Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
If u read of the tech that BMW has put into this diesel powerhouse, u will b amazed.

Diesel engines are prone to strong vibrations at low rpm. To solve this, BMW developed the centrifugal pendulum at the dual mass flywheel in order to acoustically reduce these sound n yet keep revs low to gain the class leading emission standards n fuel economy. U can google that.

As a result, the engine idles at low 700 rpm, u can barely feel n hear the diesel clatter n vibrations inside the cabin save for a faint chatter.

As u read more of the other tech put in place by BMW on this amazing engine, u just sit in awe of this masterpiece.

Efficient Dynamics

docrayboy;596787 said:
Yes...I think it's true...you lucky buggers are getting the iDrive and uptuned 320d with 184hp, 380 torque for just 5 thousand ringgit more than we paid! Cry, cry, cry!!! Life's soooo unfair!!!

The reason i've gotten the 325i M-Sport was because of power & handling + new i-Drive but at the expense of fuel efficiency. Whenever you guys talk about 600-800 km per full tank, I really envy :eek: (perhaps I can top 550-600 km if I do only highway driving per fuel tank:rock::top:)

With the intro of Euro 4M diesel soon and also the newer diesel engine (ie. 6 cyclinder diesel)... perhaps diesel is the way forward for fuel efficiency.

But nevertheless, my heart is hoping to test the turbo-charged petrol variant of new engine coming from BMW starting this year. Technology such as twin-scroll turbocharging, direct gasoline injection and fully variable Valvetronic valve management which made its way on to a four-cylinder unit, the 2.0 litre petrol block in the X1 xDrive28i introduced in Geneva.

Till then... still love the great smooth feeling of the inline-6 :top:

SapphireBlack;618889 said:
The reason i've gotten the 325i M-Sport was because of power & handling + new i-Drive but at the expense of fuel efficiency. Whenever you guys talk about 600-800 km per full tank, I really envy :eek: (perhaps I can top 550-600 km if I do only highway driving per fuel tank:rock::top:)

With the intro of Euro 4M diesel soon and also the newer diesel engine (ie. 6 cyclinder diesel)... perhaps diesel is the way forward for fuel efficiency.

But nevertheless, my heart is hoping to test the turbo-charged petrol variant of new engine coming from BMW starting this year. Technology such as twin-scroll turbocharging, direct gasoline injection and fully variable Valvetronic valve management which made its way on to a four-cylinder unit, the 2.0 litre petrol block in the X1 xDrive28i introduced in Geneva.

Till then... still love the great smooth feeling of the inline-6 :top:

Spot on mate! Totally agree. Just like you, I too am looking forward for the N20B20 twin scroll trubo engine with 245HP and 350NM of Torque 4potter. Audi A4 2.0 TFSI and VW Golf GTI, watch out.

The new 4potter twin scroll may be more powerful and torquey and fun and exciting.......But, the NA inline 6 potter is a true legend. Smooth and with lots of Soul. I enjoy it every moment. This N52B25 engine will go down in history as one of the NA inline engineering marvel. Lightest, most efficient and most powerful in its class, none of the rivals comes close. Loved it and Will always love it...........

In short, given a choice, have both and more (including the 6 cylinder diesels.....) :)

just want to inform that i am considering to buy my first beemer.. its either a 325 (recondition) or a 320d (pre-reg 2010).. the earliest for me to decide would be in end june'11 and latest 31aug'11.. hope some advise would help me consider which one..

muhaiminrahim;624324 said:
just want to inform that i am considering to buy my first beemer.. its either a 325 (recondition) or a 320d (pre-reg 2010).. the earliest for me to decide would be in end june'11 and latest 31aug'11.. hope some advise would help me consider which one..

Wah!...pre-reg 2010 still avail by june'11?....
Test drive both+pocket condtion....the rest is personal preferential.... :D

Se7en5;624351 said:
Wah!...pre-reg 2010 still avail by june'11?....
Test drive both+pocket condtion....the rest is personal preferential.... :D

i have yet to test the 320d.. hope to test it sometime next week..

hmm.. i guess there wont be a pre-reg 320d by july.. even now too there is none.. so it will be either a 325 (2006 second hand/ recondition) or 320d (pr-owned 2010)..

searching for 325 all this while and the following are my findings:
- mileage: 80k to 120k
- price: 155k to 180k
- the catch: if no major repair then i can save an estimated RM30k

where else the 320d
- mileage: 1k to 17k
- price: 215k
- the catch: peace of mind for 3years or 60k mileage..

Call this SA Alex Tang at Quill 019 220 1660. He knows his stuff. When you are buying a BMW, you appreciate somebody who knows their cars inside out.

http://www.mudah.my/BMW+320d-9126137.htm

6274520025.jpg

docrayboy;626061 said:
Call this SA Alex Tang at Quill 019 220 1660. He knows his stuff. When you are buying a BMW, you appreciate somebody who knows their cars inside out.

thanks for the contact number docrayboy:top:.. called and meet up with him (Alex Tang- super friendly guy and not a pushy type SA) yesterday.. since i was in a rush, no 320d was around for test drive.. will set up another appointment with him sometime soon.. want to try for myself the said addictive torque which have been said a couple of times in this thread..

Or u can try auto Bavaria glenmarie and look for Jerry. He will take u for a real test drive around glenmarie area that combos a series of twisty bends (maintain 80km/h, two hands on steering whilst keeping the line along the bends - a test of bmw's famed handling), then speedy straights to take in the 320d's enormous 380nm acceleration torque culminating in an efficient brake stop. The only thing I didn't get to test was the airbags. :)

The Glenmarie 'track' is excellent. I've driven several types of vehicle there and it always gives a good indication of what each particular vehicle is capable of. Having said that, a Toyota Estima is exceptionally nimble for an aunty-van...

Unfortunately Jerry couldnt cut me a good deal and i couldnt find the right car (ie. right colour). If you are less picky (with colour) you'll probably be able to get yours.

ah, i see this thread is evolving into 320d vs 325i vs paris hilton

but on the subject of work hard, save up...was in the ABKL showroom recently, they brought the M3 e92 with matte paintwork into the display area and have it seated next to the new 645. when will i be able to afford either of those beasts?
solution?...must marry paris lah

Maniac;630617 said:
ah, i see this thread is evolving into 320d vs 325i vs paris hilton

but on the subject of work hard, save up...was in the ABKL showroom recently, they brought the M3 e92 with matte paintwork into the display area and have it seated next to the new 645. when will i be able to afford either of those beasts?
solution?...must marry paris lah

Wow!! Must look smashing!!! Make sure you get the M3 in the pre-nup when you marry Paris, Maniac bro! U have a pic of the M3 in AB Sg Besi, bro? Put it up, won't you? Give us wet dreams tonite.......don't let Paris know, she'll be jealous....we chose the M3 instead of her!

Top Bottom