Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
docrayboy;649185 said:
Tomorrow night the Power Kitted 320d is going to challenge gameover's DTUK and WUK1 Vector 320d! Will keep you guys posted!

Wahhhh..sounds like an illegal drag..dyno is not enough doc? i didnt notice ur pm last night..i dont think i can make it today since i'm at kuala selangor(balik kg maa)..by the way i"ll try to make it if possible..just pm me the venue..i"ll sms u later..maybe TT is enough..we dont have to race ..dyno is enough i think..heheh..if you dare do the dyno at JC racing the same spot as mine..

Wuk51;649268 said:
Wahhhh..sounds like an illegal drag..dyno is not enough doc? i didnt notice ur pm last night..i dont think i can make it today since i'm at kuala selangor(balik kg maa)..by the way i"ll try to make it if possible..just pm me the venue..i"ll sms u later..maybe TT is enough..we dont have to race ..dyno is enough i think..heheh..if you dare do the dyno at JC racing the same spot as mine..

Hi bro! No lah not a drag race-just meet n chat! Later tonite after 9pm. SMS me your number!

nik1979;649059 said:
got price list for premium selection Glenmarie. 320d M sports for year 2010 is priced at RM207,170 and 325 M sports year 2010 @ RM240,800 final.

So not sure to pick up which one. Is there any warranty issue if 320d we change the muffler tip after buying the car?

get the D bro.. wont regret it.. i surely didnt!

nik1979;649062 said:
why SA in AB Glenmarie said to me that clock start ticking for new date re-purchase for premium selection. Is this new offer from AB? Meaning that if I buy prem selection year 2010, it will only expire in 2013 or 60k mileage, which one is earlier.

its 60k mileage mileage minus the mileage during purchase bro.. dun worry bout the 3yr bsri as most of us will reach the 60k mileage before the 3yr bsri ends.. get the D laa.. look around the forum and read those comments written by D owners.. none regretting theirs..

docrayboy;649147 said:
Wait till you've tested the 320d with the BMW Power Kit, Nik.
Just tested the BMW Power Kitted 320d.
In 1 word-AWESOME!
In 3 words-SUCH A RUSH!
About MR5-7K to top up to get it.

doc & gameover, u getting your 320d fitted with the performance kit?

muhaiminrahim;649711 said:
doc & gameover, u getting your 320d fitted with the performance kit?

Yeap! Just got to know today-It costs MR8,513.61 and includes reprogramming of ECU, larger intercooler and larger radiator.

docrayboy;649729 said:
Yeap! Just got to know today-It costs MR8,513.61 and includes reprogramming of ECU, larger intercooler and larger radiator.

Mine 177hp engine can fit the kit?

mikeyC;649824 said:
Mine 177hp engine can fit the kit?

Shouldn't be a problem since its a reprogramming of the ECU,mikeyC! go for it!Ask your BMW dealer in Penang!

docrayboy;649729 said:

wow! RM 8.5k when considering BMW UK is only charging GBP1000 (or RM5k+) for the kit. anyway, doc, would u have the specs e.g. does it include a torque converter and sports exhaust tailpipe? Does BMW white card members get 20% discount?

kuntakinte;650122 said:
wow! RM 8.5k when considering BMW UK is only charging GBP1000 (or RM5k+) for the kit. anyway, doc, would u have the specs e.g. does it include a torque converter and sports exhaust tailpipe? Does BMW white card members get 20% discount?

I believe the BMW UK kit doesn't include installation :D

So what's the news about the torque converter upgrade? Definitely not then? Why does it take 2 weeks to install? Hm...

Didn't get the specs list yet, gameover. They are taking an eternity to get back to me.....

The kit can be fitted on 177hp engine, the price tag is RM8513 not including installation. And just got my gearbox and axle oil changed.

mikeyC;650365 said:
The kit can be fitted on 177hp engine, the price tag is RM8513 not including installation. And just got my gearbox and axle oil changed.

Thanks for the info Mikey. I think after instalation it will be 10k oredy. Do u know what will be the HP and torque for the 177hp model after installation?

I am speaking to BMW Malaysia to give BMWCM official members 320d owners a special discount for the power kit. So, quickly sign up to be OMs!

supersonic;650383 said:
Thanks for the info Mikey. I think after instalation it will be 10k oredy. Do u know what will be the HP and torque for the 177hp model after installation?

No idea about the actual number. From the service adviser, the installation only cost around RM250~RM300 as it only takes ~1h30mins according to the paper. Cheers.

Cant be 2 weeks bro. Software remap is less than a few minutes, need to remove bumper to change intercooler and the electric fan also is pretty simple to replace. 1hr 30 minutes sounds resonable.

ALBundy;650437 said:
Cant be 2 weeks bro. Software remap is less than a few minutes, need to remove bumper to change intercooler and the electric fan also is pretty simple to replace. 1hr 30 minutes sounds resonable.

Best news I've heard all day, AlBundy! Maybe the Sales Advisors haven't got the full run-down about the Kit yet.

nik1979;649059 said:
got price list for premium selection Glenmarie. 320d M sports for year 2010 is priced at RM207,170 and 325 M sports year 2010 @ RM240,800 final.

So not sure to pick up which one. Is there any warranty issue if 320d we change the muffler tip after buying the car?

You should consider the 320d 2011 instead of the 2010. No regrets for having the idrive.
The 325 straight 6 sounds fantastic when you rev the engine, but feeding the car with RON97 is certainly not cheap these days.
Choose wisely...

Top Bottom