speed at LPT at 170-180kmh average,sometimes pushing it to 200 when the road permits.
that makes about 7.8l/100km which is NOT BAD at all.try speeding like this on another petrol fed machine and see how much you need to pay.

Anyway guys,my SERVICE indicator has popped up,with 2000+ km to go.Been clocking about 11000km since May!
Can i send my 320d for service now or shall i wait the clock runs to the remaining kilometer.
Any SC that can entertain walk-in cuz I'm free this whole week.

docrayboy;670872 said:
Wuk51 in a vectored 320d is like Steve McQueen in a Mustang like that famous Bullitt car chase scene.-I have driven with Wuk51 and I know!:burnout::driver:

Hahahah...last time bro...so any of you guys going to gti and sciroco event today?

namidub;670885 said:
Anyway guys,my SERVICE indicator has popped up,with 2000+ km to go.Been clocking about 11000km since May!
Can i send my 320d for service now or shall i wait the clock runs to the remaining kilometer.
Any SC that can entertain walk-in cuz I'm free this whole week.

I never wait until it's 0, I've made appointments at around 3-4k km left and AB/Quill have never denied me service. I'd call up and make appointments though.

gameover;670903 said:
I never wait until it's 0, I've made appointments at around 3-4k km left and AB/Quill have never denied me service. I'd call up and make appointments though.

If your meter shown another 5000 and below you can call ingress for an appointment..they accept car services starting 5000 km (remaining)..

Wuk51;670896 said:
Hahahah...last time bro...so any of you guys going to gti and sciroco event today?

Wanted to go but many negative comments from those who went in paultan.org website. Apparently we cannot sit in the cars or test drive them. A big FAIL.

Wuk51;670905 said:
If your meter shown another 5000 and below you can call ingress for an appointment..they accept car services starting 5000 km (remaining)..

Ya, better go early for service. So far sent 4 times already, each at between 10k km to 11k km interval.

gameover;670903 said:

ok thanks gameover should've asked for earlier service.i thought they will follow the OBC reading.if thats the case will call them to set for an appointment.

btw,this is the 1st time I'm sending for service. Recommendation please,based on your experiences. AB/Quill/Ingress?

Go send it now-the more free services you can garner the better during the 3yrs/60.000kms BSRI period. I heard from Maniac bro that even if the service light doesn't pop up but its been 12K km since the last service, they will be obliged to service your car too.

mikeyC;671038 said:
i got mine serviced every 8000km under BSRI...:rock:

Can huh mikey?-every 8000km? You didnt get firing from them when you brought it in so early?

I have yet to drive to genting yet with 320d. I am wondering if of you can share the experience. Also in tune with the thread, have u challenge a 325 up the genting or u had driven both so how's the experience. Better to go up genting with turbo and down with NA? Will be going to genting in a couple of weeks so any input will be good.

mikeyC;671038 said:
i got mine serviced every 8000km under BSRI...:rock:

i observed that the faster and harder i drive the car,the countdown to service decrease rapidly.does this mean if we whack hard our car the countdown drops faster,so we can send at about 9-10k km interval? correct me if I'm wrong. u do the same is it mikey?

DJH;671078 said:
I have yet to drive to genting yet with 320d. I am wondering if of you can share the experience. Also in tune with the thread, have u challenge a 325 up the genting or u had driven both so how's the experience. Better to go up genting with turbo and down with NA? Will be going to genting in a couple of weeks so any input will be good.

although i haven't climb up genting,i would say driving up and down Jalan bukit baru,pulau pinang and my latest adventure at pekan karak to kuala kelawang twisting road gives me a very mesmerizing experience. and i put the car in DS mode all the time. its RARING to go.it makes u want to push the pedal even more and more
:-D overtaking? No prob overtake few cars at a time, Climb uphill? EFFORTLESS.

namidub;671083 said:
i observed that the faster and harder i drive the car,the countdown to service decrease rapidly.does this mean if we whack hard our car the countdown drops faster,so we can send at about 9-10k km interval? correct me if I'm wrong. u do the same is it mikey?

Yes, the on board car computer monitors all parameters including spirited driving-better send in every 8,000km like mikeyC irregardless-after 60,000km u pay 1,000MR at least everytime u service.

namidub;671085 said:
although i haven't climb up genting,i would say driving up and down Jalan bukit baru,pulau pinang and my latest adventure at pekan karak to kuala kelawang twisting road gives me a very mesmerizing experience. and i put the car in DS mode all the time. its RARING to go.it makes u want to push the pedal even more and more
:-D overtaking? No prob overtake few cars at a time, Climb uphill? EFFORTLESS.

In DS mode, manual or auto?

Top Bottom