Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wuk51;670375 said:
bro..just listen here buddy...320d will make you smile every time u drive and will make you more confident while driving...No need to worry on maintenance since 60k kilometer cover by BMW...GUD luck bro...by the way , where is your location?
kota bharu bro, that's y having a hard time looking for 1..i'm edging towards the 320d now hehe, let's see what my 200k budget can get me..thanx for ur advice..

wokyoh11;670368 said:
i'm aware that these German steels means a bigger leak from my pocket..on the other hand (after talking to a few friends who's been using these cars, the total maintainace cost would be more or less the same compared to the japs machines, as servicing is only required for every 25,000km, no need for gear oil change and good reliability (not sure to what extent this is true)..if i were to go for the 320d, then the savings i will be making is even greater in the long run (unless i go mod crazy like docrayboy seems to be doing)..
i do think that i can afford them, although ppl in my profession tend to be more conservative on their spendings on rides (passat cc, beemers and audis are usually owned by the congenitally well off colleagues)..as a govt servant with a modest monthly income, i tend to be more careful with my spending..and like many ppl, i want the best stuff at the cheapest price..

Let me help u out on this sharing my view.
I had a similar budget just like you and wanted to pay no more than 2k/m
Initially had a thought on vw passat cc,audi a4 1.8tfsi other than the bimmer.
But the 320d premium units looked attractive,and upon my test drive with the car i was sold.

1.As good as brand new deals. Low interest financing from either bmw credit or banks
Got mine at 2.45% for 9y

2.Premium units are highly negotiable,based on your bargaining skill.heard of an older 320d with 177hp/350nm going for 185k.(again this is subjective to your skill and the SA) hence this will be within your budget.but if u fork out a little bit more you can get the last batch with idrive (mine didnt come with one)

3.worry free or peace of mind at least for the first 60,000km or 3 yrs whichever comes first.the other marques did not offer these.

4.highly addictive torque (380nm at 1750-2750rpm) and at the same time gives me even better fuel economy even compared to my previous ride (bestari 206). You can checkout my fuel economy by clicking at the FUELLY banner below.best FC i had so far 6.1l/100km and even on a journey with full DS mode and tekan all the way FC still manageable at about 7l/100km.
Again this is subjective.but our 325i friend shared on a good day he.ll get 11.7l/100km and other days about 12.7l/100km. Go figure!

5.very stable ride and tight handling characteristics even on stock components (320d comes with m sport suspension) i felt more confident throwing high speed at corners,at times without realizing what speed were i'm at. The 50-50 perfectly balanced chassis helped a lot and the RWD characteristics too.

Btw one more thing bmw msia sets diesel servicing intervals at 15000km instead of 25k.
To me this is not a problem as i would like to service it in shorter period as for preventative maintenance.

And i made my decision on a 320d after a lengthy readup on this forum.thanks to docray,maniac,gameover for the previous posts that i read.i'm convinced and hope you are too!:rock:

wow nice write up namidub!

and coincidently i also came from the same car as you, the bestari 206! (still have the car, my lil sis is using it now to get to college) hehe

but, im really impressed at ur fc 6l/100km, my best so far is 7.2l/100km..but im still in running in period so i know the fc is can be much better after tis..even so, 7.2l/100km i can still get like 800++km for a full tank..its still worth it!!

so bro wokyoh11, dont thnk too much, just come and test drive and you'll surely be sold for the car

guys, 1 question, im still in running in - and my SA told to run in until 2000km..rite now is about 1.8K km, so do you guys do and oil change or anythg after uv reached that mileage?? and whats the cost for that???

wokyoh11;670368 said:
... as servicing is only required for every 25,000km, no need for gear oil change and good reliability ...

Let me correct you, 25k km service interval is far too long. On the 325i you should do it at around 15k km or even less from what I read. On my 320d it's set for 15k km but I tend to send it in at around 10-11k km when the counter touches ~4000-4500km. I might even get 6 services within my 60k km BSRI :D Each service is roughly RM800.

The transmission fluid should be changed every 60k km according to BMW Malaysia.

