Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aoch88;670141 said:
I went there yesterday, 4 pieces left, lol :)

Aoch88, thanxx! so did you change ur tailtip also?? how was it??

namidub, i thnk we should give kelvin a call first, if still got 4, we "chop" the tips first for 4 ppl huhuhu

pls do so..reserve it.i will be around this sunday and the whole week im free..

Pez;670170 said:
Aoch88, thanxx! so did you change ur tailtip also?? how was it??

namidub, i thnk we should give kelvin a call first, if still got 4, we "chop" the tips first for 4 ppl huhuhu

Actually I wanted to do the Remus tips but end up going for a Hamann replica from him :) He has ordered it from Taiwan.

namidub, i just called Kelvin, he said all 5 tips are already taken by someone from this forum, so later if he has stock he said he'll post it in the forum..so cant get it by tis week then =____=

Bro ron, sorry lo, kelvin said its out of stock, need to wait end of month :(

Ron, tell the forum about the angel eyes LED lights saga you went through today for your 320d.........

Doc, today whole day installing the led from mudah.com, went to few shop but still cannot get the best result...

Outcome only the small ring brighter, then the bigger ring very dim....

Doc, you help to post the photos I sent you in the morning....

Cover my number =p

After the whole day, I ask that guy to full refund me =p actually he is a very nice guy...

Just the product is not what I wanted/expected....

=D

ronnie2k9;670266 said:
Doc, today whole day installing the led from mudah.com, went to few shop but still cannot get the best result...

Outcome only the small ring brighter, then the bigger ring very dim....

Doc, you help to post the photos I sent you in the morning....

Cover my number =p

To be honest, it will never be as bright as those shown on the photos they use to advertise :) E60 and E90 uses the same "ring" concept and that is the most you can get with these after market LED's. If you stand right in front from some distance then it looks not bad but when you're near, the lights doesn't seem to make the outer circle bright enough. If you want brighter and more well distributed light then you can go for H8 replacement bulbs like the ones from Philips but it isn't as white as these china made LED's. If you look at F10, it's very bright but it's using a whole different way of lighting up the rings.

hi all..
after about 3 days of reading, i've finally come to the final page of this monster thread..
i'm a newbie, and considering to buy my 1st beemer..
started thinking of buying an FD2R, then a EURO R, then a MAZDA6/MPS, finally to the 3 series..
for the 3 series, 325 or the 320d..
thanx to u guys, i'm more confused than ever..at times thinking back of getting the FD2R..
1. for 325 m-sport, the ones that meet my budget are those 2008/early 2009 models..with i-drive but yes without the attractive facelifted rear lamps..then there goes the risks of buying a 2nd hand/recond cars..
2. 320d sounds attractive, but i have a thing for NA cars (drove a civic before)..though i'm prepared to go for the a bit more expensive premium selections (considering the fuelsave i'm gonna make)..
3. wait til next year after f30 is launched, sure the 325 LCI will drop in price..i can get 1 la..then i'll still have to decide between 325 or 320d..duhhhh..only God can help me now..

wokyoh11;670358 said:
hi all..
after about 3 days of reading, i've finally come to the final page of this monster thread..
started thinking of buying an FD2R, then a EURO R, then a MAZDA6/MPS, finally to the 3 series..
thanx to u guys, i'm more confused than ever..at times thinking back of getting the FD2R..
1. for 325 m-sport, the ones that meet my budget are those 2008/early 2009 models..with i-drive but yes without the attractive facelifted rear lamps..then there goes the risks of buying a 2nd hand/recond cars..
2. 320d sounds attractive, but i have a thing for NA cars (drove a civic before)..though i'm prepared to go for the a bit more expensive premium selections (considering the fuelsave i'm gonna make)..
3. wait til next year after f30 is launched, sure the 325 LCI will drop in price..i can get 1 la..then i'll still have to decide between 325 or 320d..duhhhh..only God can help me now..

What's your budget in RM? Actually you can retrofit non-LCI to LCI headlamps if you have extra $$$ to spend on it

wokyoh11;670358 said:
hi all..

