Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Mine 320d la.... accidentally touched 4k rpm a few times....... hehehe

DJH;635534 said:
i really wanna tekan but car not run in yet.

Hi so do u feel your new 320d already v responsive even b4 fully run in yet ? i am getting my 320d too v soon and thought of getting feedbacks from you all who are still running in the cars....... cannot tekan the rev above 3000 rpm ? for the 1st 2000 km ? after 2000km means run in liao ?

Maniac;634606 said:
very true bro, the quattro is a lovely turbocharged ride! ...but comes with a rm50k premium above the 320d. if moolah was no issue, would love to add it to my stable too!

its v true that the a4 quattro is a fast car , but i ultimately choose the 320d becos it handles and ride better than the audi or passat for that matter ! its right to say that the bimmer has a better chassis dynamics , a well balanced car tat doesnt impressed immediately like the a4 2.0t but over the long period one would miss its well balanced ride and handling.....

bavarian74;637903 said:
its v true that the a4 quattro is a fast car , but i ultimately choose the 320d becos it handles and ride better than the audi or passat for that matter ! its right to say that the bimmer has a better chassis dynamics , a well balanced car tat doesnt impressed immediately like the a4 2.0t but over the long period one would miss its well balanced ride and handling.....

The 3 series chasis-the best in its class........full stop.

The A4 is a car that "handles well" by masking everything with the "hard" variable suspension setting. Can easily fool people into perceiving hard suspension and little bodyroll as "good handling".

I've been away for a while and have been greatly entertained while catching up on this monster-thread! Just wanted to share my experiences on various fronts:

1. Average full tank range in KL has been 750-850km depending on traffic conditions

2. I find it best to get up to speed quickly and modulating the throttle to match the econo-meter's needle around 6L/100km... one goal being not to exceed 7L/100km

3. #2 means in practice, not dragging the throttle and giving it a bit of upfront push so the vehicle changes gear and begins the cruise cycle

4. Best overall range achieved was 1100km+ with about another 90km left on the indicator when re-filling. This was after a KL-Penang round trip

5. Petronas fuel seems to be giving me a bit more oomph and efficiency around town... a very subjective non-scientific experience

6. I'm having a lot of fun with this vehicle

aya, i failed miserably on my 4 digit mileage quest. :102:
only got to 845kms, with 85km to go on the counter before going to fill up.
the plan was to maintain saman-free speeds when on the highways, but couldn't resist the temptation...and went much much higher.
interestingly, i did find that FC could still be maintained under 5l/100km at around 140kmh, after which the burn rate went up significantly. I also consumed quite a bit more when moving around the small towns averaging around 50-60kmh with stop go heavy traffic. probably did around 600kms on the highway, remainder on the b-roads.

anyhow, what's the point of having all the twisting power at hand if not to translate it into GRUNT on the road! perhaps i'll be more saintly the next time round.

..perhaps. :stupid:

As that Austrian fuel saving champ says... Driving economically can be taken competitively... Let's launch a challenge!! Paul... wanna feature it on your site??? I volunteer my services as 'official photographer'...

Also, I wanted to add #7 to my list above: Correct, and firm tyre pressures also help. Due to the RFTs we're running, it's prudent to check pressures say every second fill at the station, due to the inherent firmness of the tyres, sometimes we tend to misjudge them for being firmer than they are...

good point on tyre pressures. losing pressures will increase the stress on the sidewalls, heating them up and wearing them down faster.
my own experience is that i've actually found that the tire pressures in my rft's don't drop much at all. but the damn thread is wearing out really quickly!
the re050's threadwear is marked 140, meaning it's rated to last 40% longer than a "standard" tyre...anyone really understand what it means?

what tyre pressure u guys put in. I think I put 250 front, 230 back or was it vice versa. Only did it once so still in newbie mode

240 front / 270 rear. If car is fully loaded most of the time or for outstation trips, i pump 250/280. Was asked by AB to adhere to the recommended pressure in one of our owners workshop as it is the recommended settings for msport suspension

huh, then we should not follow the guideline at the side door frame?

DJH;638915 said:
huh, then we should not follow the guideline at the side door frame?

those are the recommended pressures listed on the side door. use your discretion on the right pressure based on the load factor. Just dont under-inflate e.g. putting 230 on the rears when the min recommended is 270 is really pushing it.

after a long search, i hav decided on a 320d instead of the 325i.. i do an average of 120k per day which make sense going for the diesel rather than the petrol.. hopefully i can fetch my car next saturday @ Quill Auto if the paper works are done + window tint + Telematics Platform Accessory installed..

muhaiminrahim;640561 said:
after a long search, i hav decided on a 320d instead of the 325i.. i do an average of 120k per day which make sense going for the diesel rather than the petrol.. hopefully i can fetch my car next saturday @ Quill Auto if the paper works are done + window tint + Telematics Platform Accessory installed..

congratulation! welcome to 'D' club!!

muhaiminrahim;640561 said:

welcome to the oil burner fraternity, muhaiminrahim! enjoy!

muhaiminrahim;642381 said:
just came back from quill with a 2011 320d with idrive!!! now i am a diesel convert!! hehe.. anyone driving a VIVA wants to join me on this crusade? hehe.. just want to flame u who hav not make up you mind buying a 320d.. hehe..

still cant sleep after an enjoyable 3hrs drive from kl to terengganu just now.. hehe..

Top Bottom