Air Asia KB to KL should be a bit more than RM100. I think it's worth the money to test drive the cars available before buying don't you think? Organize a TT and pay for drinks and you'll probably see lots of us showing up too :D

wokyoh11;670358 said:
hi all..
after about 3 days of reading, i've finally come to the final page of this monster thread..
i'm a newbie, and considering to buy my 1st beemer..
started thinking of buying an FD2R, then a EURO R, then a MAZDA6/MPS, finally to the 3 series..
for the 3 series, 325 or the 320d..
thanx to u guys, i'm more confused than ever..at times thinking back of getting the FD2R..
1. for 325 m-sport, the ones that meet my budget are those 2008/early 2009 models..with i-drive but yes without the attractive facelifted rear lamps..then there goes the risks of buying a 2nd hand/recond cars..
2. 320d sounds attractive, but i have a thing for NA cars (drove a civic before)..though i'm prepared to go for the a bit more expensive premium selections (considering the fuelsave i'm gonna make)..
3. wait til next year after f30 is launched, sure the 325 LCI will drop in price..i can get 1 la..then i'll still have to decide between 325 or 320d..duhhhh..only God can help me now..

I used to drive civic and also contemplating FD2R. Yes, i was a VTEC fan before and even a HCOC member. But trust me, 320d is something else. Luxury, comfort, sporty, economical, and the torque.... that's very addictive. These combination, u will not get from any other. I never been so eager to drive car until 320d.

thanx namidub, pez, gameover n DJH..
~80 pages of reading has been worth it..despite most of it involving members bantering each other..
my take from this..
both 325i and 320d are great cars..
for me it's either a 2nd hand or a recond..
whichever comes my way first with a good deal, i'd take it..
hopefully 5 years down the line i'll be able to afford a brand new one..
in the spirit of this wonderful machine..Danke!
pray for me haha..

No worries.down with that route before.all the best in your car hunting!

Wuk51;670551 said:
game over bro...got la...early this year the price for premium selection only 218k..just went to glenmerie..

Wuk ni zaman bila punya quote ni. I bought my 320d in April 2010 :D

wokyoh11;670433 said:
kota bharu bro, that's y having a hard time looking for 1..i'm edging towards the 320d now hehe, let's see what my 200k budget can get me..thanx for ur advice..

wokyoh, you have no excuse.. come this 1 Oct'11, Saturday @ Kuala Terengganu:rock:

JOY HAS A NEED FOR SPEED
PENDRAGON AUTO PERFORMANCE DAY
1 OCTOBER 2011

Stretch the limits of everyday driving on a wide open space as you undergo an adrenaline- fuelled experience with the BMW 3 Series and BMW 5 Series. You will also have the chance to perform a series of BMW Driver Training exercises like steering techniques, brake, steer and avoid, timed slalom and an xDrive demonstration of the BMW X5.

So, out your inhibitions aside and enjoy sheer driving pleasure in a true test of acceleration and stability.

Pendragon Auto Performance Day
Venue: Sultan Mizan Stadium Car Park
Date: Saturday, 1 October 2011
Attire: Casual with comfortable shoe

Available sessions (please select your preferred session)
Session1: 10am - 11am
Session2: 12pm - 1pm
Session3: 2pm - 3pm
Session4: 4pm - 5pm

To RSVP, please contact Mr. KC at 016-2002179 by Monday, 19 September 2001.

Pendragon Auto,
Lot32, Jalan Teluk Sisek,
25000 Kuantan, Pahang.
Tel: 09- 516 1666
Fax: 09- 515 6190

wokyoh11;670433 said:

i know someone in this forum purchased a 320d 2010 @ MYR180++ So now you can look forward for a 320d bro!! no regrets for sure.. fuel economy even better than two (2) of my Viva's!!

Wrongly post...i thought it's a new thread..just a reference to wokyoh..kehkehekh

Rilek la korang ni, party diesel tak ajak langsung :( Aih
Petrol is so expensive. Can I convert my enjin to diesel? Kekeke

aoch88;670582 said:

Can,first find a diesel machine e.g e60 530d,f10 520d or e90 320d.
Then you sell your current car. And then enjoy the diesel party.hehehe

aoch88;670582 said:

how come there's a diesel party and i don't know?:smokin:

Like djh, I was from civic fd2 as well. The high revving vtec was a joy to drive until my first taste of turbo with audi tt mk1. Once I was on a turbo, there was no turning back. The torque makes the car a better drive in any traffic compared to the high screamer of an NA.
Was also looking at the Passat cc and audi a4 1.8 and was this close to making the deposit for the Passat cc until a backside itch stopped me at ab glenmarie. It was then history.
To me, the 320d marries the real world-usable performance with the joy of BMW driving dynamics minus the guilt conscience of a thirsty revver.
Btw, the cheapest I heard sold was a march 2010 space grey which went for 195k. It was a 177hp version n was offered to me in jan 2011 but i wanted the 184hp and paid higher but with freebies. Your time to show off all the years of honing ur petaling street skills. I have heard some who bought it at 185k direct from BMW Malaysia. But that's an exception. I was hinted that 185k is the BMW authorised dealers cost price from BMW tho' I m ready to stand corrected

