Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
heheheh..form 320d vs 325....then saving money to marry Paris...and Maniac came with best solution...Marry Paris and leave everything else came to u instead hehehehe...

M3: The matte color, was it gold/bornze colour? i think i saw it last time.....REALLY COOL.....only able to open the door...scared to pop in when i look at the price tag....

To Diesel sifus out there:

I'm considering a 320d and mileage is 30k+. The SA informed me that at 80k we have to replace the fuel injectors as our local diesel clogs up the injectors. Replacement unit cost about RM10k. Is this true?:hmmmm:

muhaiminrahim;626058 said:
yup, i got it mistaken.. the clock starts once it is registered..

tomorrow i will see if i hav the time to drop by at AB Glenmarrie and Quill Pj.. want to see how the offer is.. call them already through the phone but was not impressed with their tone.. all wanted to seal the deal after just 10mins on the phone..

you have a point there about buying a 325 (its the 2007 model) thats either a second hand or unreg.. i may have to spend some (10k or more) before driving one.. well, this i have to really search one thats looks good, feels good and have some service record history (second hand).. where else for the unreg, just plain luck i guess? btw, know any friendly SA that i can contact?

Bro, no matter how good the condition of the car is. You still need to spare about 10k for the first 6mths. Some of them will only surface up after your purchase. After 80k km or 100k km, you will have a list of wear n tear to replace everytime you walk into the workshop.

BaddBoyz3;630965 said:
To Diesel sifus out there:

I'm considering a 320d and mileage is 30k+. The SA informed me that at 80k we have to replace the fuel injectors as our local diesel clogs up the injectors. Replacement unit cost about RM10k. Is this true?:hmmmm:

Didn't hear of anything of that sort...did any of you 320d boys anything of this notion?

docrayboy;630658 said:
Wow!! Must look smashing!!! Make sure you get the M3 in the pre-nup when you marry Paris, Maniac bro! U have a pic of the M3 in AB Sg Besi, bro? Put it up, won't you? Give us wet dreams tonite.......don't let Paris know, she'll be jealous....we chose the M3 instead of her!

sorry no pics of the M3, nor the 645. to compensate, .....here's Paris!
1T032145F.jpg

docrayboy;631018 said:
Didn't hear of anything of that sort...did any of you 320d boys anything of this notion?

nope. have not heard of this yet. but they are expensive if they need to be replaced, circa 10k sounds ballpark correct. best people to feedback on this would be the 530d guys as they've been around longer here in M'sia, and have endured the poorer quality diesel prior to euro 2M introduction in 2009.

fuel injectors can be inspected and cleaned during services, but we can take steps also to try to avoid injector clogging too. adding diesel injector cleaner additives into the tank every so often is good. getting the engine temperature up every so often is also important - hard driving will do this (hooray!)

Thnks guyz for the feedback, but anybody reached 80k service mileage yet after BSRI expire? Or maybe the SA trying to 'scare' me into buying a brand new 320d :45:

One more item the SA mentioned was tht the 320d's dont come w catalytic converters.. hence black smoke when pedal to da metal.. but personally good or bad depends on which end of the 320d ur at lah haha..:burnout:

BaddBoyz3;631049 said:
One more item the SA mentioned was tht the 320d's dont come w catalytic converters.. hence black smoke when pedal to da metal.. but personally good or bad depends on which end of the 320d ur at lah haha..:burnout:

BMW needs to retrain your SA for telling wild stories to you. Our 320d don't have the DPF and there is no smoke with full throttle.

achtung;511286 said:
driven both...

"Five reasons for going diesel:

1 Diesel burns less fuel because it has more energy.

2 No high-tension electrical ignition systems to attend to. Therefore diesel cars can go through flood water without any misfiring.

3 Diesel engines last longer. The life of a diesel engine is generally twice that of a petrol engine due to increased strength of parts used and because diesel fuel has better lubrication properties than petrol.

4 Diesel fuel is considered safer than petrol as it will not explode.

5 The carbon monoxide content of the exhaust is minimal, which is why diesel engines are used in underground mines.

Diesel as compared to petrol:

● 20 per cent more power
● 75 per cent more torque
● 30 per cent less fuel consumption
● 20 per cent less carbon dioxide emission
● 30 sen per litre cheaper "

IMO, i'll take the diesel only if the world ran out of petrol...:playingball:

There are two sides to a coin bro. Just as many reasons not to go the diesel route. here's two:

1. Poisoning the environment with sulphur emissions. (funny the nst didnt mention this)
2. Dont want my UDM to sound like a taxi. or a bag of very expensive spanners. :)

bimmerdude;632237 said:
There are two sides to a coin bro. Just as many reasons not to go the diesel route. here's two:

1. Poisoning the environment with sulphur emissions. (funny the nst didnt mention this)
2. Dont want my UDM to sound like a taxi. or a bag of very expensive spanners. :)

But once you've tasted the torque it beats anything the 320i or the 325i offers. Its library-quiet inside. Test drive the 320d or the 520d. Sell the 320i and the 325i, buy a bicycle and save the environment!!!

bimmerdude;632237 said:

Yup, you really should test drive instead of just listening to rumours about this and that, the people spreading them have never experienced or driven a modern diesel engine. - Paul Tan

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forum...20d#post632562

another benefit in the favour of using diesel is lower CO2 emissions per km travelled, one of the major greenhouse gasses.
on the bmw tech sheets, the 320d is officially 140 g/km vs the 320i at 182 g/km. the 6 cylinder petrol 3-ers come in at 200 g/km.
on the sulphur front, the future can only be better, as regulation tightens to lower the sulphur content to match the euro 4+ standards here in m'sia.

imho - more BANG for the buck lah to mere mortals like me..:wink: ...environmental concern wasnt a factor - at least in my decision, between the already awesome 325i or the (nkotb) 320d :top:

but been reading other threads - seems like small issues of brake lights being replaced, squeeky doors.. u'd think such a great brand who have supplied aeroplane engines in 2 world wars, produced great motocycles after tht, and built a following for generations - would have ironed such issues out:3:

BaddBoyz3;632822 said:
but been reading other threads - seems like small issues of brake lights being replaced, squeeky doors.. u'd think such a great brand who have supplied aeroplane engines in 2 world wars, produced great motocycles after tht, and built a following for generations - would have ironed such issues out:3:

They couldnt hear the squeaky seats with propellers and bikes at that time...

I've been reading the past few pages, I don't understand why the SA themselves are spreading rubbish?

docrayboy;632241 said:
But once you've tasted the torque it beats anything the 320i or the 325i offers. Its library-quiet inside. Test drive the 320d or the 520d. Sell the 320i and the 325i, buy a bicycle and save the environment!!!

takpa la doc...let them call the 'D's taxi la...black smoke la...it's their pocket money...
for some who like the torque which can 'tapau' certain range with a small size engine + RM1.80 per litre with 900km per tank....
....it's amazing!....

How do you guys get 900km per tank? With lots of stop and go I only get 700km per tank before the light comes on...

gameover;632868 said:
How do you guys get 900km per tank? With lots of stop and go I only get 700km per tank before the light comes on...

:listen: ..thats the power of the diesel bro ..at an average of 120km/h, I easily get 900km++ ...and tht my friend is frm a 3L engine under the hood :biggrin:

Top Bottom