Msport: 320d vs 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Gosh, finally I finished reading all 44 pages of this thread. Interesting.
As some of you might've noticed, I'm looking to buy 3 series and currently 325i Sports but still reading a lot about 320d too. Reason for 325i was because of the iDrive.
So far I decided to try to see if I can get either of them from AB Premium Selection. Not that I don't trust Recon Dealers but due to the interesting warranty offered by AB.

Btw, I found out that there are new model launched which is 320d M-Sports with iDrive (RM260,800.00), did anyone test this model yet?
I will be driving down to KL this weekend and will be dropping by Glenmarie SR, is there anyone who are near to that place that can help me making my decision? :p

Bro, nope, the 320d aint gonna come with i drive.
I was mislead by the commercial a bit but felt fishy.
After some clarification, NO i drive.

Astronyu;596697 said:
Gosh, finally I finished reading all 44 pages of this thread. Interesting.
As some of you might've noticed, I'm looking to buy 3 series and currently 325i Sports but still reading a lot about 320d too. Reason for 325i was because of the iDrive.
So far I decided to try to see if I can get either of them from AB Premium Selection. Not that I don't trust Recon Dealers but due to the interesting warranty offered by AB.

Btw, I found out that there are new model launched which is 320d M-Sports with iDrive (RM260,800.00), did anyone test this model yet?
I will be driving down to KL this weekend and will be dropping by Glenmarie SR, is there anyone who are near to that place that can help me making my decision? :p

Yes...I think it's true...you lucky buggers are getting the iDrive and uptuned 320d with 184hp, 380 torque for just 5 thousand ringgit more than we paid! Cry, cry, cry!!! Life's soooo unfair!!!

docrayboy;596787 said:
Yes...I think it's true...you lucky buggers are getting the iDrive and uptuned 320d with 184hp, 380 torque for just 5 thousand ringgit more than we paid! Cry, cry, cry!!! Life's soooo unfair!!!

go cry to ur mom... maybe she'd pretend to care. LOL!!

whiteknight88;596798 said:
go cry to ur mom... maybe she'd pretend to care. LOL!!

ha ha...you are right, this is a shitty world where nobody cares for you right, whiteknight88? bet you are having a tough time in life with no true genuine friends? or maybe u were a guarantor for a best friend buddy and he bailed out on the huge loan? or maybe your parents divorced when you were young? what's the source of all this aggression...come on..share with us.

ok bro..sorry...about the outburst...was a busy day. Sorry whiteknight88...i am sure you also didnt mean what you said...

Quick question, what happens when the govt introduces Euro3 or Euro4 grade diesels? Can the current 320d engines take the newer grade fuel or some form of conversion needs to take place such as installation of the DPF? Coz currently, the DPF has been ommitted in the 320d due to our Euro2M fuel grade. Hence, the exhaust tail pipe finisher points downwards towards the tarmac making it a little unattractive compares to the petrol variants. And if so, whats the cost like to install the DPF and other related parts if need be?

Sure can, no worries with higher fuel quality. DPF? Don't know the cost, but still some time away lah the Euro 4. We'll cross the bridge when we get there-with or without iDrive. Ha ha!

i heard Euro4 will be introduced this year... at market price similar to Ron 98

M3ac;597638 said:
Quick question, what happens when the govt introduces Euro3 or Euro4 grade diesels? Can the current 320d engines take the newer grade fuel or some form of conversion needs to take place such as installation of the DPF? Coz currently, the DPF has been ommitted in the 320d due to our Euro2M fuel grade. Hence, the exhaust tail pipe finisher points downwards towards the tarmac making it a little unattractive compares to the petrol variants. And if so, whats the cost like to install the DPF and other related parts if need be?

