Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
3er;632839 said:
They couldnt hear the squeaky seats with propellers and bikes at that time...

or mayb the seats were from the planes & bikes!:cool:.. now tht wud actually b cool:23:

paultantk;632842 said:
I've been reading the past few pages, I don't understand why the SA themselves are spreading rubbish?

u mean the one about the black smoke, no dpf or replacing whole injector set when reach 80k mileage?

gameover;632868 said:
How do you guys get 900km per tank? With lots of stop and go I only get 700km per tank before the light comes on...

I think 700-800km is quite good for city driving, gameover. Only with long distance highway driving can get 800-1000km.

docrayboy;632904 said:
I think 700-800km is quite good for city driving, gameover. Only with long distance highway driving can get 800-1000km.

Very good indeed

docrayboy;632904 said:

Wah, diesel....

I can't even attain half of 1,000kms with mostly highway driving. Hahaha.

Burnt a full tank of 95 Xtra in just two days... RM 135 gone just like that.

Mileage covered was a tad under the 480kms mark. :p

paultantk;632842 said:
I've been reading the past few pages, I don't understand why the SA themselves are spreading rubbish?

u check with fatty. apparently u dun have to change the injectors, it can be rebuilt or something now? dun have to spend like 8k anymore to fix the chimney smoke

supergripen;511264 said:
I test drove the 320d three times,the third time was just for the hell of it.Almost bought one if not for the deletion of the iDrive.With 4M diesel,200bhp and 420Nm is just an ECU tweak away,which got me interested.In the end tho,I went for a 335i.The other choice I was considering was the mk6 Golf GTi and the Audi A4 2.0t.Says a lot about the 320d,doesn't it?

It was such a fun car to drive due to the humungous wad of torque available from such low engine speeds.You get excellent fuel economy with terrific 'scootability'..just a fab car.

The 325i is a totally different animal..its all about the silky smooth all singing inline-6.Its equally as fast(I think) as the 320d but in a totally different way.One is a torque monster with great low/med end pull and the other is a high revving masterpiece.

Take ur pick.

hey bro, heard from u saying u compared E90 320D among the audi a4 2.0t , E90 335i and the golf gti....

so wats your opinion on the comparision between e90 320d and the audi a4 2.0t ?

i also seriously considering the 320d and the audi a4 both the 2.0 t and 1.8t...... i also tested the vw passat cc and the golf.... the golf gti is a real animal, raw and powerful but unfortunately too small to be my family car...the passat looks v plain in its cockpit and juz increased its price by RM30k what a ripoff !

but i am really impressed by audi n vw DSG gearbox !

i still dun get it how can someone get 1000km per tank diesel. When i filled it up, the reading says 750km till empty. How is it possible to go beyond that?

DJH;633488 said:
i still dun get it how can someone get 1000km per tank diesel. When i filled it up, the reading says 750km till empty. How is it possible to go beyond that?

Long distance highway driving can bro....

docrayboy;633579 said:
Long distance highway driving can bro....
so the amount till empty will not actually tell the real story right?
Anyway, my first trip to fill up only max at 650km i think. Dunno why second time when i filled up, it went up to 750km. Funny. Did u experience the same?

I think as long as you get say 700km on the meter and the computer says 60km to empty....take it as 700km for a tank. Of course, don't drive till empty!

I usually fill up whan there is 70 to 80 km to go and most of the time i am abt 750km. this is for mix driving. sometimes i do get below 700. I think this is probably due to diesel quality at some pumps. so usually i fill up at my favorite pump.

DJH;633587 said:
so the amount till empty will not actually tell the real story right?
Anyway, my first trip to fill up only max at 650km i think. Dunno why second time when i filled up, it went up to 750km. Funny. Did u experience the same?

if you're still running in your car, the mileage will still vary. it'll probably stabilise once you get above 3000kms on the ticker.
anyhow, i always refill when my alarm bongs at 100km's left, and i consistently have more than 700km's on the clock when going in to refill. city driving mainly, with more or less daily carbon cleaning on the highways. :4:
i've never been able to hold back when going on long distance trips, so my burn rate on the highways is quite high. still haven't got to the magic 1000km yet, but will be trying to do it on a family trip in the not so distant future, when i keep to saman-free speeds

I will never reach 800km as I drive fast everytime. If can average 700 to 750km, I am already happy. At least better than my F10

DJH;633760 said:
I will never reach 800km as I drive fast everytime. If can average 700 to 750km, I am already happy. At least better than my F10

Me too. Wifey is using a 320d, and the torque is so exhilirating, so much fun trying to find that maximum torque its a shame to try average 1,000kms. Just wondering what's the most efficient way to drive a diesel car - the same as petrol i.e. lowest RPM at highest speed?

i think most of the 320d drivers here hardly think efficient coz the torque is poison, lol

Want efficient? - get a Prius/Insight/Leaf etc. Not a single 320d driver would swap their 320d for any of the cars mentioned...except maybe for the Tesla!

i'll be trying for the magical 4 digit mileage soon :) will snap a shot for posterity if successful, hehehe!

docrayboy;633902 said:
Want efficient? - get a Prius/Insight/Leaf etc. Not a single 320d driver would swap their 320d for any of the cars mentioned...except maybe for the Tesla!

I saw top gear testing tesla (in fact 2 tesla) both kaput. I think we stick to our 320d for now

Top Bottom