kuntakinte;670626 said:
Like djh, I was from civic fd2 as well. The high revving vtec was a joy to drive until my first taste of turbo with audi tt mk1. Once I was on a turbo, there was no turning back. The torque makes the car a better drive in any traffic compared to the high screamer of an NA.
Was also looking at the Passat cc and audi a4 1.8 and was this close to making the deposit for the Passat cc until a backside itch stopped me at ab glenmarie. It was then history.
To me, the 320d is marries the real world-usable performance with the joy of BMW driving dynamics minus the guilt conscience of a thirsty revver.
Btw, the cheapest I heard sold was a march 2010 space grey which went for 195k. It was a 177hp version n was offered to me in jan 2011 but i wanted the 184hp and paid higher but with freebies. Your time to show off all the years of honing ur petaling street skills. I have heard some who bought it at 185k direct from BMW Malaysia. But that's an exception. I was hinted that 185k is the BMW authorised dealers cost price from BMW tho' I m ready to stand corrected

Spot on kuntakinte bro! This came from an article comparing the turbo Porsche GT2 vs the N/A GT3 in Topgear...and I quote

[I interviewed a famous Japanese tuner many years ago, a turbo master called Hosoki. When I asked him whether he appreciated the linear power delivery and crisp throttle response of normally aspirated cars despite working almost exclusively with turbos, he thought for a minute and then said, "you don't pay good money to watch girls play softball - you pay good money to watch men play baseball". The GT3 RS is a girl playing softball. This car(the turbo GT2) is an Australian rugby league test forward making a heavy tackle.]

After "religiously" following this thread for couple of weeks now, I finally went to ingress to test the much famed oils burner 320d msport.. And boy I did fell in love with it! Initially I had the c class facelift in mind, n even got offered a FD2R to fulfill my boy racer dream, but after today, the mind is set.. Nothing I tried that could offer me wht a BMW MSport fitted diesel turbo could do.. The torque, was addictive.. It was like "tekan tekan tekan" like most owners here keeps saying.. It's guilt free speeding as the SA tells me his customers always complains "why I tekan tekan tekan, still the fuel indicator tak turun one? I want to visit the diesel pump eh"

Ingress auto has a couple of pre owned/reg lying around.. Mostly from AUG 2011.. Starting from 235k before discount? Apparently they will be bundling the pre owneds with the performance kit and will b around the same price soon.. As they are approaching the year end everything must go sales..

I haven't check quill n AB out to see their pre owned/reg selection yet but hopefully if any sifus here who happens to spot a nice 2011 premium selection units during your servicing periods, do hola.. In the list for the ingress auto performance kit unit test drive soon.. Seriouly, can't wait.. Till then, anyone wanna point me to the newbies corner before I kena tembak?

:wink::rolleyes:
BennLee;670633 said:
After "religiously" following this thread for couple of weeks now, I finally went to ingress to test the much famed oils burner 320d msport.. And boy I did fell in love with it! Initially I had the c class facelift in mind, n even got offered a FD2R to fulfill my boy racer dream, but after today, the mind is set.. Nothing I tried that could offer me wht a BMW MSport fitted diesel turbo could do.. The torque, was addictive.. It was like "tekan tekan tekan" like most owners here keeps saying.. It's guilt free speeding as the SA tells me his customers always complains "why I tekan tekan tekan, still the fuel indicator tak turun one? I want to visit the diesel pump eh"

Ingress auto has a couple of pre owned/reg lying around.. Mostly from AUG 2011.. Starting from 235k before discount? Apparently they will be bundling the pre owneds with the performance kit and will b around the same price soon.. As they are approaching the year end everything must go sales..

I haven't check quill n AB out to see their pre owned/reg selection yet but hopefully if any sifus here who happens to spot a nice 2011 premium selection units during your servicing periods, do hola.. In the list for the ingress auto performance kit unit test drive soon.. Seriouly, can't wait.. Till then, anyone wanna point me to the newbies corner before I kena tembak?

Get the turbodiesel marvel called the 320d Benn! You don't want to play soft ball with the girls (pathethic!), join the men's baseball game!:rock:

Weighted Choice of words, doc but Better not start another war cos to each, our own. After all, most super cars are still high revving NA monsters

Top Bottom