Actually not to discourage you or anything. I can't say for the rest.. but one thing for sure before u step into the world of E90 Beemer... you have to think about these:
- higher fuel consumption and higher road tax (exception of diesel variant)
- higher ownership cost as maintenance between German marques and Jap marques quite different
- tuning route or stock (320d have better tuning options as turbo-charged whereas 325i is NA and limited to ECU tuning/airflow/supercharging)
- NA characteristics (high reving and sweet sounding I6) or Turbo-Diesel characteristic (highly addictive torque usable from low-mid end and super fuel economy) (bear in mind the new generation diesel very advance but still can hear abit from the outside)
- old i-Drive/new i-Drive/no i-Drive (Garmin ala-carte) :10:
- M-Sport or Non M-Sport (if u can chose FD2R... I'm sure u can take the M-Sport with no problemo. Trust me, you will love it!)
- bulging bonet line & new grill of LCI models + LCI tail lamps OR non
- incredibily fast and steady ride with superb handling
- chick magnet although i tends to think gals :74: would be more interested in fellows that drives cars with Horsy emblem :19: :cheers:

wokyoh11;670358 said:
hi all..

Go test drive each car you mentioned 3 times...then listen to that little inner voice that will whisper out the answer to you.

aoch88;670359 said:
What's your budget in RM? Actually you can retrofit non-LCI to LCI headlamps if you have extra $$$ to spend on it
my budget is around 200k i.e downpayment of 30k and the most i'm ready to pay monthly is 2k..i guess if i'm going for a more expensive options, then i'll have to fork out more on the downpayment, which will take a bit longer for me to gather..

SapphireBlack;670362 said:
Actually not to discourage you or anything. I can't say for the rest.. but one thing for sure before u step into the world of E90 Beemer... you have to think about these:
- higher fuel consumption and higher road tax (exception of diesel variant)
- higher ownership cost as maintenance between German marques and Jap marques quite different
- tuning route or stock (320d have better tuning options as turbo-charged whereas 325i is NA and limited to ECU tuning/airflow/supercharging)
- NA characteristics (high reving and sweet sounding I6) or Turbo-Diesel characteristic (highly addictive torque usable from low-mid end and super fuel economy) (bear in mind the new generation diesel very advance but still can hear abit from the outside)
- old i-Drive/new i-Drive/no i-Drive (Garmin ala-carte) :10:
- M-Sport or Non M-Sport (if u can chose FD2R... I'm sure u can take the M-Sport with no problemo. Trust me, you will love it!)
- bulging bonet line & new grill of LCI models + LCI tail lamps OR non
- incredibily fast and steady ride with superb handling
- chick magnet although i tends to think gals :74: would be more interested in fellows that drives cars with Horsy emblem :19: :cheers:
i'm aware that these German steels means a bigger leak from my pocket..on the other hand (after talking to a few friends who's been using these cars, the total maintainace cost would be more or less the same compared to the japs machines, as servicing is only required for every 25,000km, no need for gear oil change and good reliability (not sure to what extent this is true)..if i were to go for the 320d, then the savings i will be making is even greater in the long run (unless i go mod crazy like docrayboy seems to be doing)..
i do think that i can afford them, although ppl in my profession tend to be more conservative on their spendings on rides (passat cc, beemers and audis are usually owned by the congenitally well off colleagues)..as a govt servant with a modest monthly income, i tend to be more careful with my spending..and like many ppl, i want the best stuff at the cheapest price..

docrayboy;670363 said:
Go test drive each car you mentioned 3 times...then listen to that little inner voice that will whisper out the answer to you.
unfortunately where i'm living, testdriving all of them is not possible..need to go all the way to kl for this haiyyaaa..

wokyoh11;670368 said:
i'm aware that these German steels means a bigger leak from my pocket..on the other hand (after talking to a few friends who's been using these cars, the total maintainace cost would be more or less the same compared to the japs machines, as servicing is only required for every 25,000km, no need for gear oil change and good reliability (not sure to what extent this is true)..if i were to go for the 320d, then the savings i will be making is even greater in the long run (unless i go mod crazy like docrayboy seems to be doing)..
i do think that i can afford them, although ppl in my profession tend to be more conservative on their spendings on rides (passat cc, beemers and audis are usually owned by the congenitally well off colleagues)..as a govt servant with a modest monthly income, i tend to be more careful with my spending..and like many ppl, i want the best stuff at the cheapest price..

bro..just listen here buddy...320d will make you smile every time u drive and will make you more confident while driving...No need to worry on maintenance since 60k kilometer cover by BMW...GUD luck bro...by the way , where is your location?

Top Bottom