Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
did u guys reset the reading of average fuel consumption everytime u fill it up?

macdaque;633768 said:
Me too. Wifey is using a 320d, and the torque is so exhilirating, so much fun trying to find that maximum torque its a shame to try average 1,000kms. Just wondering what's the most efficient way to drive a diesel car - the same as petrol i.e. lowest RPM at highest speed?
Torque too poison so I insist to drive 320d, lol

bavarian74;633269 said:
hey bro, heard from u saying u compared E90 320D among the audi a4 2.0t , E90 335i and the golf gti....

so wats your opinion on the comparision between e90 320d and the audi a4 2.0t ?

i also seriously considering the 320d and the audi a4 both the 2.0 t and 1.8t...... i also tested the vw passat cc and the golf.... the golf gti is a real animal, raw and powerful but unfortunately too small to be my family car...the passat looks v plain in its cockpit and juz increased its price by RM30k what a ripoff !

but i am really impressed by audi n vw DSG gearbox !

The quattro 2.0T is a significantly quicker and more responsive car vs. the 320d, with better tuning potential as well.

E46Fanatic;634596 said:
The quattro 2.0T is a significantly quicker and more responsive car vs. the 320d, with better tuning potential as well.

very true bro, the quattro is a lovely turbocharged ride! ...but comes with a rm50k premium above the 320d. if moolah was no issue, would love to add it to my stable too!

Maniac;633942 said:
i'll be trying for the magical 4 digit mileage soon :) will snap a shot for posterity if successful, hehehe!

Oh, you mean like this? :)

View attachment 19152

Ok, so thats the OBC Remaining Distance to empty after a fill up.
9GcSSn

the best i have done, still can go for 1106km and already done 95km on odo; total 1201km on 1 tank...diesel rock :rock:

mikeyC;635149 said:
the best i have done, still can go for 1106km and already done 95km on odo; total 1201km on 1 tank...diesel rock :rock:

really amazing! your car must be running on a combination of diesel, fresh air and sunshine

Maniac;635158 said:
really amazing! your car must be running on a combination of diesel, fresh air and sunshine

lol...really need to be light footed to get this mileage. Was traveling from KL to Penang and doing between 110-120kmh only until Ipoh, after that tekan all the way to Penang :top:

mikeyC;635149 said:

Nice going bro, wud love to try the same on my ride one day but really cant hold myself back against this 'torque' drug at the moment:love: Mayb we shud organize awareness campaign among oil burner fraternity to demo the potential of diesel engines - and cap it off with track day @ sepang:top:

BaddBoyz3;635209 said:
Nice going bro, wud love to try the same on my ride one day but really cant hold myself back against this 'torque' drug at the moment:love: Mayb we shud organize awareness campaign among oil burner fraternity to demo the potential of diesel engines - and cap it off with track day @ sepang:top:

When's the next diesel TT? 320d 520d boyz along with any other BMW kakis also invited to join.....
This thread can put up potential dates & venues.....
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?41540-320d-520d-all-BMW-kakis-TT&highlight=320d

mikeyC;635149 said:

I dun get it, how can you guys get this amount in the tank. I filled up till overflow only get 750km. What did i do wrong?

mikeyC;635149 said:

Fantastic!!!!! You must have been not only light footed on the pedal, but also on the brake!

DJH;635279 said:
I dun get it, how can you guys get this amount in the tank. I filled up till overflow only get 750km. What did i do wrong?

I think its due to ur heavy right foot la bro..:eek: mine got about 720km b4 the warning came up indicating 112km to refill - and even tht i wasnt holding back:23: but had an issue in finding the right pump size in SP last night... went to 3 stations (Caltex, Petronas and finally Mobil) b4 i cud fill my baby up...:22:

ya but filling it up got anything to do with heaviy footed? Or when we filled it up and it says 750km,if light footed it will increase to the magic 1000km?

DJH;635309 said:
ya but filling it up got anything to do with heaviy footed? Or when we filled it up and it says 750km,if light footed it will increase to the magic 1000km?

I think you need to reset your OBC fuel consumption. The available range is calculated based on that magic number and if you've been zooming around burning up fuel at 9l/100km then you're stuck with some low figure.

Mine now is 8.3l/100km. Filled up twice already and had reset the OBC too. Will do again when i fill up next and see if it increased.

DJH;635513 said:
Mine now is 8.3l/100km. Filled up twice already and had reset the OBC too. Will do again when i fill up next and see if it increased.

8.3l/100km is on the high side. Mine is typically 7.9-8.1l/100km because I drive mostly in town. If I reset the fuel consumption and drive on the highway a bit and get say 6km/100km then I can easily see 950-965km available range after a full tank. Haven't achieved that yet though even on long drives to Penang/Singapore :D

Top Bottom