DPF is the filter that filters out the soot and other particulates coming out of the exhaust. I've topped up with Euro4 diesel in Singapore several times and the 320d just runs cleaner, it's supposed to be a little bit more responsive but in all honesty I can't feel it. So in short no change when we get the Euro4 fuel but installing a DPF will at least clean the exhaust gases and make the world a better place to live :D

M3ac, the ETP has Shell building a new diesel processing unit in its PD refinery as one of the EPPs. It could be for Euro4M diesel. If so, look forward to 6-pot BMW diesels with DPFs and less polluted air. :top:

Schwepps;597895 said:
M3ac, the ETP has Shell building a new diesel processing unit in its PD refinery as one of the EPPs. It could be for Euro4M diesel. If so, look forward to 6-pot BMW diesels with DPFs and less polluted air. :top:

So the gomen's (Govt) effort in the entry point projects as part of the economic transper program is actually materializing? I heard some vague news previously, but I was sceptical. Anyway, it looks like it will come to pass (but its always the execution/governance/transparency/integrity that screws up the whole thing)....wow...good for those who appreciates twin turbo 6 potter diesels.... There is light at the end of the tunnel, after all... Looks like 2011 and beyond are exciting times ahead. :)

That's why I said "it could be for..." It is very vague from where the cold cash is going to materialise to carry out all these plans. Also the plantation boys are lobbying hard for the bio-diesel policy. BMW doesn't support bio-diesel.

gameover;597836 said:
DPF is the filter that filters out the soot and other particulates coming out of the exhaust. I've topped up with Euro4 diesel in Singapore several times and the 320d just runs cleaner, it's supposed to be a little bit more responsive but in all honesty I can't feel it. So in short no change when we get the Euro4 fuel but installing a DPF will at least clean the exhaust gases and make the world a better place to live :D

Gameover, does the engine runs more quiet with Euro4 last time when you pump at Singapore.

I can still clearly remember sitting in my colleague's car in Germany for more then 2 hours still not realizing it's a diesel, until he wind donw the window, I felt a bit suspicious coz of a different sound, then I look at the rpm meter, then only can confirm. That was very impressive.

M3ac;597953 said:
So the gomen's (Govt) effort in the entry point projects as part of the economic transper program is actually materializing? I heard some vague news previously, but I was sceptical. Anyway, it looks like it will come to pass (but its always the execution/governance/transparency/integrity that screws up the whole thing)....wow...good for those who appreciates twin turbo 6 potter diesels.... There is light at the end of the tunnel, after all... Looks like 2011 and beyond are exciting times ahead. :)

I don't trust them. Data only mah, depending on how you want to play with it and what do you want to disclose. What KPI also same thing lah. Does anyone here feel the effect? Yeah, may be some of you who are in that particular industry. At least for those who surrounding me, including doing biz one, all never feel a thing at all!

Vroom325;598008 said:
Gameover, does the engine runs more quiet with Euro4 last time when you pump at Singapore.

I can still clearly remember sitting in my colleague's car in Germany for more then 2 hours still not realizing it's a diesel, until he wind donw the window, I felt a bit suspicious coz of a different sound, then I look at the rpm meter, then only can confirm. That was very impressive.

Not any quieter but then again my memory is suspect at my age :D Last I was in Singapore was December. Will be there again on the 19th so I'll let you know. Having said that though while you're in the 320d the diesel clatter is practically gone, you can hear a whiff of it at idle and that's it...

Vroom325;598012 said:
I don't trust them. Data only mah, depending on how you want to play with it and what do you want to disclose. What KPI also same thing lah. Does anyone here feel the effect? Yeah, may be some of you who are in that particular industry. At least for those who surrounding me, including doing biz one, all never feel a thing at all!

Schwepps;597965 said:
That's why I said "it could be for..." It is very vague from where the cold cash is going to materialise to carry out all these plans. Also the plantation boys are lobbying hard for the bio-diesel policy. BMW doesn't support bio-diesel.

Ya, guess we have to wait & see. Only time will tell. Lets hope the govt will do something right for once - Good for the auto industry, good for the environment and good for the economy.....

Top Bottom